The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
pilige

Grahmne on Re-entry Waivers/Recall

This move will be very unpopular with the Caniac Nation. That's all I have to say about that.

Only those who hate Grahame. Those of us who are willing to forgive and forget have no problem with it.

Only those who hate Grahame. Those of us who are willing to forgive and forget have no problem with it.

Yeah why not tell that to the people who hate Tanabe, Staal, Brindy on any given night :rolleyes:

I was watching this afternoons game on the Islanders station and they thought it would be funny because the are assume Dubielewicz will make the start for the Islanders in net tomorrow night. And they said they think Grahame would start for the Canes tomorrow night. These two goalies just faced each other this past Saturday night here in Albany when the Rats beat Bridgeport. Because the Islanders sent Dubielewicz was sent down for a 2 game rehab.

Yeah why not tell that to the people who hate Tanabe, Staal, Brindy on any given night :rolleyes:

That hate is usually 1-2 games. This Grahame bashing has continued during his entire stint in the AHL.

I;d be surprised if the canes care enough about the AHL all-star game, and just send him down so he can play it, sounds kinda foolish. If Grahame gets the next start over Leighton, not sure what to say.

Yeah, I think as others have pointed out that if we're going to continue playing Ward for the majority of games, you put Leighton down in Albany so he plays more and gets ready so next year he's ready to be the backup we need on the Canes.

Doesn't matter who is in goal, the rest of this season falls on the shoulders of the rest of the team first and foremost. We can't rely on any of the goalies to steal more than an odd game here or there. Only if they are scoring goals and working together to support whoever is in net will the Canes win any games. If they don't play well like that then the playoffs are out.

May as well play Ward tomorrow, though. He'll have about a week to rest up before the next game. Much will depend on who the Isles play, though. If the Isles play Dubielewicz we might see an AHL goaltender duel. :rolleyes:

I find it kind of funny also Grahame is called back up right after he played what I persontaly thought was his best game for the Rats this past saturday.

Leighton deserved his chance...Grahame lost his. This is pathetic...I have no idea what to expect from Grahame, ability or attitude wise.

Leighton got a couple chances and didn't perform much better than Grahame.

Bzzzz. A couple of chances, compared to a season and a half's worth for Grahame. Leighton doesn't mind being the backup, Grahame acts like it's a slap in the face. No comparison for me on who I'd want up here...Leighton all the way. Grahame doesn't have a team play in front of him, Leighton does. Just tells me that the team could care less for Grahame...yet here we are trying to shove him back in everyone's face...talk about a virus that won't go away.

That hate is usually 1-2 games. This Grahame bashing has continued during his entire stint in the AHL.

I'd beg to differ, only because I remember distinctly having it out with people last season about Tanabe and that hasn't changed this season. If someone started a Tanabe thread it would only be minutes before someone had something negative to say. There have been lots of heated threads about Tanabe that ended up locked. Grahame isn't the only guy that the fans have sunk their teeth into and he won't be the last. Not everyone is going to like him. This time there just seems to be an overwhelming number of people who can't stand him.

icefrog i swear man do you actually watch hockey? b.c you say some dumb stuff on here and i think its just to p*** people off.

leighton got 3 chacnes the first one he played well and let in 3 goals the second one he played GREAT and let in 1 goal and the third chace peter had no right taking him out b.c of letting in three goals only 1 of them was his fault. grahame sucks jsut plain out. i dont care if some people like him. its not about likkng a player its about them playing well and he did not do that here nor did he do that in albany. i dont know what JR is thinking right now but he needs to wake up or something. and as for somebody saying is grahame in net tomorrow? i sure hope not b.c if he is in he will prob get us the L. wardo played fine today and should play again tomorrow b.c ward on back to back is better than grahme just playing one game.

icefrog i swear man do you actually watch hockey? b.c you say some dumb stuff on here and i think its just to p*** people off.

leighton got 3 chacnes the first one he played well and let in 3 goals the second one he played GREAT and let in 1 goal and the third chace peter had no right taking him out b.c of letting in three goals only 1 of them was his fault. grahame sucks jsut plain out. i dont care if some people like him. its not about likkng a player its about them playing well and he did not do that here nor did he do that in albany. i dont know what JR is thinking right now but he needs to wake up or something. and as for somebody saying is grahame in net tomorrow? i sure hope not b.c if he is in he will prob get us the L. wardo played fine today and should play again tomorrow b.c ward on back to back is better than grahme just playing one game.

Good post and I agree, Grahame sucks to me and leighton did his job IMO.

I feel like making a crapload of "We want Leights back" signs and handing them out to whoever will take them tomorrow.

I feel like making a crapload of "We want Leights back" signs and handing them out to whoever will take them tomorrow.

i def. want one!!! i will be there with my "lightning Leighton" sign and i will def. take on of yours if you are really going to make them. and lets get a WE WANT LEIGHTON chant going on at the game. lets make a time and everybody start it! it would be awesome

I had the FSN feed on during the game, but on another board someone was listening to Chuck and he said that Leighton will go back to Albany after today's game so he can participate in the All Star game. They could bring Leighton back and put Grahame back in Albany after the All star game, but I honestly don't see that happening. While Leighton was good while he was here, he really wasn't much better. Yeah he had a great game in St Louis, but if you recall the Atlanta game, he wasn't that good and the team bailed him out by coming back and winning. in Toronto he was ok, nothing spectacular. Honestly none of our goalies have been great, all 3 have been average.

Now, I have this inkling, that Cam is going to be the guy no matter what for the rest of the year. No reason to keep Leighton here to ride the bench. If Cam is going to be your guy, from a business persepective, it makes more sense to put Leighton in Albany so you are not paying Grahame's/Leighton's NHL salary. Grahame will not be here next year no matter what. What you don't want to do, is keep Leighton from playing. Putting him in Albany he gets the games he needs, you can continue to monitor his progress, and you can make a decision for our back up role next year. Do we sign Leighton to be the back up or do we sign him and keep him in Albany for emergency purposes and get someone else to back up via FA.

I know people don't like Grahame, hell, I'm not too crazy about himself, but you have to look at everything.

do you guys remember when johhny told peter that he is going to go on a monumental streak and than let in 7 goals i think it was lol cracks me up!

I believe the exact words were "world class show and a hot streak" :lol: :lol:

And it was 8 goals. Apparently John doesn't know that CLEARLY a world class show would have been 12 goals let in.

I believe the exact words were "world class show and a hot streak" :lol: :lol:

And it was 8 goals. Apparently John doesn't know that CLEARLY a world class show would have been 12 goals let in.

haha lol that was it... cracks me up every time i think of it!! good stuff :lol:

haha lol that was it... cracks me up every time i think of it!! good stuff :lol:

That might be a good sign actually....

"Let's see another world class show Johnny? Can the other team score 10 this time?"

To all the Grahame haters out there.....

I've been reading these posts "silently" for the last few weeks, and because I'm a lady I haven't said anything. What I would LIKE to say would defintely get me kicked off this board, and there are some other good threads on here that I enjoy. So I've kept my thoughts to myself.

Because of that, I laughed out loud when I heard the news today.... couldn't wait to get home and read the comments.

So to everyone who thought:

1) Grahame is a horrible goalie and deserves to be in the minors (or worse)

2) Rutherford MUST have had a deal lined up otherwise he would never have put Grahame on re-entry waivers

3) That you can do better than anyone else on the team, because you sure do scrutinize every player and THINK you know everything about hockey

4) That the reason for all of our failures was because John Grahame was in goal once a month.

5) That a thread started about the "Weather in Michigan" should be turned around into a Grahame bashing thread. You always have to find some reason to bash him, doesn't matter what is the topic.

To those people..... I don't care if Grahame plays 1 more game with the Canes or 5000 more games with us...... I'm going to proudly wear my Grahame jersey at the game tomorrow, and no matter who's in goal or whether we win or lose, I'll still be a Caniac who loves the TEAM. I wish a lot more of you would get off your high horse and stop pointing fingers, and be a Caniac again.