The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
IceFrog999

Grahame for Leighton

Again, I'm done arguing with you because I'm in no mood after that atrocity. I was just replying to 300's post because I agreed with what she said.

So, I point out where you were wrong, and you give up? Man, that's no fun. :rolleyes:

I agree with you 100% and that's why it's making me upset reading these posts that John had no fault in this game tonight. This was a total team losing effort.

Bud, people blame Johnny left & right for the loses, esp. tonight. I'm still waiting for the posts that blame him for a loss even when he's not playing a game. Total team loss is exactly what it was. How many PP's did we have tonight anyway, anyone keep track? Whitney finally banged one home but where was Justin, Staal, Cole, etc.? Where was or defense tonight & how many breakaway did we have go past them tonight?

So, I point out where you were wrong, and you give up? Man, that's no fun. :rolleyes:

That's not really funny actually.

She said it because its a moot point to argue about it.

If Leighton comes up here, he comes up here. Grahame doesn't step up anymore when we need him to. At this point he isn't even a #2 goalie.

That's not really funny actually.

She said it because its a moot point to argue about it.

If Leighton comes up here, he comes up here. Grahame doesn't step up anymore when we need him to. At this point he isn't even a #2 goalie.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong (because I haven't actually bothered to look it up), but Grahame's got a 1-way contract, right? So, it's not like we can send him down. We can trade him, but do you really think any team will want him after tonight's performance?

Now, correct me if I'm wrong (because I haven't actually bothered to look it up), but Grahame's got a 1-way contract, right? So, it's not like we can send him down. We can trade him, but do you really think any team will want him after tonight's performance?

Bingo, regardless of what folks want, the salary cap and rules make tis a very tough situation to remedy for JR.

Bingo, regardless of what folks want, the salary cap and rules make tis a very tough situation to remedy for JR.

You are correct on that one. Our only options are trade or waiver and if we waiver and nobody picks him up, we're stuck paying his NHL salary while he plays in the AHL. So yeah, our options right now are limited on him.

Anybody can be sent down to the minors regardless of whether they have a one-way contract or not (unless they have a no-movement clause). A one-way contract just means that Grahame will make his NHL salary in the AHL.

Anybody can be sent down to the minors regardless of whether they have a one-way contract or not (unless they have a no-movement clause). A one-way contract just means that Grahame will make his NHL salary in the AHL.

Yeah, but JR wouldn't pay his salary while Grahame plays in Albany.

I say we put Wesley in net. He's about the only one blocking shots on our team.

Someone with a sense of humor. :lol:

That sometimes is lacking in these posts.

I'm not sure Wesley has good lateral movement though. But hey, anything is worth a try. :blink:

I say we put Wesley in net. He's about the only one blocking shots on our team.

Someone with a sense of humor. :lol:

That sometimes is lacking in these posts.

I'm not sure Wesley has good lateral movement though. But hey, anything is worth a try. :blink:

Yeah I can't see JR paying him $1.4 mill to play down in Albany, that would be wasteful.

Well, whats more wasteful would be a perfectly capable back up goaltender being sent to Albany because his team refuses to play in front of him. This goes both ways.

Yeah I can't see JR paying him $1.4 mill to play down in Albany, that would be wasteful.

Well, whats more wasteful would be a perfectly capable back up goaltender being sent to Albany because his team refuses to play in front of him. This goes both ways.

I completely agree, but unfortunately it will be nearly impossible to force a team to play in front of a goalie. Can we say Kevin Weekes?? And as you can see...he is no longer playing for us.

Perhaps he can play better elsewhere where a team will show up for him

I also agree with you guys and, at this point, it's not fair to John to keep throwing him in there and having this happen and ruining his numbers and confidence. If there's another team that will play better in front of him then that would be best for everyone involved.

For the Johnny haters, sorry but you better get used to him for rest of the year. He isn't going anywhere. 1) he can't be traded b/c really no team needs him and 2) JR will NOT pay his NHL salary at the AHL level. You are stuck with him for the rest of the year so get over it.

I do agree that the 1st goal was all Johnny. If he was out of the crease just an inch or two, the puck probably wouldn't have gone in. However, the whole team was crap. Lavi knew the whole team was crap which is why he left Grahame in there. No sense in putting Cam out to the wolves and then having 2 goalies struggling with confidence issues. This way you save Cam and can get him focused for Monday night.

What is going on right now has to do with the TEAM, not who is in goal, but the TEAM. And in all honestly, I have to side with Tripp and Forslund when they say that the offense and the defense are not in sync. I have to think that the offense is not trusting the defense too much right now and its showing.

Just one thing and this is not to start a fight, but when the team does this to Cam a few more times too (which is gonna happen if the team does not learn how to play) will you guys start to talk about getting rid of him and throwing him under the bus. It goes both ways. Yes I'm a Grahame fan but it is so easy to place blame on the goalie. Beleive me, I have been going to Lightning games for years. And they have had two 6 losing game stretches this year so far. I was always taught by those I know who play hockey is that the goalie is a last line of defense. But you got to have a defense in front of them. You also need a offense that can score. Right now I don't believe it matters whos in net (and I think the Canes may have had about the same outcome tonight with Cam in (Montreal comes to mind)).

This is just my opinion as well as what everyone else is posting. Thats ALL it is. And if you don't feel the same way, well oh well. I think we need to look at this as a TEAM problem cause that is what it is. Not just ONE player.

Just one thing and this is not to start a fight, but when the team does this to Cam a few more times too (which is gonna happen if the team does not learn how to play) will you guys start to talk about getting rid of him and throwing him under the bus. It goes both ways. Yes I'm a Grahame fan but it is so easy to place blame on the goalie. Beleive me, I have been going to Lightning games for years. And they have had two 6 losing game stretches this year so far. I was always taught by those I know who play hockey is that the goalie is a last line of defense. But you got to have a defense in front of them. You also need a offense that can score. Right now I don't believe it matters whos in net (and I think the Canes may have had about the same outcome tonight with Cam in (Montreal comes to mind)).

This is just my opinion as well as what everyone else is posting. Thats ALL it is. And if you don't feel the same way, well oh well. I think we need to look at this as a TEAM problem cause that is what it is. Not just ONE player.

For the Johnny haters, sorry but you better get used to him for rest of the year. He isn't going anywhere. 1) he can't be traded b/c really no team needs him and 2) JR will NOT pay his NHL salary at the AHL level. You are stuck with him for the rest of the year so get over it.

I do agree that the 1st goal was all Johnny. If he was out of the crease just an inch or two, the puck probably wouldn't have gone in. However, the whole team was crap. Lavi knew the whole team was crap which is why he left Grahame in there. No sense in putting Cam out to the wolves and then having 2 goalies struggling with confidence issues. This way you save Cam and can get him focused for Monday night.

What is going on right now has to do with the TEAM, not who is in goal, but the TEAM. And in all honestly, I have to side with Tripp and Forslund when they say that the offense and the defense are not in sync. I have to think that the offense is not trusting the defense too much right now and its showing.

Great post. I totally agree with you.

Great post. I totally agree with you.

I think you're right on with that comment. I started ignoring all the talk about them not trying, Lavi or Brindy can't motivate them or they simply gave up trying to come back from a deficit. I see them hustling almost every night, and though sometimes they look worn out some, they are trying. What I don't see of late is good timing and good chemistry between the offense and defense and a lot of frustration as a result. Last year we blamed Belanger and the team not liking to play in front of Cracker. And this year? To me, our play right now is reminiscent of our little freefall last year when we hit the road and got taken appart by the Rangers and Islanders. It was all downhill from there.

Since you have your finger on the pulse of the team ice frog, why don't you tell me what we need to do to spark the team right now. Thank God we are in the southeast, because we would be dropping like a rock in most other divisions. I hate to say it but 47 could be the death of Lavi. I really hope not, but we have been in a one month tail spin and Lavi seems to be unable to get us out. Do you think it needs to be a player trade or the coach? One or the other will happen soon because we are too talented for this to continue.