The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
CanesInSeven

Grahame Placed on Waivers

I'm not saying everything was John's fault, the D is horrid and Cam's not been stellar by any means either, but I don't feel some of his comments were necessary.

Your captain or one of the A's can get away with indirectly calling guy out but your back-up netminder who had just done the same thing after a game against Florida a couple of weeks ago needs to just keep quiet. JR gave him somewhat of a free pass, although for posturing purposes more than being candid, and that should have been enough.

Regardless though Grahame is gone and there is shared blame to go around. It happens. I'm not a fan of his play or how he didn't want to be accountable but he isn't the primary reason the Canes are struggling so he doesn't deserve the extra-sharpened knives being thrown around either. He got fired in a public forum yet some people still want their pound of flesh. I think it's time to move on.

We are hockey fans, what does class have to do with it?? We chant "Ref you suck" and "*insert goalie name here* you suck"!!

EXACTLY. :lol:

People are too sensitive. and when something is posted they don't like, they automatically want it locked.

you may be right, but watch what you say....

i like to talk crap about Grahame cause he hasnt done too much for us. he has been nothing but trouble for us, and im tired of dealing with him. glad he will be in albany, whether he plays or not....

Not liking a player has what to do with having class?

I know a lot of people think we should be nice to EVERY single player on this team because of "southern hospitality" or whatever but how about all those anti-Tanabe posts?

I think it's hilarious you all are trying to get this locked btw.

I'd like to keep the thread opened... we will have more to discuss when he goes on re-entry.

I just goes under my skin when we are thrashing guy who isn't here anymore.

I don't like Grahame as a goalie, i wanted him out all along and give Leighton a chance. He is done, leave him alone.

After all, he wasn't really THE reason we sucked .... the rest of the team is responsible as much as he was.

Kicking a guy while he's down is pretty classless. Yeah, Grahame was sent down to the AHL, but many here are taking way too much joy in that.

Thank you, i couldn't have said it better.

Kicking a guy while he's down is pretty classless. Yeah, Grahame was sent down to the AHL, but many here are taking way too much joy in that.

why is it too much joy? most of us have been fed up with him, and now he is gone in a sense....many of us have been calling for Leighton to come up, and now he is here.....why cant we be happy?

I'd like to keep the thread opened... we will have more to discuss when he goes on re-entry.

I don't like Grahame as a goalie, i wanted him out all along and give Leighton a chance. He is done, leave him alone.

After all, he wasn't really THE reason we sucked .... the rest of the team is responsible as much as he was.

I am seriously curious....do you all really think JR will put him on re-entry. Usually a team only does that if they are certain a player will get snatched up. I don't know that this is the case with JG, and I am not saying that to be mean.

We are hockey fans, what does class have to do with it?? We chant "Ref you suck" and "*insert goalie name here* you suck"!!

funny, but doesn't really apply to this particular situation.

We are hockey fans, it is what we do!!

youa re right, he wasnt the main reason we sucked, but evn when he won, he had to score MANY goals to win.....he was given a chance or 2 and he fell on his face....

why is it too much joy? most of us have been fed up with him, and now he is gone in a sense....many of us have been calling for Leighton to come up, and now he is here.....why cant we be happy?

Be happy for it. Making cruel jokes at his expense is too much.

Does this mean that your fed up with Cam also? Lets send him down.

funny, but doesn't really apply to this particular situation.

Actually it points out that this is a hockey forum and as such you should expect it to be PC.

I am seriously curious....do you all really think JR will put him on re-entry. Usually a team only does that if they are certain a player will get snatched up. I don't know that this is the case with JG, and I am not saying that to be mean.

Never say never,

what you think will happen if Kovalchuk lights Leighton 5 or 6 times tonight and he will become a major loser in our eyes all of the sudden.

Besides, JR might actually find a straggling team who will agree to pick up JG on re-entry. not that either of us believe in that.

well it's not John Grahame's fault! :P Nothing is his fault. :lol:

We all know it is your fault for not cheering loud enough for him!! LOL

Never say never,

what you think will happen if Kovalchuk lights Leighton 5 or 6 times tonight and he will become a major loser in our eyes all of the sudden.

Besides, JR might actually find a straggling team who will agree to pick up JG on re-entry. not that either of us believe in that.

"It's only his first game. Give him a chance"

:rolleyes:

Does this mean that your fed up with Cam also? Lets send him down.

Cam's been playing MUCH better than Grahame, but still not very well. When you have a choice to send 1 down, you send the worst one, hence why Grahame was put on waivers. yeah, Cam hasnt been playing well, but we have seen him play much better. Grahame....well...we havent seen him play any better. any the VERY dead last GAA in the league is good enough to get dropped.

Actually it points out that this is a hockey forum and as such you should expect it to be PC.

:( i am afraid such forum would be a bad place for me to be at.

So... lets say you are at the game... and Brooks knocks Hossa out unconcious tonight... and then continues to bit him with his stick, and then other Canes get in start breaking their sticks of poor guy on eyes...

Will you continue to cheer my hockey fan friend?

Cam's been playing MUCH better than Grahame, but still not very well. When you have a choice to send 1 down, you send the worst one, hence why Grahame was put on waivers. yeah, Cam hasnt been playing well, but we have seen him play much better. Grahame....well...we havent seen him play any better. any the VERY dead last GAA in the league is good enough to get dropped.

Denis was worse than Grahame in every way. GAA and SV%.

Grahame's stats are also skewed by the game where Lavi kept him in against Buffalo. Any other coach would have pulled him.

Never say never,

well, if it gets that bad, Wardo will come in. and honestly, we will probably start making excuses for him being an AHL goalie, etc. but thats if that happens...

what if he shuts out ATL? what if he shuts down Kovie on a breakaway?...what if?

well, if it gets that bad, Wardo will come in. and honestly, we will probably start making excuses for him being an AHL goalie, etc. but thats if that happens...

what if he shuts out ATL? what if he shuts down Kovie on a breakaway?...what if?

And if Wardo comes in, we'll have a tired Ward against St. Louis tomorrow.