The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac-97

Canes seek help on defense

What ever happened to that Jack Johnson fellow? I thought he was supposed to be good. Probably needs a little seasoning in the minors, but he could really carry our defense soon, eh? And, best part, he's really young and if he doesn't work out we can get a lot for him in trade!

Oh. Crap.

If Liles will become a free agent, I wouldn't mind holding onto draft picks or any prospects remaining and go after him during the offseason, cause I'm not sure how much contention we are in the way we have looked the past month. We got destroyed by Ottawa at home with a full, healthy lineup. I'd wait until we play them or New Jersey to see where we stack up these days.

I mean making the playoffs is obviously important to the canes, but its no fun making it there and trading for all these rental players just to get killed in the first round.

The Liles trade would make more sense if J.R. would be willing to negotiate a contract with him before the season is over, but if Stillman can't get a new contract yet, guess its not happening.

What ever happened to that Jack Johnson fellow? I thought he was supposed to be good. Probably needs a little seasoning in the minors, but he could really carry our defense soon, eh? And, best part, he's really young and if he doesn't work out we can get a lot for him in trade!

Oh. Crap.

I"ve watched Jack on TV. Anyone else that has would also be glad we arent relying on Jack right now. It's way too early to know if Jack will live up to his billing. And from the games I've watched of the Kings I have no doubt we would be at least 5 games worse off if we didnt have Tim Gleason and had to rely on Jack instead.

Casey Borer currently has about 33% of the total points Jack Johnson has.

Borer has played in 2 games.

Jack has played in about 40 averaging probably 14+ minutes with the Kings.

JJ has great potential, but until he shows it I wont lose to much sleep over him calling California home.

Oh. Crap.

Yeah, you need to be really careful around here mentioning Johnson....thems fightin' words! :angry:

I'm surprised no one has gone off about how the JJ issue has been beaten to death already. :lol:

I"ve watched Jack on TV. Anyone else that has would also be glad we arent relying on Jack right now. It's way too early to know if Jack will live up to his billing. And from the games I've watched of the Kings I have no doubt we would be at least 5 games worse off if we didnt have Tim Gleason and had to rely on Jack instead.

Casey Borer currently has about 33% of the total points Jack Johnson has.

Borer has played in 2 games.

Jack has played in about 40 averaging probably 14+ minutes with the Kings.

JJ has great potential, but until he shows it I wont lose to much sleep over him calling California home.

I've seen him too and he seems more interested in making the big hit than focusing on his positional play. I'm not saying he is a bust but he isn't the immediate impact player many predicted even allowing for the fact he doesn't play for a good team. He isn't to the point where he would have contributed much here this season.

I actually am intrigued by where our defense is now. Borer, Comoodore, Gleason, Wesley, Kaberle and Seidenburg have been playing well together lately. Wallin is coming back soon so one of them has to go, but I hope that Hedican will stay out for a while. Kaberle is the weakest link we have on that defense right now, but he has been pretty good on the PP the last few games so I hope to see him gain his confidence again and reclaim his form from '06.