The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
IceFrog999

Grahame for Leighton

Leighton has done well in the AHL. No one's doubting that. In fact, throughout his career, he's done well in the AHL. He, on average, has about a 2.00 GAA in the AHL. However, in the NHL games he's played, he's got closer to a 4.00 GAA. The longest stint he's had in the NHL is 34 games, where he's won 6, lost 18 and tied 8.

There are some players who just can't transfer their skills to the NHL. Aucoin is one Albany has. Leighton's the other.

Grahame for Leighton is NOT going to happen. Forget about it.

Hey after 8 goals so far tonight I'm in favor of a 4.00 GAA !!!!!!!

It's possible this was the night for Ghrame to have a good game so we could package him with Kab for 1 decent defenseman.

Oh well.

Guess hes with us for longer.

Tough to watch with Manzato, Natsuik, and Leighton all burning it up in the Minors.

I just find it funny. Grahame's done poorly this season, but there's a huge reason why the team's losing right now, and Grahame's only part of it. Ward's not doing much better.

Both goaltenders are shaky at the moment. When a team can't trust the goaltender, they play more defensively (something the Canes can't do) and get off their game.

So when it's an issue of trust, you want to bring up a complete unknown to "magically" save the day?

At least Ward can stop the puck. Grahme look more like swis cheese than a goalie. Face it, he's not NHL calibre. He's AHL at best.

So easily we forget that Grahame filled in for Ward last year quite well. Ward was injured, Grahame stepped in and got us some great wins.

I'm just going to assume this is all blind rage from tonight's game, because there's no valid points being made.

So easily we forget that Grahame filled in for Ward last year quite well. Ward was injured, Grahame stepped in and got us some great wins.

I'm just going to assume this is all blind rage from tonight's game, because there's no valid points being made.

Yeah, just venting. *I guess* :P

Grahame did look pretty pathetic tonight, but frankly, EVERYTHING and EVERYONE about this team has looked pathetic for... ohh... I don't know, the last 30 days? Ward has been pretty terrible lately too. The sucking on this team is definitely NOT limited to Grahame. Stop using him as a whipping boy and start using the whole team as a group of whipping boys, because they've all been terrible.

Leighton has done well in the AHL. No one's doubting that. In fact, throughout his career, he's done well in the AHL. He, on average, has about a 2.00 GAA in the AHL. However, in the NHL games he's played, he's got closer to a 4.00 GAA. The longest stint he's had in the NHL is 34 games, where he's won 6, lost 18 and tied 8.

There are some players who just can't transfer their skills to the NHL. Aucoin is one Albany has. Leighton's the other.

Grahame for Leighton is NOT going to happen. Forget about it.

Leighton's career GAA is 3.04. W-L is a team stat and he happened to play for the Blackhawks.

The important stat is save percentage. Leighton has played 48 NHL games with a sv% of .900. Grahame's career sv% is .898 (.867 this season).

Remember when Irbe played well? Look at what happened after that. Thats Grahme right now.

Leighton's career GAA is 3.04. His W-L record sucks, but he played on the Blackhawks.

The important stat is save percentage. Leighton has played 48 NHL games with a sv% of .900. That's decent and a heck of a lot better than Grahame's .867 this season.

I took a wild guess. Saw the 6.00 GAA and assumed it raised it higher. The fact of the matter is, JR's not going to bring up Leighton to fill in for anyone this year unless there's an injury. Especially considering Grahame's got a 1-way contract.

Grahame did look pretty pathetic tonight, but frankly, EVERYTHING and EVERYONE about this team has looked pathetic for... ohh... I don't know, the last 30 days? Ward has been pretty terrible lately too. The sucking on this team is definitely NOT limited to Grahame. Stop using him as a whipping boy and start using the whole team as a group of whipping boys, because they've all been terrible.

We understand that, but the Canes game starts with their goaltending. When its good, they're good. Look at every season, and when the goaltending was good, so were the Canes. The team was already shaky, and Grahme didn't help with two soft goals in the first 5. He stops those, its a different game.

We understand that, but the Canes game starts with their goaltending. When its good, they're good. Look at every season, and when the goaltending was good, so were the Canes. The team was already shaky, and Grahme didn't help with two soft goals in the first 5. He stops those, its a different game.

If we scored at ANY time before 5 minutes left, it's a different game. The entire team stunk tonight. Like the Washington loss of 2-0, Grahame didn't get ANY help tonight, offensively or defensively.

The options are pretty limited. Trades a difficult and the Canes really have nothing to offer. A coaching change might be an option, but whom do you put behind the bench then. We have talent. The players just have to shoulder some responsibility and play the way we and they knwo they are capable of. Our goalie situation in tenuous at best. Ward is shakey and Grahme is unreliable. To win, we have to depend on [uck controal and offense.

I gotta be honest while Grahame had some terrible plays the team in front of him was far worse. the first 2 goals came off terrible giveaways. And at some point I am sure John was looking for Peter to give him the hook and that did not happen. he may have just been far too frustrated to keep going. John Grahame is a fine NHL back up. He backed up the walll when they won the cup he backed up Wardo last year and filled in good. every goalie EVEN backups have forgettable games and John just had one.

Trade Grahame or send him to Albany, then get Leighton in his place. When the team is still playing terribly & we're still taking losses like these, who will you blame the & use as the whipping boy?

Trade Grahame or send him to Albany, then get Leighton in his place. When the team is still playing terribly & we're still taking losses like these, who will you blame the & use as the whipping boy?

Well, Tanabe WAS on the ice tonight :lol:

I gotta be honest while Grahame had some terrible plays the team in front of him was far worse. the first 2 goals came off terrible giveaways.
Hilarious if you actually believe this. The first two goals were all on Grahame. As was the fourth (third was Brind'amour/LaRose's fault). Then the team quit.