The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
pilige

Grahmne on Re-entry Waivers/Recall

To all the Grahame haters out there.....

I've been reading these posts "silently" for the last few weeks, and because I'm a lady I haven't said anything. What I would LIKE to say would defintely get me kicked off this board, and there are some other good threads on here that I enjoy. So I've kept my thoughts to myself.

Because of that, I laughed out loud when I heard the news today.... couldn't wait to get home and read the comments.

So to everyone who thought:

1) Grahame is a horrible goalie and deserves to be in the minors (or worse)

2) Rutherford MUST have had a deal lined up otherwise he would never have put Grahame on re-entry waivers

3) That you can do better than anyone else on the team, because you sure do scrutinize every player and THINK you know everything about hockey

4) That the reason for all of our failures was because John Grahame was in goal once a month.

5) That a thread started about the "Weather in Michigan" should be turned around into a Grahame bashing thread. You always have to find some reason to bash him, doesn't matter what is the topic.

To those people..... I don't care if Grahame plays 1 more game with the Canes or 5000 more games with us...... I'm going to proudly wear my Grahame jersey at the game tomorrow, and no matter who's in goal or whether we win or lose, I'll still be a Caniac who loves the TEAM. I wish a lot more of you would get off your high horse and stop pointing fingers, and be a Caniac again.

Great post, there are things going on behind the scenes that our resident "experts" aren't privy too. They don't understand the business side of hockey and some don't even understand hockey.

Bzzzz. A couple of chances, compared to a season and a half's worth for Grahame. Leighton doesn't mind being the backup, Grahame acts like it's a slap in the face. No comparison for me on who I'd want up here...Leighton all the way. Grahame doesn't have a team play in front of him, Leighton does. Just tells me that the team could care less for Grahame...yet here we are trying to shove him back in everyone's face...talk about a virus that won't go away.

i agree with that 100%

Great post, there are things going on behind the scenes that our resident "experts" aren't privy too. They don't understand the business side of hockey and some don't even understand hockey.

I'm sorry, but you claimed Grahame was being called up because JR had a team lined up, and anyone who disagreed with you, you claimed "they don't understand the business side of hockey".

Now that Grahame's here, and obviously no team has picked him up, you're backtracking claiming that you never bashed Grahame?

So what happen to all those insisting that Grahame would be picked up by other teams?

it is called re-entry waivers frog, look it up! Apparently something fell thru and JR didn't think it was necessary to contact any of us to fill us in. You need to look at the big picture, Cam WILL get the nod tomorrow, unless he is injured Grahame will be manning the gate and will only need two moves (open gate, close gate). After tomorrow's game we have a 7 day rest before play resumes. A lot can happen (or not) in 7 days, at this point anyone can pick up Grahame for cheap. Leights gets to participate in the AHL all star game and will be back.

it is called re-entry waivers frog, look it up! Apparently something fell thru and JR didn't think it was necessary to contact any of us to fill us in. You need to look at the big picture, Cam WILL get the nod tomorrow, unless he is injured Grahame will be manning the gate and will only need two moves (open gate, close gate). After tomorrow's game we have a 7 day rest before play resumes. A lot can happen (or not) in 7 days, at this point anyone can pick up Grahame for cheap. Leights gets to participate in the AHL all star game and will be back.

So the only reason he's here now is because something fell through? There's no way he could have been called up for some other reason?

Glad you've got some behind the scenes look that others aren't granted.

I'm sorry, but you claimed Grahame was being called up because JR had a team lined up, and anyone who disagreed with you, you claimed "they don't understand the business side of hockey".

Now that Grahame's here, and obviously no team has picked him up, you're backtracking claiming that you never bashed Grahame?

re-read my post, nothing says anything about me backtracking bashing Grahame. I will always have issues with him but only because the rest of the team disappears on him. When Samsonov was placed on re-entry waivers we didn't pick him up until 4 days later. Unless you have the inside track with JR you don't know what is going on so you shouldn't act like you do or bash others that don't agree with you.

So the only reason he's here now is because something fell through? There's no way he could have been called up for some other reason?

Glad you've got some behind the scenes look that others aren't granted.

something fell thru and Leights sent to play in his AHL All Star game. we will have a 7 day break after tomorrow, stay tuned!!

Look like I said earlier. Chuck Kaiton, who is inside the org, said that Leighton was sent down so he can participate in the All Star game. Whose to say that next week, Leighton isn't back here?

JR is not a *edit*, so maybe he is just giving Leighton a chance in a lifetime to be part of the All star game. Why should we take that experience away from him when he has worked very hard. He earned that recognition, and its only fair to give him that reward for his stellar play in Albany.

Fact is not one of us know what is going on. We don't know what JRs plans are. We don't know what goes on in the locker room. We may like to think we do, but we don't.

Look like I said earlier. Chuck Kaiton, who is inside the org, said that Leighton was sent down so he can participate in the All Star game. Whose to say that next week, Leighton isn't back here?

JR is not a *edit*, so maybe he is just giving Leighton a chance in a lifetime to be part of the All star game. Why should we take that experience away from him when he has worked very hard. He earned that recognition, and its only fair to give him that reward for his stellar play in Albany.

Fact is not one of us know what is going on. We don't know what JRs plans are. We don't know what goes on in the locker room. We may like to think we do, but we don't.

Exactly, we are on the all star break so what damage can Grahame do while we are off?? The worst that can happen is he pulls a Jeff O'Niell the next 7 days.

278 posts. I knew there is an anti-Graham contigent out there, but this is one of the most emotional threads I've read.

I must make a disclosure: JG makes me nervous when he plays. Cam is fine, but let's face a fact: he fights it from time to time. Maybe Leighton should be our #1 and see what happens. Can't be worse IMO. Let's sit back and see what happens after the All Star game.

Reminds me of the Irbe/Weekes days, sort of.

Exactly, we are on the all star break so what damage can Grahame do while we are off?? The worst that can happen is he pulls a Jeff O'Niell the next 7 days.

None.

But if Michael Leighton blows an ACL in an AHL All-Star game it will be second guessed for weeks.

great post. i was the one told that i knew nothing.. ha.

None.

But if Michael Leighton blows an ACL in an AHL All-Star game it will be second guessed for weeks.

If the AHL all-star game is anything like the NHL All-Star game the only way he would tear an ACL is tripping in the Autograph line.

If the AHL all-star game is anything like the NHL All-Star game the only way he would tear an ACL is tripping in the Autograph line.

Best post of the day :)

Best post of the day :)

None.

So on that thought we shouldn't allow Leighton go participate in an event that he deserves for working his butt off in Albany. :rolleyes:

Leighton is getting recognized for his outstanding play in Albany and he deserves to go to the All star game. Its not right for us to hold him back.

Guess we need to keep Staal home as well, b/c well he may break a leg.

Last warning, this thread is getting waaaay too heated.

We don't have a clue what the plans are for Grahame so there's no use beating each other up over it.

Last warning, this thread is getting waaaay too heated.

We don't have a clue what the plans are for Grahame so there's no use beating each other up over it.

So on that thought we shouldn't allow Leighton go participate in an event that he deserves for working his butt off in Albany. :rolleyes:

Leighton is getting recognized for his outstanding play in Albany and he deserves to go to the All star game. Its not right for us to hold him back.

Guess we need to keep Staal home as well, b/c well he may break a leg.

Huh?

Leighton can never have the honor of being selected taken away from him so I don't understand what he has had taken from him.

Frankly, I think to be here getting settled, getting daily help from Tom Barrasso and getting the NHL pay beats playing in a game no one cares who loses or wins. He proved he was worthy by being picked. That he will have forever. I wish him well. But if something odd occurs and he is injured as a result of this game we will see how many are quick to point out this is big business.

I have to agree with CLF. I am not a fan of Grahames, and am a Leighton fan, but I think it will be better for his development to be able to be the starter in albany instead of the bench warmer here. If we are going to ride cam, we might as well give Leighton more opportunity to play.

This is the worst day of my life. Well not the worst. But the worst day this year so far.

I plan on taking a sign showing my feelings on this situation to the game tomorrow. I swear if he starts.....

Please tell me you're joking. That would be the height of rudeness.

I'll just gag if we bring Grahame back up here...I can see it now in his first game back..."5-0 loss...Grahame gives up 4 on 11 shots" or something like that. He wasn't healthy for our locker room...like a virus that brought everybody down...including the fanbase.

Ok, this is wrong. John was incredibly popular in the locker room. The team knew they weren't playing well, and left him out to dry several times. After he was sent to Albany it was remarked that several of the players felt guilty because John was the scapegoat for how bad the team had played.

Huh?

Leighton can never have the honor of being selected taken away from him so I don't understand what he has had taken from him.

Frankly, I think to be here getting settled, getting daily help from Tom Barrasso and getting the NHL pay beats playing in a game no one cares who loses or wins. He proved he was worthy by being picked. That he will have forever. I wish him well. But if something odd occurs and he is injured as a result of this game we will see how many are quick to point out this is big business.

He deserves to go to the all star game whether you agree or not. What I'm saying is its not right for us to tell Leighton he can't go because he might get hurt. That's the stupidest thing ever. With your train of thought we better keep Staal in Raleigh during the all star game as well b/c he might hurt. You don't keep guys from going to a game b/c your scared they will get hurt.

Although, guess you've never watched an all star game. A fly couldn't even get hurt during these games. This game would be perfect for Kaberle b/c there is no hitting. The games are not physical.

To say a guy shouldn't go b/c they might get injured is stupid. You might as well take their car away from them to b/c guess what they could get in a car accident and get injured. See Stillman.