The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
IceFrog999

Grahame for Leighton

From what I hear, Grahame really showed what type of person he is last night. Not only did he have a poor performance statistically, but he showed an overall disinterest in the game and it was clear to those in attendance that he didn't want to be there. He wouldn't leave the ice when there was a delayed penalty, he wouldn't alert his fellow players when a penalty was about to end, actions of someone who doesn't seem to be much more mentally mature than guys like Babchuk. I certainly don't feel sorry for him and really couldn't care less what direction his career takes from here on out.

From what I hear, Grahame really showed what type of person he is last night. Not only did he have a poor performance statistically, but he showed an overall disinterest in the game and it was clear to those in attendance that he didn't want to be there. He wouldn't leave the ice when there was a delayed penalty, he wouldn't alert his fellow players when a penalty was about to end, actions of someone who doesn't seem to be much more mentally mature than guys like Babchuk. I certainly don't feel sorry for him and really couldn't care less what direction his career takes from here on out.

That is disturbing if its true. Where did you hear this from?

A couple of River Rats fans on another message board.

John Grahame made a couple of good saves, but he also did his best Justin Peters impersonation; getting stripped of the puck behind the net for an easy tap-in for Philadelphia. He obviously wasn't paying too much attention to the game; he never knew to get off the ice for delayed penalties and he never let his team know about penalties about to expire.

I don't like Grahame already. Not only was Philly's second goal a gift, but on the fourth goal, where we should have got some momentum, he was in absolutely awful position for that shot, almost as if he was still celebrating our tally. Grahame concerns me as based on a quote posted in another thread, it looks like he is going to be more sour grapes then actually trying to help us out.

That doesn't sound too good but Id still like to hear it from Max, since we know his opinions are usually fairly unbiased and based on facts. Not discrediting these posters on their board but we know Max.

That doesn't sound too good but Id still like to hear it from Max, since we know his opinions are usually fairly unbiased and based on facts. Not discrediting these posters on their board but we know Max.

Exactly. Fans can get rather wild in their imagination sometimes. One would tend to believe that if this were to be true the coach would have pulled him. IMO

Well....he's pretty ticked off right now. Can't say that I blame him he's being made a scape goat BUT it's still not a way to be on the ice no matter what , you still have other players counting on you. Again, I hope he gets it together or he'll be one of those goalies sent down to the minors and never heard from again....lost in the matrix

I actually have a friend that lives in Albany and was at the game last night and I asked her about what Joe posted and she verified that that is how John was acting. She's been a Rats fan for a long time and was not too happy with John's actions last night.

Max's summary.

http://www.phantomshockey.com/pressbox/gamerecaps/2117.asp''>http://www.phantomshockey.com/pressbox/gamerecaps/2117.asp' target="_blank">http://www.phantomshockey.com/pressbox/gamerecaps/2117.asp[/post]

Here is a link to the game tonight. Not very pleased with there performance tonight either. Played a tad bit better than lasnight but not by much. The first goal Grahame gave up should have never counted because he made the save and a Phantoms player ran right into him and knocked him over and laid on top of him and would not let him up the puck came lose and the Phantoms put it in and the ref let it count. The second goal was all his fault. He went behind the net to play the puck with 2 Phantoms players near him and the Phantoms player closet to him got the puck pased it out to a wide open Phantoms player and he put it into the empty net. The 3rd goal was a real soft goal he sould have had. The fourth goal was the only goal that was a nice shot that there was no chance of him getting. Just really disapointed this team is heading right now. Not reallu playing with much effort and not very much heart either. Really disapointing watching this team right now. Because I know this team is better than what thay are showing right now. :(

Unless we were at the game last night ourselves, its all speculation and assumption. Grahame is no longer with the Canes (indirectly)and not part of the current roster. Everyone has had ample time vent their frustrations and opinions about his play, and its getting very tiresome to read. We've had two threads locked on this topic and it looks like a third is heading in the same direction.

This is a warning to all that persist on criticizing and bashing Grahame: Any posts made after this one, in any thread, that clearly only serve the purpose of bashing Grahame (our discretion), will result in an automatic 2 day suspension of their account. This is just like so many other topics where people just dont know when its time to let it go. Grahame is gone, its highly unlikely he'll be back, so its time move on....

Since we now have completed the Grahame for Leighton transaction, this thread has also run its course and will be closed.

Any questions, PM me or any staff member.

Unless we were at the game last night ourselves, its all speculation and assumption. Grahame is no longer with the Canes (indirectly)and not part of the current roster. Everyone has had ample time vent their frustrations and opinions about his play, and its getting very tiresome to read. We've had two threads locked on this topic and it looks like a third is heading in the same direction.

This is a warning to all that persist on criticizing and bashing Grahame: Any posts made after this one, in any thread, that clearly only serve the purpose of bashing Grahame (our discretion), will result in an automatic 2 day suspension of their account. This is just like so many other topics where people just dont know when its time to let it go. Grahame is gone, its highly unlikely he'll be back, so its time move on....

Since we now have completed the Grahame for Leighton transaction, this thread has also run its course and will be closed.

Any questions, PM me or any staff member.