The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
EastNC-Caniac

Question about Skate w/ the Canes

Yes it was, the only autograph's i didn't get were the guys at the Photo Op. The funny moment for me was when cupcrazy asked Brindy where she should sit and he said "where ever you want" and she plopped down on his lap!! I took a few of those if you want them!!

I saw that. I died laughing. So now I know who cupcrazy is.

I bet her husband "benefited" from that tonight!! Made her day and her daughter got to skate with Staal. I have a Toshiba laptop with a custom Canes skin on it which is now loaded with autographs!! The coaches and players thought the laptop was awesome, will post pics tomorrow.

haha yeah that was my mom

it was soooo embarrassing... I sat down next to Cam, and was about to cry, haha

Cam goes "shes not embarassing, is she?" and i said "oh my gosh!" and he goes "its okay, dont worry"

:rolleyes:

Cam goes "shes not embarassing, is she?" and i said "oh my gosh!" and he goes "its okay, dont worry"

she was just having fun!! Let her be.

had a great time this year. Was in the green goalie group. i thought last year was more relaxed though. I was also in green goalie group last year and was first on the ice last year too, and last year they let us down about 15 minutes early to get laced up and to skate before the players came out. Also we were able to take our time going through the locker room and during the photo session i was able to get Cam to sign my jersey. At the autograph session last year they allowed photographs but not this year :(

all the guys were very nice.

Bret is the nicest guy i have ever met! when we were walking through the locker room he was getting his skates on and looked up and we said hey Bret, and he said hey guys! how are you doing? then in the autograph line he was thanking everyone for coming & asked us if we were having a good time and how were we doing. Gleason kept skating around and it was hard to get his autograph but when we stopped him he shook our hand and asked our names and chatted with us. overall another great experience and we'll definitly do it again next year for the 3rd year in a row.

Did you have fun skating with Staal? Bet you were glad you got the skate part with him.

Oh and it was nice seeing all the guys having a great time. I thought they might be in a little bad mood from the game last night, but they all seemed happy to be there and looked to be enjoying themselves.

Here's some of my pics from yesterday. I'm in black with red gloves and the other two beauties are my sisters.

I can't believe Samsonov is 5'8. I' only 5'5. He must have been slouching or something.

Again it was a BLAST!!! The guys were great!

6wr4sxx.jpg81hh3s7.jpg

7wfaump.jpg71fn685.jpg

89jw7th.jpg7yeiw3p.jpg

6l9s4ys.jpg6ydweg4.jpg

Great pictures everyone! I am so sad I didn't get to go. I will go next year, whatever it takes ;)

I can't believe Samsonov is 5'8. I' only 5'5. He must have been slouching or something.

I am pretty sure the heights listed are not always true. Like Aucoin is listed as 5'9, but I stood next to him the other night and there was no way he was taller than I was and I am definitely not 5'9

What a fun day. My hubby a bit miffed that I got all giddy, but I assured him later that night that he is my main squeeze.

I tried to get all the player's on the Cup team to sign my Game 7 roster card. I have a few more to go. Then, it gets framed along with the Game 7 ticket.

LaRose was a hoot!!

I am pretty sure the heights listed are not always true. Like Aucoin is listed as 5'9, but I stood next to him the other night and there was no way he was taller than I was and I am definitely not 5'9

That's often true of athletes, it seems, is that they are listed "bigger" than they really are.

Really, I'm 6'3". Probably a little under even. There are only a few that are listed around my height or taller. Yet when I've gone to practices I've towered over most of the Canes I've been gotten autographs from. Only Commodore stands out as being taller than me of those I met, and didn't feel much taller at all at that. Granted I missed a few, so there could be one or two like Staal who is supposed to be taller that is, but for the most part when I look at the heights on the roster I tend to chuckle to myself.

Oh, and haven't gotten to meet Whitney, but standing next to LaRose was really funny. :lol:

Thanks everyone for sharing the pics, too. Always great to see pics from events like this one.

What a fun day. My hubby a bit miffed that I got all giddy, but I assured him later that night that he is my main squeeze.

I tried to get all the player's on the Cup team to sign my Game 7 roster card. I have a few more to go. Then, it gets framed along with the Game 7 ticket.

LaRose was a hoot!!

Yeah, my hubby wasn't there, but he probably would have been rolling his eyes a little at me :D He would've been a little upset too when I had a couple of players asking me to sit on their laps :blink:

LaRose was a hoot!!

I came home and immediatly showed by boyfriend that Gleason signed the photo I had of him and he was like "oh goody he signed it" and rolled his eyes. I think its too funny. :lol: