The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
EastNC-Caniac

Question about Skate w/ the Canes

Never been before, this will be my first year, but I do know that you can bring anything you want to have autographed. I have no idea what the item is, but I've got some 8x10 pics that I'm bringing to get autographed.

What group are you in?

Never been before, this will be my first year, but I do know that you can bring anything you want to have autographed. I have no idea what the item is, but I've got some 8x10 pics that I'm bringing to get autographed.

What group are you in?

We are in the Green Goalie Group.

For those of you who are going, or have been before.......

In the info we received with our tickets, it says when we arrive we will be given an "item suitable for collecting autographs" Does anyone know what this item might be, or what it has been in the past? Also, is this the only item we can get autographed?

Last year they gave everyone like a 16x20 size poster to get signed so they'll probably do that again. My family and I are in the Green Goalie group also. We were in that same group last year and and our first session was the on the ice portion. That was really cool because we had a few minutes extra to get on our skates and make a few laps around before the players came out. We all had an amazing time and I'm really looking forward to going back this year as well. Hope you have a great time!

If I remember correctly they gave out foam fingers the year they won the cup. We brought our own things to have autographed and it was a great experience. My son was 7 at the time and had a great time interacting with the players and most of them were really cool especially Whitney and Williams. My son fell while skating on the ice when he was approaching Whitney and Whitney joked with him about it saying he used to end up on his butt on a daily basis but to keep with it.

Yeah, I'll be the one in the green group falling down on the ice, seeing as how I've only been on ice skates TWICE in my life. And the last time was about 4 years ago. Scary, I know. :blink: I'm hoping to get a practice session in somewhere else before the event. I'd hate to injure any of our players, and with the luck we have had lately it's very possible!!

Yeah, I'll be the one in the green group falling down on the ice, seeing as how I've only been on ice skates TWICE in my life. And the last time was about 4 years ago. Scary, I know. :blink: I'm hoping to get a practice session in somewhere else before the event. I'd hate to injure any of our players, and with the luck we have had lately it's very possible!!

Haha. That was my fear last year as well. It was my second time being on ice skates too. You kind of get the hang of it after a few minutes. I'm not going to lie I fell a couple times but thankfully that was before any of the players had came out there. Just remember if you start to fall don't take any of the players down with you.

You do not have to wear skates if you don't want to. Last year I wore my crocs on the ice, it was nice to just walk around on the ice and talk to the players and not be worried about falling down. I actually had more time to spend with players.

I'm not even going to attempt skating. I've done it a couple times but I'm not about to embarrass myself. Especially since I'm taking my nephew and he can skate circles around me. He'll be the one flying around the ice showing off, I'll be the one walking around.

You do not have to wear skates if you don't want to. Last year I wore my crocs on the ice, it was nice to just walk around on the ice and talk to the players and not be worried about falling down. I actually had more time to spend with players.

yeah im not skating..just wearing my Uggs

i get to skate on the RBC ice a couple times a year, so its not a new thing, haha

and id rather not embarrass myself infront of the players :)

Went last year and it was tons of fun! Walking on the ice is a lot easier than many of you think - it's not slippery at all. It was tons of fun walking around and taking the tour. Sure wish I could do it this year, but it's ok! Everyone going I hope y'all fun!!!

Last year they passed out small panoramic posters of the RBC taken during the Cup run. It is still wrapped up with all the other posters waiting to make an appearance once we have our "sports room"

During the Kids Club closed practice last week they passed out a nice poster with Justin, Cole, Ray amd Cam on it. One will be in my wife's classroom where she teaches!

last year we had brought some things to be autographed. We used the poster they gave out and then framed it and it looks great. i also had Cam sign my jersey during the photo session when they tell you not to ask for autographs :lol: Cam was very nice about it though

i was in green goalie group last year and again this year. first on the ice again! that worked out great with the extra time to lace up and get to skate on fresh ice.

here is the best pic i can find of my poster signed and framed

Can anyone expand on their Skate with the Canes experience?

1) More detail on all 3 parts?

2) Will I get all of the Hurricanes autographs?

3) Can you sneak autographs during the non-auto sessions?

4) How do they split up the players? Do they rotate or what?

I'm in the blue line group! Thanks!

Can anyone expand on their Skate with the Canes experience?

1) More detail on all 3 parts?

2) Will I get all of the Hurricanes autographs?

3) Can you sneak autographs during the non-auto sessions?

4) How do they split up the players? Do they rotate or what?

I'm in the blue line group! Thanks!

1) The on ice session is the only one you get to really interact with the players much. The other ones last year you were pretty much hurried through to keep the line moving. You just have to hope to get lucky that the players you really want to talk to are in your on ice session. Then again, they are all great to talk to so we had a blast. Even when they are rushing you through, you can still pause and ask them a question and talk in the other areas. As far as previous comments about being on the ice, they are dead on. It was not slick at all in tennis shoes. Most people did not have skates.

The 3 sessions last year were 1. tables with players sitting there where you just walk by and hand them your stuff to sign. 2. On ice. The players just hang out on the ice and you have to form individual lines sometimes depending on the player. Staal always had a line. We got to talk to several guys for a few minutes though, so you just have to wait for a line to clear out. 3. They had set up a "locker room" up behind the 100 level seats and you got to sit down on the benches with a few of the players and take pictures. I'm sitting beside Brindy and the wife is sitting with Hedican. SWEET. Some of the other guys were standing beside a banner and you could get photos there too. I think the only session we didn't get any pictures was where they were sitting down and signing, but you could take them there.

2 and 3) They allowed autographs in 2 of the 3 sessions last year, but the one they "didn't" for us happened to have Brindy, who's jersey I brought to get autographed. So, I ended up getting everyone in that session to also autograph his jersey too. I don't think the staff was that happy about it, but the players were great and didn't hesitate. The main thing we had going for us on that was we went through the locker room quickly since we'd seen it before, and we were about the first ones in line. If you were in line later, they may not let you.

4.) Yeah, the players all rotate around as do the fans so you get to see everyone, just not in the same place. For that reason, you have a good chance of getting hosed on trying to get certain autographs.

Have fun, it was a great memory for us.

1) The on ice session is the only one you get to really interact with the players much. The other ones last year you were pretty much hurried through to keep the line moving. You just have to hope to get lucky that the players you really want to talk to are in your on ice session. Then again, they are all great to talk to so we had a blast. Even when they are rushing you through, you can still pause and ask them a question and talk in the other areas. As far as previous comments about being on the ice, they are dead on. It was not slick at all in tennis shoes. Most people did not have skates.

The 3 sessions last year were 1. tables with players sitting there where you just walk by and hand them your stuff to sign. 2. On ice. The players just hang out on the ice and you have to form individual lines sometimes depending on the player. Staal always had a line. We got to talk to several guys for a few minutes though, so you just have to wait for a line to clear out. 3. They had set up a "locker room" up behind the 100 level seats and you got to sit down on the benches with a few of the players and take pictures. I'm sitting beside Brindy and the wife is sitting with Hedican. SWEET. Some of the other guys were standing beside a banner and you could get photos there too. I think the only session we didn't get any pictures was where they were sitting down and signing, but you could take them there.

2 and 3) They allowed autographs in 2 of the 3 sessions last year, but the one they "didn't" for us happened to have Brindy, who's jersey I brought to get autographed. So, I ended up getting everyone in that session to also autograph his jersey too. I don't think the staff was that happy about it, but the players were great and didn't hesitate. The main thing we had going for us on that was we went through the locker room quickly since we'd seen it before, and we were about the first ones in line. If you were in line later, they may not let you.

4.) Yeah, the players all rotate around as do the fans so you get to see everyone, just not in the same place. For that reason, you have a good chance of getting hosed on trying to get certain autographs.

Have fun, it was a great memory for us.

It sounds like we were in the same group and yes it was a great memory for us as well. To me it's the greatest fan based program they have going. They should do it twice a year instead of once of year with the sellout and so many fans not being able to get tickets.

Our 1st phase was the autograph area where some of the Canes were at the tables and I was so excited to be there and to just see them sitting there that Stillman was my 1st player and I just looked at him and said "I am so excited to be here I can't breath", he smiled and looked at me and said "BREATH BREATH" and have a great time today" and then signed my poster (is it just me or has he grown some hair since then?)

We enjoyed just walking around the ice and talking to players more than skating (except my 15 yr old skated), Staal's line was too long to get into. Hutchinson and Tannabe were the nicest and very personable players to talk with to me. Going into the offical locker room was awesome but I was shocked at how small it was compared to what it looks like on TV. To realize that is where they celebrated together after winning the SC was awesome.

When I was in line to sit beside Brindy for the locker room pic, I was bragging to my family and people in line about how I was going to flirt and rub Brindy's leg when I sat down, but when it was my turn and I was that close to him, I caved and was so nervous that I could not even look at him, could not breath, did not speak to him and just jumped up after my picture and walked away very fast---I'm all talk.

I hope everybody's memories will be as great as ours were.

BTW you all tell Whitney how much we miss his skate-bys with Tripp and to start doing them again! :rolleyes:

My 15 yr old son is a junior fireman and we will be going to the game pulling for the Leatherheads-firemen (his uncle is a police officer so if they win that will be cool too). We went last year and it was great and for a great cause. Justin Williams is the coach for the badge team, I don't know who is for the leatherheads. Last year Cole, Williams, LaRose and one more player were the coaches. Forslund and Tripp were there as announcers.