The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
pilige

Grahmne on Re-entry Waivers/Recall

Or.... They will keep JG and Leighton.

If Brookbanks can play forward, who said Leighton can't play puck moving d-man. This is the blockbuster move we were always waiting for.

One move that resolves all our issues :rolleyes:

There's always another reason. JR realizes that it's our team defense that's the problem, not the goaltending. Thus, there's no reason to pay Grahame's NHL salary to sit in the AHL.

He originally sent Grahame down to send a message to the team. Well, it could be that after last night's game, JR feels the message had been sent.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for Grahame to be claimed off waivers, but I don't see it happening, despite how many times users on this board insist it will be true.

thank you

- Jan 5, 2008

Sergei Samsonov cleared re-entry waivers -- meaning no other team wanted him even at only half his salary -- and was sent to Rockford.

This was that I was thinking. I think it is possible to be put on re-entry and not get claimed, but not be called back up since we didnt claim samsonov off re-entry until a few days later when we asked him to be put on them again. This might be what goes on with Grahame. Jr putting out a feeler just to see if he gets claimed. And I do think Leighton goes on waivers if sent down, and someone would probably claim him right away. I don't want Grahame back here, but I don't think we are about too. Just my thoughts.

What I'm thinking is there's likely a trade between a couple of other teams - a playoff hopeful that needs an upgrade in goal or a good backup, and a team that isn't likely to be in the playoffs that has a goalie worth dealing. The latter will send said goalie in a deal for picks or prospects, then claim Grahame off waivers. Obviously that team gave JR a call and asked for it to happen.

Seems I've read about several teams looking for goalies in trades, so that's what popped into my mind right away about it. Especially since Leighton is starting tomorrow, that means he won't be sent down in time. We can't have three goalies on the roster. There's no room for it. Unless Ward is injured and nobody knows about it, but I think we'd hear that before hearing about Grahame being called up.

Could be the finer points of a deal are being worked out at the last minute, making it not be so quick to see Grahame picked up. A team would need to have the room first.

I was at practice today and I can tell you it appears Cam is starting tomorrow because he was first off the ice and he wasn't injured either. Don't know if that helps at all but thought I'd pass on the info.

...Doesn't Leighton start the All-Star game soon? Could that be the reason?

That is a very risky game to play so Leights can start in the All-Star game.

That's what the Allstar break is for ;)

I think he is saying we send him down so he can play. Because I think he can't play for it since he is up here with us. I just don't think that would be the major reason behind doing this.

I think he is saying we send him down so he can play. Because I think he can't play for it since he is up here with us. I just don't think that would be the major reason behind doing this.

I didn't know that. Interesting

I didn't know that. Interesting

Or.... They will keep JG and Leighton.

If Brookbanks can play forward, who said Leighton can't play puck moving d-man. This is the blockbuster move we were always waiting for.

One move that resolves all our issues :rolleyes:

and we will trade cam for a new coach and move Lavi to zamboni driver.

and we will trade cam for a new coach and move Lavi to zamboni driver.

Lavi would make a horrible zamboni driver!

They need to keep things in a straight line, and Lavi's always making line changes. :P

They need to keep things in a straight line, and Lavi's always making line changes.

Best post of the month.

They need to keep things in a straight line, and Lavi's always making line changes.

Best post of the month.

Ah, good catch. I read that wrong. Thought it said Leighton would play tomorrow.

But still, the same thing regardless. Ward and Leighton are dressed as the two goalies, and there won't be room on the roster for Grahame.

You can carry three goalies as long as you are under the 23 man roster. Isles did it when he DP was hurt.

Anyone else think Grahame might be the 'future considerations' of the Craig Adams trade?

We get the future considerations, not them. Although in this case maybe we can give them this "future consideration"

Anyone else think Grahame might be the 'future considerations' of the Craig Adams trade?
The future considerations are for us, not Chicago.

You can carry three goalies as long as you are under the 23 man roster. Isles did it when he DP was hurt.

Well yes, I know you can. But we already have been having to watch that roster limit with the AHL guys and the guys coming back from injuries. So would we have the room for Grahame as is?

That's not something you'd want to do long-term, either. One thing if a goalie is injured and can't play for a game or two but you don't want to put them on the IR and be out for a specific amount of games, totally different if everyone is active and healthy. If that's what is happening then there's going to have to be some sort of move very soon, then. Something involving a goalie, too.

And can someone PLEASE fix the title of the thread??? Unless Grahmne is a new player that we are calling up here...in which case a lot of these comments now seem a bit silly. :lol: