The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
pilige

Grahmne on Re-entry Waivers/Recall

I REALLY hope you are right. PS: This has brought me down off of the happiness of the Edmonton game.

why?? crackers will be gone!!

why?? crackers will be gone!!

I mean if he DOESN'T get claimed.

And I only refer to him as "The Master of Crumbs" LOL

He'd be far better than Jason LaBarbara, the Kings' sorry excuse for a starting netminder ... :mellow:

Jan/GSBG

Haha!....sorry but your misinformed there, Look at Laberbera's numbers, he isn't that bad, the Kings make him look bad, I've seen him play, he lets in a few softies but the Kings are turnover machines.

Anyways, i don't think John's numbers in the AHL indicate he's played well. Didn't Leighton put up better numbers than that in the AHL? Makes no sense to send Leighton down, he maybe had one bad game, but he never let up a dagger goal that took the team out of the game, kinda sounds like unfair treatment towards Michael if no one picks John up (which I expect no one will).

thanks.. but it still seems like they are calling him up with a purpose of playing here.... i'm scared...

I hope it is one of the mind games and trying to be politically correct JR is playing.

Please, someone, claim him.

If he clears. We should all go to the RBC an hold a candlelight vigil in protest. :lol:

JK of course. Kind of.

thanks.. but it still seems like they are calling him up with a purpose of playing here.... i'm scared...

You don't understand the business side of hockey, you DON'T send someone down on waivers and then bring them back up on re-entry waivers unless you are wanting to unload them. Being placed on waivers is GM talk for "we don't want him anymore".

Gawd I hope a team called JR and asked him to put Crackers on re-entry. And I don't think a 3.04 GAA and a .912 Sv% is good, maybe for an AHL goalie, but Crackers is an NHL goalie and that's what he did at the AHL level facing lesser talent. His numbers should have been better than that. I would like to keep Leighton here for the rest of the year. I thought the games he has played in he did pretty good, not spectacular by any mean but better than Grahame IMHO.

Interesting how JR says Leighton will play tomorrow afternoon regardless of Grahame's status.

One can only hope some desperate team wants him.

You don't understand the business side of hockey, you DON'T send someone down on waivers and then bring them back up on re-entry waivers unless you are wanting to unload them. Being placed on waivers is GM talk for "we don't want him anymore".

i do understand the buisiness side.. i've seen what happened to recchi and samsonov.. but im just talking about how the article said that grahame would clear waivers at noon. they sound so determined that he'll be with us.

well i guess it's somewhat positive when it says that leighton will be dressed no matter what..

Haha!....sorry but your misinformed there, Look at Laberbera's numbers, he isn't that bad, the Kings make him look bad, I've seen him play, he lets in a few softies but the Kings are turnover machines.

Anyways, i don't think John's numbers in the AHL indicate he's played well. Didn't Leighton put up better numbers than that in the AHL? Makes no sense to send Leighton down, he maybe had one bad game, but he never let up a dagger goal that took the team out of the game, kinda sounds like unfair treatment towards Michael if no one picks John up (which I expect no one will).

Leighton will not be going down, he would have to clear waivers and would be snatched up quicker than Crumbs!!

Leighton will not be going down, he would have to clear waivers and would be snatched up quicker than Crumbs!!

Leighton doesn't need to clear waivers. Luke wrote about and explained in his blog.

Gawd I hope a team called JR and asked him to put Crackers on re-entry. And I don't think a 3.04 GAA and a .912 Sv% is good, maybe for an AHL goalie, but Crackers is an NHL goalie and that's what he did at the AHL level facing lesser talent. His numbers should have been better than that. I would like to keep Leighton here for the rest of the year. I thought the games he has played in he did pretty good, not spectacular by any mean but better than Grahame IMHO.

Interesting how JR says Leighton will play tomorrow afternoon regardless of Grahame's status.

One can only hope some desperate team wants him.

JR wouldn't be doing this if he didn't have a taker!! Crumbs would still be in Albany.

Leighton doesn't need to clear waivers. Luke wrote about and explained in his blog.

He would have to clear waivers if he were to get sent back down, Luke was talking about him coming up.

He would have to clear waivers if he were to get sent back down, Luke was talking about him coming up.

yeah.... i forgot what exactly article said. you are right. Luke was talking about him coming up.

yeah.... i forgot what exactly article said. you are right. Luke was talking about him coming up.

No worries, I was just trying to clarify that for all.

If Crumbs clears and we have to send Leights down. We WILL lose him. It is how he went from team to team. :unsure:

i do understand the buisiness side.. i've seen what happened to recchi and samsonov.. but im just talking about how the article said that grahame would clear waivers at noon. they sound so determined that he'll be with us.

well i guess it's somewhat positive when it says that leighton will be dressed no matter what..

when someone is place on re-entry waivers it is not an indefinite thing, there is a deadline. that is where noon tomorrow comes in.

when someone is place on re-entry waivers it is not an indefinite thing, there is a deadline. that is where noon tomorrow comes in.

i know that. and if he makes it past that deadline he's in the nhl

i know that. and if he makes it past that deadline he's in the nhl

JR would not call him up on re-entry waivers unless someone was gonna claim him, if a team doesn't then it will cost another team more. why would a team let the deadline pass so that they would be on the hook for all of his salary instead of half?? If he is claimed off of re-entry waivers he will only cost a team $300k.

There's always another reason. JR realizes that it's our team defense that's the problem, not the goaltending. Thus, there's no reason to pay Grahame's NHL salary to sit in the AHL.

He originally sent Grahame down to send a message to the team. Well, it could be that after last night's game, JR feels the message had been sent.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for Grahame to be claimed off waivers, but I don't see it happening, despite how many times users on this board insist it will be true.