The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Red_Storm

Cullen's Status

Sounds like someone upstairs or some little guy with a pot o' gold is looking out for him, except for the whole *huge hit* part.

He almost definitely lost consciousness before hitting the ice. My guess is the hit was enough to knock him out briefly without concussing him, and the landing on the ice is probably what broke his nose.

As silly as it sounds, I think he's a little lucky/blessed it wasn't worse. Silly because the same luck didn't prevent the hit. Whatever.. glad he's 'ok' !!!

I read the News and Disturber this morning and can't figure out why they'll just throw a face shield on Ladd and not Cullen. He needs to get his *edit* out there and earn his pay check.

I know there is probably be someone who will defend him and get all ticked off about this...blah blah blah. There can not be much difference between a broken eye socket and a broken nose. Maybe he's just a lot prettier than Ladd.

I read the News and Disturber this morning and can't figure out why they'll just throw a face shield on Ladd and not Cullen. He needs to get his *edit* out there and earn his pay check.

I know there is probably be someone who will defend him and get all ticked off about this...blah blah blah. There can not be much difference between a broken eye socket and a broken nose. Maybe he's just a lot prettier than Ladd.

Im gonna guess it has more to do with wooziness Chuck Kaiton said he was still feeling from the hit. I still think he must have had a mild concussion and they're just not fessing up.... but Im not the team doctor.

Im gonna guess it has more to do with wooziness Chuck Kaiton said he was still feeling from the hit. I still think he must have had a mild concussion and they're just not fessing up.... but Im not the team doctor.

I am glad you are not a GM!! You would run the team in the ground and no one would want to play here!! Don't you think the coaches and team doctor know a little more than the N&O or do you believe everything they print!

Cullen played with a broken jaw a couple of years ago so it's not a matter of toughness. If it was only a broken nose, he'd be back. But if you don't have your wits about you because of a hit, how effective can you be?

cullen wants to play but lavi wont let him yet!

Yep he went down like a ton of bricks. If you have ever been cold cocked you know what it's like, light out for a split second and your on the grownd.

What I am hearing is he want to get out there on the ice every play. Got to be cleared by the Dr's...

From Lord Stanley's Blog:

"Cullen suffered a broken nose Wednesday in the Canes' 4-2 loss at the New York Rangers after an open-ice hit from Colton Orr. The injury briefly knocked out Cullen, but he didn

I laugh at anyone who says Cullen needs to go out there and earn his paycheck...He's the last person I'd call out right now to go out there and earn his salary.

Anyways, I'm sure he wants to play, the concussion issue is weird though, seems like they are hiding something, if he doesn't have a concussion they've been playing it really safe with him.

Yeah because leading the team in assists and 2nd in overall points isn't enough to "earn his pay check." Cullen has MORE than earned his pay check. If you're gonna go by pay checks and production, then Cole, Williams, Brindy, and Staal need to "get their *edit*(s) out there" and earn THEIR pay checks. Oh, but wait. Williams is out for the season, Cole has missed plenty of games, and Brindy and Staal ARE producing, just not like Cullen has been. So by your logic, Williams needs to get HIS *edit* out there and earn his paycheck too. Get real. I agree with caniac97 100%, glad you are not GM because noone would want to play for you.

Looks like they are now saying he has a concussion. Saw this while reading David Droschaks mid season review on the canes website:

7. Matt Cullen: A big cheer went up amongst Carolina Hurricanes

Looks like they are now saying he has a concussion. Saw this while reading David Droschaks mid season review on the canes website:

i thought it was quite obvious that he had a aconcussion. i dont know why they let him play that game to risk something serious happening. hope he gets back out there soon we miss him alot!

Whatever his condition I hope he gets over it quickly. He adds a great dimension to the team. I enjoy watching the man play.

lol "gets over it"......

with a concussion, even after you "get over it", you ahve to pass a test that you took at the beginning of the season and score at least as good as you did at the beginning of the season, and you have to sit out twice as long as it took your symptoms to go away, or so I have been told.

So how long is he probably gonna be out for, a month?

Kinda sucks for him from a personal standpoint. He was gonna shatter his career high in points by at least 20 points, probably more, and it might get rid of that label for critics thinking he's no better than a 3rd line talent in the NHL.

Anyone know when we may start seeing some of the guys like Cullen, Walker, Whitney back? As bad as our D and goaltending has been we need to see that scoring punch from lines 1-3 again.

Cullen and Walker were both skating today in practice, although in the no-contact jerseys.

Whit was out there flying around as well, and I bet he will be back against the Leafs. Really though, all three looked good.