The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
pilige

Grahmne on Re-entry Waivers/Recall

So is Ward going to be our 3rd string goalie now? Lol. I mean heck Grahame looks like he has been playing well with Albany 4 wins and 3 losses. Anyways I hope he will do some good for us now he might have his game back on.

My silly conspiracy theory is that the Blackhawks want him and we're giving them Grahame in a Samsonov-esque deal. Then, at the deadline, the Hawks waive their whole team and we claim everyone. Seriously, the way we are BFFs with Chicago lately, this could happen!

He's being called up for the same reason Leighton was. He's done well in the AHL.

Dude...don't even compare the two. Leights' GAA was an entire 1.00 less than John's and his save % was better. Saying they are alike is a low blow to Leights.

He's being called up for the same reason Leighton was. He's done well in the AHL.

I don't think a 4-3 record with 3.04 GAA is playing well, especially in the AHL

I think this is just a play by JR to get another team interested and claim Grahame off waivers and rid the 1.4 salary he is making.

Leighton has earned the backup job. He needs to stay in Carolina the rest of this season.

awwww man... i hope this doesn't mean he's back... i think if he was back for us they would use the terms "Recalled from Albany" instead of re-entry.. but who knows..

They will say he is recalled IF he clears.

PLEASE PLEASSSSE let someone need a goalie bad enough to take him <_< <_<

They will say he is recalled IF he clears.

PLEASE PLEASSSSE let someone need a goalie bad enough to take him <_< <_<

Couldn't agree more.

Well.... he played well few game in AHL, but he didn't play nearly enough to prove he is worth to be our backup.

The only reasonable suggestion - someone agreed to claim him on re-entry waivers. It could be a similar deal we had with Chicago.

I'd be dissapointed if nobody claims him.

Dude...don't even compare the two. Leights' GAA was an entire 1.00 less than John's and his save % was better. Saying they are alike is a low blow to Leights.

Ok, how about they're alike enough in the NHL? Maybe JR realized it isn't worth playing John's salary so he can play in the AHL and pay Leighton's salary to play in the NHL.

Ok, how about they're alike enough in the NHL? Maybe JR realized it isn't worth playing John's salary so he can play in the AHL and pay Leighton's salary to play in the NHL.

JR wouldn't be calling him up unless someone was ready to claim him on re-entry!!

JR wouldn't be calling him up unless someone was ready to claim him on re-entry!!

Absolutely.. Any idea who? I guess we will know first thing in the morning When the NHL offices open...

I REALLY hope you are right. PS: This has brought me down off of the happiness of the Edmonton game.

Absolutely.. Any idea who? I guess we will know first thing in the morning When the NHL offices open...

My guess would be along the lines of GSBG and the LA Kings, JG would like that area.