The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
IceFrog999

Grahame for Leighton

Hilarious if you actually believe this. The first two goals were all on Grahame. As was the fourth (third was Brind'amour/LaRose's fault). Then the team quit.

I'd say the first goal was half and half. The team should have cleared the puck, but Grahame should not have been so deep in the net. Second was all Grahame, and the 3rd was Brindamour's, for not holding the center in place.

I stopped watching after that, but I heared about 2 breakaways, which was the defense's fault.

That's when the team quit?? The team never began tonight.
Hard to "begin" when you are down 2-0 five minutes into the game thanks to John Grahame's uncanny ability to let unscreened, routine, low percentage shots into the net.

Hilarious if you actually believe this. The first two goals were all on Grahame. As was the fourth (third was Brind'amour/LaRose's fault). Then the team quit.

I am sorry if you disagre. You cannot play an entire period of hockey in your own end and not have give aways. Along with penalties. Etc.etc.etc. If you think it is hularious fine. I can honestly tell you I took 350 photos and I was in the Canes end for the first period. 350 photos is not a normal amount for 2 periods and that was one period. I saw what I saw you saw what you saw agree to disagree.

Lets look at the facts:

1. Grahame did terrible.

2. The Defense did terrible.

3. The offense did terrible.

There was really no positive aspects of the game, so limiting it to one player just isn't fair. I caught myself saying "Jeez, yank John now and bury him out back." But, he doesn't play forward or defence, too. I know that it is easy to put a loss on the shoulders of the goalie, but I really think that it was a team loss.

Now, that being said, Tripp made a good point on the FSN South broadcast: he said that this was the moment where the players check themselves and make adjustments. That REALLY needed to happen. And I know that hope is a bit small at the moment, but they are at the rock bottom right now, so they can only go up.

And luck is on Carolina's side, we still have a 6 point lead in the division. ;)

I'd say the first goal was half and half. The team should have cleared the puck, but Grahame should not have been so deep in the net. Second was all Grahame, and the 3rd was Brindamour's, for not holding the center in place.

I stopped watching after that, but I heared about 2 breakaways, which was the defense's fault.

I stand corrected yes it was the 1st and 3rd. goal that were terrible play in front of Grahame. I said the first 2.

Hard to "begin" when you are down 2-0 five minutes into the game thanks to John Grahame's uncanny ability to let unscreened, routine, low percentage shots into the net.

And it's hard to be a good goalie when the D is non-exsistent & the O isn't scoring on how many PP's? Takes an entire team to win a game, not one person.

To clarify myself, I don't think that Grahame's poor play cost us this game anymore than Chad LaRose's hands of stone are costing us goals. It's the coaching staff's fault for playing a terrible back-up goalie against a great offensive teams riding a hot streak, playing a 4th liner with 1 point in the last 16 games in the Top 6 and other assorted horrific personnel decisions.

Grahame simply should not have beeen in net in the first place.

To clarify myself, I don't think that Grahame's poor play cost us this game anymore than Chad LaRose's hands of stone are costing us goals. It's the coaching staff's fault for playing a terrible back-up goalie against a great offensive teams riding a hot streak, playing a 4th liner with 1 point in the last 16 games in the Top 6 and other assorted horrific personnel decisions.

Totally agree 1000%. I was shocked to see Graham in net tonight. If you want Ward to mature into a Top Flight goalie in the NHL, he has to play more!!! Tonight was Graham's 8th game?? Way to much this early in the season. And why were Adams and Hamilton scratched tonight? Both are better than Letwoski or Tanabe as a forward. Hamilton should have been up on that line, not LaRose. I like LaRose, but he can't finish!

Problem is the Sabres are not this great offensive team like last year. And they just lost against St Louis last game. The entire team sucked there is no doubt about that.

Totally agree 1000%. I was shocked to see Graham in net tonight. If you want Ward to mature into a Top Flight goalie in the NHL, he has to play more!!! Tonight was Graham's 8th game?? Way to much this early in the season. And why were Adams and Hamilton scratched tonight? Both are better than Letwoski or Tanabe as a forward. Hamilton should have been up on that line, not LaRose. I like LaRose, but he can't finish!

Hamilton was scratched because Lavi was trying to send a message. He hasn't been playing well, and he's actually become a liability on the PP

At this point an EN with 6 attackers would be better.

Leighton can't do any worse BRING HIM HERE JR!!!

Again, if you're going to say something like that, back it up with something. Just saying "Oh, it can't get any worse" is just venting

Again, if you're going to say something like that, back it up with something. Just saying "Oh, it can't get any worse" is just venting

Ummmm Leighton has 4 shutouts in the AHL and has stood on his head the nights his team lost. Grahame stands on his head once or twice a game and doesn't bounce bank when he lets in 1 or 2 or 5.

Ummmm Leighton has 4 shutouts in the AHL and has stood on his head the nights his team lost. Grahame stands on his head once or twice a game and doesn't bounce bank when he lets in 1 or 2 or 5.

The key words there "in the AHL". Aucoin had 90+ points a season in the AHL. We should call him up so he can take the scoring race from Vincent and Crosby :rolleyes:

Tonight was definitely a terrible game all around, no doubt on that one. I just have one question.....why is it when Cam has a bad night, and believe me I know he has, it's ALL his fault and he should've been there to give the team a boost and help them win but when John has a bad night like tonight, it's everyone else's fault and he's just "the whipping boy"? I really don't think that double standard is fair.

Tonight was definitely a terrible game all around, no doubt on that one. I just have one question.....why is it when Cam has a bad night, and believe me I know he has, it's ALL his fault and he should've been there to give the team a boost and help them win but when John has a bad night like tonight, it's everyone else's fault and he's just "the whipping boy"? I really don't think that double standard is fair.

Because Cam normally doesn't get blown out like this. Cam loses close games. Close games can be decided by the "one missed save" the goaltender had. Blowouts like tonight are the team's fault.

I still don't think that is fair. When Cam did horrid in that Montreal game giving up 5 goals on 15 shots, that was all his fault according to most people here. Grahame gave up 8 goals on 25 shots tonight and it's all about people just picking on him and he shouldn't have to take responsibility for his play because the Offense and Defense are at fault and not him.

I'm sure people think this is just because I'm a Cam fan but that is not the case. I think that if you're going to treat one player that way and hold him responsible when he does awful, then that same treatment should apply for the other player playing in the same position.

I still don't think that is fair. When Cam did horrid in that Montreal game giving up 5 goals on 15 shots, that was all his fault according to most people here. Grahame gave up 8 goals on 25 shots tonight and it's all about people just picking on him and he shouldn't have to take responsibility for his play because the Offense and Defense are at fault and not him.

I'm sure people think this is just because I'm a Cam fan but that is not the case. I think that if you're going to treat one player that way and hold him responsible when he does awful, then that same treatment should apply for the other player playing in the same position.

Actually, for the Montreal game, most people blamed the PK, since all 5 goals were on the PP.

When the team loses, I blame the entire team. It's not JUST the goalies, it's not JUST the O & it's not JUST the D. it's all of them combined, just like it takes the entire team to pull it together & get a win.

I agree with you 100% and that's why it's making me upset reading these posts that John had no fault in this game tonight. This was a total team losing effort.

I agree with you 100% and that's why it's making me upset reading these posts that John had no fault in this game tonight. This was a total team losing effort.

Please, point out those posts that don't blame Grahame for tonight, because I haven't seen them.

Again, I'm done arguing with you because I'm in no mood after that atrocity. I was just replying to 300's post because I agreed with what she said.