The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
CanesInSeven

Grahame Placed on Waivers

I liked what I saw out of Leighton when I watched him in preseason. Good salary dump if someone claims Graham. Makes room for a move.

unless they put him on re-entry in which case we get stuck with half but i don't see that happening unless someone (another teams GM) tells JR that they will pick him up.

Yeah, CuJo was a stretch, considering Eklund had him going to:

Carolina

Toronto

Pittsburgh

Ottawa

Tampa Bay

Hmm..I wonder what the connection between the teams could be :rolleyes:

I liked what I saw out of Leighton when I watched him in preseason. Good salary dump if someone claims Graham. Makes room for a move.

Yeah I don't think ANYONE is going to take on Grahame's contract. He may get claimed on re-entry, but not initial waivers. I will be shocked if any team claims him.

:o

unless they put him on re-entry in which case we get stuck with half but i don't see that happening unless someone (another teams GM) tells JR that they will pick him up.

yep... and i don't have high hopes on either.... we are the ones stuck with him until his contract expires at the end of this season

if we need to send Leighton back down, its because he didn't play well, and doubt Gms will flock to pick him up at that point. It's a no lose situation really.

However if Leighton doesn't work out...yikes.

Hope he starts next game.

If Leights does nothing but start a fire under Cam's butt and the defense then it will be well worth it.

Yeah I don't think ANYONE is going to take on Grahame's contract. He may get claimed on re-entry, but not initial waivers. I will be shocked if any team claims him.

:o

Very possibly not. But he isn't expensive as far as goaltenders go. Even if we have to pay half on a reentry, this was the right move.

No way should Leighton start against the Thrashers. Kovalchuk and Hossa run circles around Ward. Can't imagine what they'll do against an AHL goalie.

Start Ward Friday and Leighton Saturday. The Blues are less offensively-minded, and it's a non-conference game, so if Leighton isn't the second coming of Roy, it's no huge loss.

Very possibly not. But he isn't expensive as far as goaltenders go. Even if we have to pay half on a reentry, this was the right move.

No...I am all for this move. Have been for a LONG time. I just don't think he will be claimed on waivers. Re-entry waivers? Possibly, but even that's not a sure thing.

Crackers has worn out his welcome here. Best to him and his circus on ice.

No way should Leighton start against the Thrashers. Kovalchuk and Hossa run circles around Ward. Can't imagine what they'll do against an AHL goalie.

Start Ward Friday and Leighton Saturday. The Blues are less offensively-minded, and it's a non-conference game, so if Leighton isn't the second coming of Roy, it's no huge loss.

AGREED

Going to last in the league....actually I am willing to bet JG doesn't get to start so I should not say that.

I guess u got your wish TH24. Who you gonna bash now?

and it is apropriate time to post a link to this:

''>
' target="_blank">
[/post]

:)

I was at that game courtesy of the Carolina Hurricanes.

Max isn't going to be happy with us :P

I'm assuming a forward (hopefully Nolan) will be coming up with Leighton since Ladd is out and possibly Walker tomorrow.

So, do we think JR is finished now or is this just the first domino here?

First domino. I still say JR does something on defense.

JR has been trying to do something else.

He just didn't have an opportunity yet... he has been looking for that D-man, but then we got plagued by injuries.

Honestly, if this is true, it still does nothing. All it does is paint the problem another color and claim it's fixed.

I agree, frog999. Getting rid of the back up goalie is like puting a band-aid on a decaputatuon victim.

From Spector's:

VARIOUS SOURCES REPORTS THE PHILADLEPHIA FLYERS HAVE PLACED RORY FITZPATRICK AND JIM DOWD ON WAIVERS. THE CAROLINA HURRICANES HAVE PLACED GOALTENDER JOHN GRAHAME ON WAIVERS.

Spector's Note: My thanks to everyone who sent this in. Of these demotions it'll be interesting to see if Grahame clears, as there are a few teams rumoured to be in need of an experienced netminder.