The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
IceFrog999

Grahame for Leighton

I was wondering what people thought of Wards outing last night. Should he be gotten rid of also now?

no, with this bunch on the board they will be the first to tell you it was still Grahame's fault for not opening the gate correctly which affected Cam's play.

I say it is Stormy's fault.

damn evil pig.

Look.....if you make any goalie changes at this point you destroy confidence even more that the goalies may already be lacking.

Barrasso coming to focus exclusively on the two goalies is exactly what they need. Let's see what he can change before we hang our goalies out to dry completely.

I say it is Stormy's fault.

damn evil pig.

Look.....if you make any goalie changes at this point you destroy confidence even more that the goalies may already be lacking.

Barrasso coming to focus exclusively on the two goalies is exactly what they need. Let's see what he can change before we hang our goalies out to dry completely.

actually, if you look at it, and have followed closely Cam's performance, Barrasso coming into the picture is timed exactly with the downturn in Cam's play

When someone tells you how to fix a problem in your golf game, it is very hard to get used to at first. Eventually once you have the rhythem down, your consistency goes back up.

Noone is an instant miracle worker nor is anyone an instant miracle provider.

I was wondering what people thought of Wards outing last night. Should he be gotten rid of also now?

Here is the difference. Wardo is our #1 AND he has at least won the majority of his games.

This was never about calling for a goalie's head because he had a bad game. It's about the fact that we have the backup with the 2nd highest salary and we can't rely on him to make the saves even when the defense is playing below par.

When someone tells you how to fix a problem in your golf game, it is very hard to get used to at first. Eventually once you have the rhythem down, your consistency goes back up.

Noone is an instant miracle worker nor is anyone an instant miracle provider.

if you are referring to my insinuation that in fact Barrasso's input may be the problem with Cam's performance - you make a good point, but I have to ask - how long does/should that adjustment take? Sorry, but I think some aspects of the game cannot be played the way they used to be, and goaltending is where that is most readily evident... there are no more stand-up goalies, because? they don't work in todays game.

While I understand what you're saying, Barrasso has only been here since Monday at the earliest. Before that, he only worked with the AHL goalies and Stefan did all the goaltending duties up here with Cam and Grahame. I don't know for certain but I would say it takes more than a couple of days to adjust to a new system if that is in fact what Barrasso is doing.

Here is the difference. Wardo is our #1 AND he has at least won the majority of his games.

This was never about calling for a goalie's head because he had a bad game. It's about the fact that we have the backup with the 2nd highest salary and we can't rely on him to make the saves even when the defense is playing below par.

Yep and apparently cant rely on Ward either and he gets paid more than Grahame. Heres an idea lets call up the Albany Goalies at least they are cheaper :rolleyes:

Yep and apparently cant rely on Ward either and he gets paid more than Grahame. Heres an idea lets call up the Albany Goalies at least they are cheaper :rolleyes:

Ward is our #1 though. And he has won well over half of his games.

Not to mention the fact that Lavi said he thought Ward didn't play terribly.

Lavi said he thought Ward didn't play terribly.

Didn't play TERRIBLY... which means he didn't play good, just not terribly.

As for the Grahame for Leighton thing... I don't think that should ever happen. If anything will happen to Grahame, he will be traded. But I don't think that will happen soon either. I think (sorry Cam lovers) that CAM should go down for Leighton, if anyone. Last night's game? 6-0... tell you anything about the goalie? I do blame the whole team for last nights loss... but if the goalie can't stop the shot then no one can.

As for the Grahame for Leighton thing... I don't think that should ever happen. If anything will happen to Grahame, he will be traded. But I don't think that will happen soon either. I think (sorry Cam lovers) that CAM should go down for Leighton, if anyone. Last night's game? 6-0... tell you anything about the goalie? I do blame the whole team for last nights loss... but if the goalie can't stop the shot then no one can.

:lol: You DO realize it is not April Fools today right??

If you are thinking Leighton and Grahame could carry us this season...well...it ain't gonna happen. Ever.

I like Leights and I know he could not carry this team.

Ummm, ok so John letting in 8 goals in that Buffalo game is "not his fault and he's still a good goalie" and Cam lets in 6 last night and "tell you something about the goalie?" is your response and he should be demoted and Grahame and Leighton should carry this team?

Why is it Cam should always stop the shots but John doesn't have to? Don't BOTH goalies have the same requirements for their jobs?

Ward is our #1 though. And he has won well over half of his games.

Not to mention the fact that Lavi said he thought Ward didn't play terribly.

JG- 8 games played, 29 goals against, .867 S% In 36 games as a Hurricane, he has alowwed 101 goals...that's 2.9 per game.

Not saying Ward is god but Grahame still makes me nervous every time I see him beteen the pipes.

if you are referring to my insinuation that in fact Barrasso's input may be the problem with Cam's performance - you make a good point, but I have to ask - how long does/should that adjustment take? Sorry, but I think some aspects of the game cannot be played the way they used to be, and goaltending is where that is most readily evident... there are no more stand-up goalies, because? they don't work in todays game.

I saw Barrasso working extensively with Grahame at practice today. Does it look like it's helping? Tough to tell. He did make progress as the practice went on. Grahame needs a good game to boost his confidence, that's a big step. I think asking the coach if he's ready for an all-star performance is setting yourself up for failure. Having an all-star performance and proving to fans he can still play, speaks volumes. The coaches will see it. I think he should play angry.

I saw Barrasso working extensively with Grahame at practice today. Does it look like it's helping? Tough to tell. He did make progress as the practice went on. Grahame needs a good game to boost his confidence, that's a big step. I think asking the coach if he's ready for an all-star performance is setting yourself up for failure. Having an all-star performance and proving to fans he can still play, speaks volumes. The coaches will see it. I think he should play angry.

I expect to see him against Calgary. They're a Western Conference team, meaning a loss won't hurt as badly. Plus, they're not very good this year. And with Philly the next day, you gotta save Cam for that.

I expect to see him against Calgary. They're a Western Conference team, meaning a loss won't hurt as badly. Plus, they're not very good this year. And with Philly the next day, you gotta save Cam for that.

Here was my thought on this....Cam hasn't done really well against the Flyers thus far, should we play Grahame against them maybe try and see if he fairs better?

Here was my thought on this....Cam hasn't done really well against the Flyers thus far, should we play Grahame against them maybe try and see if he fairs better?

Well, if we want a confidence game for Grahame, putting him against a really good Philly team while the Canes are struggling isn't the best idea.

Ok, I'm sorry but you have to be kidding me. Send Cam down(he'll probably clear waivers.) because him giving up 6 goals tells you something about him.....well then, like KOTC said, what does 8 goals Grahame gave up tell you about him? Goalies will have bad games, it is not reasonable to expect a win every single game, and we are in a slump. Grahame is a capable goalie but is streaky, if Cam gets hurt, I would rather have Grahame in net than Leighton. I love Leighton, but I still don't see him in NHL again until next year if they feel he is read to be the back up.

Ok, I'm sorry but you have to be kidding me. Send Cam down(he'll probably clear waivers.) because him giving up 6 goals tells you something about him.....well then, like KOTC said, what does 8 goals Grahame gave up tell you about him? Goalies will have bad games, it is not reasonable to expect a win every single game, and we are in a slump. Grahame is a capable goalie but is streaky, if Cam gets hurt, I would rather have Grahame in net than Leighton. I love Leighton, but I still don't see him in NHL again until next year if they feel he is read to be the back up.

I feel the same about John. I dont feel that him playing mostly at away games helps his mindset any either. Ok, Im gonna take you to the dance but I can't take you home to mama!

I feel the same about John. I dont feel that him playing mostly at away games helps his mindset any either. Ok, Im gonna take you to the dance but I can't take you home to mama!

Maybe they are scared of what the fans will do if he pulls another Buffalo when he is at home.

Also, I was just quickly skimming through the game from last night. And Forslund addressed this whole issue. He was saying that Lavi may have wanted to pull Cam because of how shaky Cam looked and that after John's last outing that Ottawa is not a team you really want to put John up against. :mellow:

Maybe they are scared of what the fans will do if he pulls another Buffalo when he is at home.

Also, I was just quickly skimming through the game from last night. And Forslund addressed this whole issue. He was saying that Lavi may have wanted to pull Cam because of how shaky Cam looked and that after John's last outing that Ottawa is not a team you really want to put John up against. :mellow:

Your right. Im glad it wasnt him last night. I think if it was fans would have been screaming off with his head! IMO maybe us fans saw that its a team problem and not a position problem.

Your right. Im glad it wasnt him last night. I think if it was fans would have been screaming off with his head! IMO maybe us fans saw that its a team problem and not a position problem.

Wait wait wait...I am not saying I am glad he didn't have to face that. I think you misunderstood me....I am just saying that Forslund pointed out there isn't a whole lot of confidence in JG right now.

Wait wait wait...I am not saying I am glad he didn't have to face that. I think you misunderstood me....I am just saying that Forslund pointed out there isn't a whole lot of confidence in JG right now.

Nonetheless, that game did show that the problem lies well beyond Grahame, which is what I've been saying for the last 11 pages. Grahame's an average goalie, and when the team does it's job in front of him, he can win games. However, as with last night, when there's no defense to back you up, you're letting in goals. And when the offense isn't doing their job, those goals become all the more important.

Calgary is far from what I would call an offensive powerhouse. So you could make the arguement to play Crackers. ON the other hand, the Flames are used to far better defense night in night out then we will throw at them. I'd go Ward vs the Flames with Walker out, and Crackers vs the Flyers.

My 2-cents