The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
EastNC-Caniac

Question about Skate w/ the Canes

My daughter and I went and had an amazing time. The best part was the skate time. It was nice to get to take pictures with the guys in the "locker room" and get signatures, but we felt like we were rushed through those parts. The skate time was very relaxed. The players we had were very approachable and seemed to enjoy being there. Too bad they can't do these more than once and year so more people could go. I think any more people in the groups and it would have been too crowded. The amount of people that were allowed to buy tickets were just right. Can't wait until next year when we will definitely do it again!

I forgot to add - Chad was a hoot - I know people keep saying that, but until you see it in person, you just don't understand it! He stayed and coached the charity hockey game afterwards and he was just as funny. After seeing him in person, I understand some of the comments the other players have made on "ask the canes".

enough to make you forget about your mom and Brindy?? LOL

*sniff sniff* Is that the foul stench of scandal in the air i smell??? :lol::lol::P just kidding... ;) Sounds like everyone had a blast...wish i could have gone but...oh well...thats why they have open practices i guess...

My daughter and I helped out with the skates. We were right by where the players get out to go to their cars. And who was to walk by - none other than "Staaly". My daughter called out "Bye Eric!" and waved, he turned around and waved back at her. She had tunnel visioned him all morning, and that just made her day. Now all she needs is great big hug!:D

I hope everybody had a good time, my daughter sure did!

We were in the Red Line group and had a completely awesome time. I thought the event was well-organized and things went off without a hiccup.

Speaking of LaRose. He was in our group during the skate portion. There was a lady in a wheelchair/scooter who had pulled next to the opening where you get onto the ice. Chad was talking with her from the minute she got down there, and he spent quite alot of time with her. He walked away briefly and came back from the locker room with a stick, and gave it to her. We were too far away to hear exactly what was being said, but it was an incredibly classy and thoughtful thing for him to do.

Then when he was out on the ice, he was his usual wacky goofball self. We really enjoyed seeing the kinder, gentler side of him too. The rest of the guys throughout the afternoon were completely approachable and seemed happy to be there. Hedican was so friendly to my daughter, and Staal, Commodore and Cole each took the time to talk with my 7yr old son.

Hats off to the organization as a whole, it was a top-notch event.

you were behind me in line!!

AAAHHH I'm so jealous of your picture with Seidenberg :P We had him for the autograph session. That was one of my goals to get a pic with him! Oh well, I got to give Cole a hug!

So which one is Caniac97? I moved around so much i'm not sure which one of you said you were in line in front of me?

As far as Seidenburg..... I made such a mistake by not getting a hug from Brindy/Cam/Cullen because of my mission to meet Hedican........ i decided to get HUGS first with the other picture. I hugged all the guys, and said to Dennis "Say something German to me". He said "HELLO BABY" with that thick accent of his..... Chad LaRose and I died laughing, that's when the picture was made... you can tell we're laughing in the picture

So which one is Caniac97? I moved around so much i'm not sure which one of you said you were in line in front of me?

As far as Seidenburg..... I made such a mistake by not getting a hug from Brindy/Cam/Cullen because of my mission to meet Hedican........ i decided to get HUGS first with the other picture. I hugged all the guys, and said to Dennis "Say something German to me". He said "HELLO BABY" with that thick accent of his..... Chad LaRose and I died laughing, that's when the picture was made... you can tell we're laughing in the picture

we were in line for the brindy pic, i was wearing a black canes shirt and my lady friend was wearing a white sweater.