The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
pilige

Grahmne on Re-entry Waivers/Recall

Us "Grahame haters" are CANIACS. We want what is best for our TEAM and having a goalie that the TEAM doesn't play in front of is not good for anyone.

What is amazing to me is that the John Grahame supporters who claim they love the team only show up when he came back...quite interesting since the TEAM has been playing for the entire time JG has been gone. :rolleyes:

but i do have a question for you. so if a player isnt doing well and hasnt done well all year and then goes to the AHL and does bad there to and we have a goalie that is better and younger and cheaper that we should just play the other goalie b.c you like him?? is that what you are getting at?

and being a caniac is not just praising your team when they do bad its letting them know your not happy when they suck and let them know change needs to happen

To all the Grahame haters out there.....

I've been reading these posts "silently" for the last few weeks, and because I'm a lady I haven't said anything. What I would LIKE to say would defintely get me kicked off this board, and there are some other good threads on here that I enjoy. So I've kept my thoughts to myself.

Because of that, I laughed out loud when I heard the news today.... couldn't wait to get home and read the comments.

So to everyone who thought:

1) Grahame is a horrible goalie and deserves to be in the minors (or worse)

2) Rutherford MUST have had a deal lined up otherwise he would never have put Grahame on re-entry waivers

3) That you can do better than anyone else on the team, because you sure do scrutinize every player and THINK you know everything about hockey

4) That the reason for all of our failures was because John Grahame was in goal once a month.

5) That a thread started about the "Weather in Michigan" should be turned around into a Grahame bashing thread. You always have to find some reason to bash him, doesn't matter what is the topic.

To those people..... I don't care if Grahame plays 1 more game with the Canes or 5000 more games with us...... I'm going to proudly wear my Grahame jersey at the game tomorrow, and no matter who's in goal or whether we win or lose, I'll still be a Caniac who loves the TEAM. I wish a lot more of you would get off your high horse and stop pointing fingers, and be a Caniac again.

Sounds like someone needs to get off their horse first before they push others off theirs.

Wow, funny how you appear only because John is back. Way to be a TEAM supporter and not just a John supporter. In fact, it seems all the big JG fans disappeared once he did.

Sorry, I don't think John is best for this TEAM, and that is my concern.

John Grahame doesn't deserve to be on the Canes. Sure the D hasn't been great in front of him and the team doesn't play as well in front of him, but you can't deny the fact that he isn't helping matters at all. He's got an awful attitude and didn't put up very good numbers in the AHL. Leighton's were MUCH better. I hope that Wardo starts tomorrow. I know that he doesn't do very well in the 2nd game of back to backs, but we need to ride him right now. Ward is our #1 and I think that the early start time for today's game may factor into the decision tomorrow. He gets about 26 hours off so why not play him again. Leighton knows that his job is to be a back up and is fine with that, Grahame thinks he has displayed goal tending to make him the number one.

If Grahame can be traded during/soon after the break and Leighton comes back then this would be the best situation.

Wow, funny how you appear only because John is back. Way to be a TEAM supporter and not just a John supporter. In fact, it seems all the big JG fans disappeared once he did.

Sorry, I don't think John is best for this TEAM, and that is my concern.

it really does seem that way dosent it!

but remember john grahame fans are "real" fans

Thats enough, cool down folks. Do we really need another "whos a real fan" thread?

Not to mention, we don't even know whats going to happen to Grahame so there's no need to argue about it. Lets try and keep this from getting locked so we have a place to discuss any moves for Grahame when they actually happen.

Thats enough, cool down folks. Do we really need another "whos a real fan" thread?

Not to mention, we don't even know whats going to happen to Grahame so there's no need to argue about it. Lets try and keep this from getting locked so we have a place to discuss any moves for Grahame when they actually happen.

I don't like Grahame either, but atleast I can look outside the box and understand why JR is doing what he is doing. Most of you hate Grahame, which is fine, cause I do to, and continue to talk crap without backing anything up. Grahame sucks, does not back anything up. Grahame doesn't belong here b/c he sucks, doesn't back anything up. Fact is, not one goalie on this team DESERVES to be on this team. Hell, Cam has played so bad at times, that he deserves to be in Albany himself. To sit here and say someone doesn't deserve to be here b/c they suck, is not a legit reason. There are other factors that play into this, which I have pointed out. The main factor that they are finally deciding that Cam is their go to guy. We don't have a legit back up, so they have to roll with Cam now.

For all the Leighton lovers, yes, I am one of them too. I love Leighton, but I wouldn't want him to ride the bench and deter is development just so Grahame isn't here. I'd rather Leighton be in Albany getting playing time and working on his game so he has a damn good shot at being the back up next year. If you really like Leighton, then you would want this for him. Riding the bench behind Cam for the rest of the season is not going to help him one bit.

I don't like Grahame either, but atleast I can look outside the box and understand why JR is doing what he is doing. Most of you hate Grahame, which is fine, cause I do to, and continue to talk crap without backing anything up. Grahame sucks, does not back anything up. Grahame doesn't belong here b/c he sucks, doesn't back anything up. Fact is, not one goalie on this team DESERVES to be on this team. Hell, Cam has played so bad at times, that he deserves to be in Albany himself. To sit here and say someone doesn't deserve to be here b/c they suck, is not a legit reason. There are other factors that play into this, which I have pointed out. The main factor that they are finally deciding that Cam is their go to guy. We don't have a legit back up, so they have to roll with Cam now.

For all the Leighton lovers, yes, I am one of them too. I love Leighton, but I wouldn't want him to ride the bench and deter is development just so Grahame isn't here. I'd rather Leighton be in Albany getting playing time and working on his game so he has a damn good shot at being the back up next year. If you really like Leighton, then you would want this for him. Riding the bench behind Cam for the rest of the season is not going to help him one bit.

yeha but riding the bench behind cam will get him a stanley cup ring :)

I just think Leighton's positive attitude and backup role acceptance is what's really worth keeping him up here compared to Grahame...we need good role players up here now in this long stretch...not someone who is negative and can bring the team down.

I just think Leighton's positive attitude and backup role acceptance is what's really worth keeping him up here compared to Grahame...we need good role players up here now in this long stretch...not someone who is negative and can bring the team down.

yeah i agree 124%

Yes, I agree with that 100%. Watching Leights out there and the way he interacts with the guys, the way he watches the game and the fact that he never comes onto the ice until the last guy is out of the locker room is really great to watch.

Yeah but keeping him here b/c he has a positive attitude is keeping him from playing. Leighton needs games to round out his game and riding the bench is not going to do that. Its not fair to Leighton to say, well since you have such a positive attitude, we are going to put that positive attitude on the bench and ruin your development.

And whose to say Grahame has a bad attitude. From my understanding the guys in the locker room were very disappointed when he was sent down. Tripp even asked Gleason about it as they are good friends. Wesley also made comments. Yeah its real easy for us to say Grahame has an attitude, but from the guys comments when it first happened, apparently they didn't think he had a bad attitude.

My point is, Grahame will not be here after this year. There is absolutly no reason to deter Leighton's development b/c fans don't like Grahame. Its not fair to Leighton. He needs to get games so he can prove that he can be a liable back up to Cam next year.

Yeah but keeping him here b/c he has a positive attitude is keeping him from playing. Leighton needs games to round out his game and riding the bench is not going to do that. Its not fair to Leighton to say, well since you have such a positive attitude, we are going to put that positive attitude on the bench and ruin your development.

And whose to say Grahame has a bad attitude. From my understanding the guys in the locker room were very disappointed when he was sent down. Tripp even asked Gleason about it as they are good friends. Wesley also made comments. Yeah its real easy for us to say Grahame has an attitude, but from the guys comments when it first happened, apparently they didn't think he had a bad attitude.

They AREN'T going to sit there and say "Yeah we are glad he is gone" :rolleyes:

Timmy in the Ask the Canes "New years resolution for a teammate" he blatantly says that Johnny needs to settle down. So I doubt they are BFF

yeah well thats what happens though. normally you have a starter and a back up and your back up is supposted to have a good attiute not have a problem riding the bench and be able to step in when your starter needs a break. lets be real guys. johhny has not been able to do this this year.

You see, the worst thing that I think could happen outta this would be the players rolling their eyes or something, saying like "oh great Grahame is back up here, a guy who didn't fit in with us or play well or act like he cared...here we go again." Grahame just reminds me of our worst, lowest, and most inconsistent playing days of the season. IMHO, he was the epitome of our team's ugliness. I just don't want those bad feelings returning with his presence coming back...I want the team to remain on a roll, both playing wise and emotionally.

I'm confused. I thought many of us had given solid reasons why we didn't like him. I didn't realize that a weak GAA and save percentage, plus sour attitude and lack of consistency that far surpasses the consistency issues that Ward has displayed are not reasons to dislike him. So, what exactly are legitimate reasons? I'm not trying to start something, but I'm trying to see where others are coming from. I'd like someone to give me real REASONS to like him other than stating that no one else is consistent and so we should cut him some slack. No one is accusing him of being a bad person. In fact, I specifically said I thought he was a nice guy. Honestly, I don't think it matters. If you like him and think he should be on the team there isn't a thing that any one can say to you that you're going to listen to. And for those of us who don't like him, there is very little anyone can say to convince us otherwise. It's like talking to a brick wall. However, I'm more than willing to listen to a JG fan if they can give me solid reasons on why he deserves to be here based on HIS play alone. No saying, "But Leighton/Ward...", no "The rest of the team...", no "You just don't understand...". I want to hear "John Grahame deserves this because fact x, fact y, fact z" that is based on him and him alone. You do that, then maybe people will be a little more understanding.

They AREN'T going to sit there and say "Yeah we are glad he is gone" :rolleyes:

Timmy in the Ask the Canes "New years resolution for a teammate" he blatantly says that Johnny needs to settle down. So I doubt they are BFF

Well Timmy, commodore, and Grahame were the 3 who hung out all the time since they are the single ones on the team. This was mentioned during an interview with timmy.

Having Leighton ride the bench is not fair to him. You would think since you guys want him here, you would want what is best for him. Riding the bench is not the best thing for Leighton. Who gives a damn if Grahame rides the bench. And this whole he has an attitude, well unless you are in the locker room, you have no idea if he has an attitude. And don't give me the crap you know he has an attitude from what he does on the ice. That's BS.

We get it, you hate Grahame, like I said I don't like him either, but i'm not gonna sit here and say he's a locker room cancer when none of us know this. I would like Leighton here next year backing up Cam and the only way for that to happen is for him to get games in and prove that he can be that back up. sititng behind Cam is not going to help in anyway shape or form. Too bad you can't see past the Grahame hate.

The team didn't play for John Grahame; that's a bad sign for a goaltender. That's how I judge him; what the team gives him on the ice...or really what they haven't given him.

Um, Tim is not single, he is still dating Joanna and has been since he came here.

And how does that make any sense to have someone riding the bench that hasn't proven they can be a good backup to Cam? "Who gives a damn if Grahame rides the bench"? Um, I think we ALL should because we should want Cam to have a solid backup that supports him and the team and will play well when he needs to go in for him.

...maybe that's just me.

If Leights stays down in the AHL after the All-Star game and we keep Grahame up, I will be very disappointed in our franchise.

Sure he will not start the games he would in the AHL, but he would get NHL quality players shooting at him in practice with Tom Barraso's daily help here. He won 2 games for us, and our Coach made a poor move and pulled him from the Leafs game. I'd rather see him here and in net vs the Islanders on Tuesday. Sadly, bringing up Grahame may put so much pressure on Leights after the Toronto pull he may play his worst game if here.

:unsure:

yeah well thats what happens though. normally you have a starter and a back up and your back up is supposted to have a good attiute not have a problem riding the bench and be able to step in when your starter needs a break. lets be real guys. johhny has not been able to do this this year.

I agree completely. That is the point of a back up. They don't start. They don't play most of the games (unless you are working to have a tandem goalie team). Yes, Leighton can play more games in the AHL because he will be a starter, but most of the AHL-ers don't make it a point to become career AHL boys. They want to make it to the NHL. And saying that Leighton will just be our backup anyway next year continues to prove the point. Why wait? Let him continue to get a feel for our system and give the Rats time to work with a new starter.

And as far as attitude goes, in our organization attitude plays a large part of things. Granted, in the Babchuk situation he didn't do what he was told (i.e. refusing to show) along with the attitude, but the attitude is part of what got him booted to begin with. JR doesn't put up with that BS. JG isn't nearly as forward with his feelings, but he's becoming more and more passive aggressive saying that he isn't being played enough and deserves more than he is getting. He's a back up. He doesn't fully accept that and that is where part of the problem stems from.

IDK. None of us are going to agree on this. I don't think there is middle ground, honestly.

So what happen to all those insisting that Grahame would be picked up by other teams?

??? Are you kidding dude. 90% of the people on ANY boards thought that would be JR's reasoning.

But I like the NHL.com story on it. Basically it says that Leights deserves more ice time at this point and we don't need to waste the starting job down there on him so we sent Leights back :lol: