The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
trobbins69

What is Canes biggest concern

Oh wow this thread can go so many different ways. But I still think goaltending is the biggest issue. Chemistry is lacking and the Staal/Cole/Whitney line is he only one doing anything. Thats due to lots of injuries though.

Thats all I'm going to say but expect some long responses. Stuff we've been over and over again.

For right now, their health.

And yes, I believe we have several threads discussing this, but welcome to the board.

And yes, I believe we have several threads discussing this, but welcome to the board.

Offense. We need to score. Their goalie could be really bad, and we can't score enough points on them. We get good chances, we just take them for granted.

TSA is right. We need to save our health or else we can make it to the playoffs and have no one able to play. Then again, if we can't shoot... it would still be like no one is able to play. ;)

I think that the Canes biggest concern is defense. Yeah, acquiring Samsonav might help some for the moment, but when are we going to get some good, quality defense? I know that I don't have to recount all of the injuries we have right now - but I agree that you can't let the opposing team camp out at your net. I don't know, and I'm no expert by a long shot, but I think that shoring up our defense would go a long, long way.

I also see that the Canes don't seem to be playing as a team - no chemistry - so how does that happen, anyway? After watching them win the cup, and seeing how they played then, it is a huge difference to see them play right now. It's disappointing, to say the least.

But, of course, I still love 'em. I just hope to see some major changes soon, before we end up like we did last season.

GO CANES!

Ah you beat me to it. Aside from that I pretty much agree with what you're saying Trobbins. However right now I think its more of an Offense thing. As you can see we had 1 GA vs STL but couldnt rack up any goals. Against ATL we had 3 GA but we managed to score that game. Hopefully we can finish tonight with a few more goals.

It's not allways GOALS, but obviously you need some. It's team attitude and emotion. It's a more mental game then most think. As for Goaltending, it's not always the Goalies fault, you can't keep "Hanging him out to dry". Yes, I know even when the "D" is playing strong, we have surrendered easy ones. Especially when they have a player screening in front without Paying the Price. Injuries will go down now with Brookbank onboard, we need a "Enforcer" to keep the other team honest. They have been taking cheap (but legal) shots. Get a tough, big , ice cleaning defenseman. We have talent enough everywhere else.