The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
pilige

Grahmne on Re-entry Waivers/Recall

Ok, this is wrong. John was incredibly popular in the locker room. The team knew they weren't playing well, and left him out to dry several times. After he was sent to Albany it was remarked that several of the players felt guilty because John was the scapegoat for how bad the team had played.

Your opinion versus mine. Fact is team has played better without Grahame, and now we bring him back...I can only cringe. The team never played in front of him, never cared; why would they now?

Bzzzz. A couple of chances, compared to a season and a half's worth for Grahame. Leighton doesn't mind being the backup, Grahame acts like it's a slap in the face. No comparison for me on who I'd want up here...Leighton all the way. Grahame doesn't have a team play in front of him, Leighton does. Just tells me that the team could care less for Grahame...yet here we are trying to shove him back in everyone's face...talk about a virus that won't go away.

With the possible exception of Chris Osgood, no goalie is happy being the backup. Leighton would jump at the chance to be the Canes #1.

I believe the exact words were "world class show and a hot streak" :lol: :lol:

And it was 8 goals. Apparently John doesn't know that CLEARLY a world class show would have been 12 goals let in.

And do you also remember how loose and crappy the entire team played in front of him that night? If it's just going to be John vs the Sabres, while everyone else was sleeping on the ice, then of course he's going to get hosed.

Ok, this is wrong. John was incredibly popular in the locker room. The team knew they weren't playing well, and left him out to dry several times. After he was sent to Albany it was remarked that several of the players felt guilty because John was the scapegoat for how bad the team had played.

None of us know if he was popular or not in the locker room because none of us are in the locker room. My aggression against Crackers is soley based on the fact that he doesn't have what it takes to carry a team. There's a reason that Tampa got rid of him in favor of two rookies who had yet to prove themselves. He's simply not good enoug for my standards for a goaltender. His style of play is too eratic and inconssistent, which is not what this team needs. Cam isn't very connsistent right now either, but he is still very young and we all know he has the talent and skill nesccesary to win a Stanley Cup, which, in the end, is what it's all about.

They AREN'T going to sit there and say "Yeah we are glad he is gone" :rolleyes:

Timmy in the Ask the Canes "New years resolution for a teammate" he blatantly says that Johnny needs to settle down. So I doubt they are BFF

Did you even watch that segment? Of course they are pals, it was a joke because John is an affirmed bachelor on a team of married men.

Ok 'Canes newbie could ya stop going back to every little post you disagree with and trying to make counterpoints to them all? How about just discussing your feelings on the situation in a new paragraph...lol it's like you're trying to disprove everything against Grahame. After 15 pages of John Grahame talk, I think we've all had enough to say. This topic has turned into a broad argument of varying opinions...all of which have been stated at some point before.

What's GIANT to me?

This mistake. THAT'S what's GIANT to me!

If they're clearing waivers because they're about to package him in a deal sending him far, far away, that's acceptable. Not likely -- because any team with which we'd have a deal pending would have already picked up his sorry patoot at half price.

But if we're bringing him up for any other reason -- AHL all star game, Lavi misses him, JR's tea leaves say it's time -- this is a big mistake. He's fundamentally unsound, and the comments he made prior to demotion border on just plain MENTALLY unsound.

Although the thread has good intentions, it has gotten out of hand. Too many insults, repetitive comments, and I don't like how people are accusing Grahame of being a cancer and not a team player over one comment.

So I'm gonna lock this thread until maybe things get cleared up a bit, and we get a better idea on what the canes are doing with Grahame. i hate censoring a thread, but this has just gotten way too out of hand. For everyone that tried to keep it civil and on topic, i appreciate it and apologize in advance.