The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
pilige

Grahmne on Re-entry Waivers/Recall

We get the future considerations, not them. Although in this case maybe we can give them this "future consideration"

them taking Grahame off our hands would be better than anything they could give us

well... cept for their youngsters

Well yes, I know you can. But we already have been having to watch that roster limit with the AHL guys and the guys coming back from injuries. So would we have the room for Grahame as is?

That's not something you'd want to do long-term, either. One thing if a goalie is injured and can't play for a game or two but you don't want to put them on the IR and be out for a specific amount of games, totally different if everyone is active and healthy. If that's what is happening then there's going to have to be some sort of move very soon, then. Something involving a goalie, too.

I just checked and since we have two players on IR we are only "carrying" 22 guys right now.

I just checked and since we have two players on IR we are only "carrying" 22 guys right now.

You're right, I just checked myself. Thought we were already at the limit.

So I guess we do have room for Grahame if need be. :blink:

them taking Grahame off our hands would be better than anything they could give us

well... cept for their youngsters

For once, I agree with you. :P

Why Hockey God, Why? Someone has to be picking him up off of waivers, because 4-3 in the AHL is not that good.... he was only 4-6-1 in the NHL with both GAA's over 3. I sure hope we're not thinking of sending Leighton down, someone would surely pick him up off waivers.

So...we recall Grahame while Babchuk is banished to Russia. Both had the same reaction to their move to the AHL, Babchuk out-played Grahame while he was in Albany, Babchuk played a position we were clearly weak at, yet Grahame is brought back. Doesn't make much sense in my opinion.

If we had this same reaction to Grahame's recall, "he was horrible in the AHL", "why can't we keep Leighton", etc., why should we believe another team in the NHL would be excited enough about him to make a move?

So...we recall Grahame while Babchuk is banished to Russia. Both had the same reaction to their move to the AHL, Babchuk out-played Grahame while he was in Albany, Babchuk played a position we were clearly weak at, yet Grahame is brought back. Doesn't make much sense in my opinion.

If we had this same reaction to Grahame's recall, "he was horrible in the AHL", "why can't we keep Leighton", etc., why should we believe another team in the NHL would be excited enough about him to make a move?

two words "cheap backup", if another team claims him then they are only on the hook for $330k of salary. How many decent backups are out there at that price??

Well, Grahame questioned why he was sent down, but he didn't flat out refuse to report like Babchuk.

I do get what you're saying though.

Well, Grahame questioned why he was sent down, but he didn't flat out refuse to report like Babchuk.

questioning your demotion is one thing but disappearing and not reporting is something very different. I don't think these two situations compare at all.

questioning your demotion is one thing but disappearing and not reporting is something very different. I don't think these two situations compare at all.

There were rumors that Chicago was looking to off load Khabibulin to get a veteran defenseman. Maybe Chicago found a taker and will now need another goalie.

Or maybe Torts wants to take a chance on 75% Grahame :lol:

There were rumors that Chicago was looking to off load Khabibulin to get a veteran defenseman. Maybe Chicago found a taker and will now need another goalie.

Why didnt they just straight up trade with us then? We have plenty of veteran Defenseman, we could maybe use Khabibulin (though i dont want to send Leights down) and we pretty much just traded Samsonov for Adams.

Why didnt they just straight up trade with us then? We have plenty of veteran Defenseman, we could maybe use Khabibulin (though i dont want to send Leights down) and we pretty much just traded Samsonov for Adams.

Because Khabby will make 6.75 Million next year.

they might have the goaltending now tho, holmqvist has back to back shutouts.

So Crackers gets picked up by nother team, Give GM money to play with and we sign another young puck handling dman...

I don't think a 4-3 record with 3.04 GAA is playing well, especially in the AHL

Agreed. For an NHL goalie to have those numbers after being sent down, which obviously sends a huge message to Grahame that his job here is in jeopardy, does not bode well for Grahame. With his somewhat selfish attitude and inability to accept responsibility for his most recent losses in Carolina, I'm really hoping someone is going to claim him because we don't need bad goaltending + total lack of leadership, especially considering Leighton has done an ok job for us and deserves to stay up for the remainder of the season.

I'm not positive, but I still think that being put on re-entry does not mean that you are back on the NHL roster. Since Samsonov was put on ren-entry and no claimed him until we did like 3-4 days later. So maybe JR just put Grahame on waivers hoping he'd be claimed, or hopefully knowing he'd be claimed.

But once he did report, his attitude wasn't any different from that of Grahame. I would also say that Grahame's actions were worse because a goaltender who's heart isn't in it can hurt a team alot more than a defenseman. When players like Carson, Hughes, Nastiuk, Samson, etc. see Grahame react that way and still be recalled, what does that tell them about this organization and the way they can treat it?

But once he did report, his attitude wasn't any different from that of Grahame. I would also say that Grahame's actions were worse because a goaltender who's heart isn't in it can hurt a team alot more than a defenseman. When players like Carson, Hughes, Nastiuk, Samson, etc. see Grahame react that way and still be recalled, what does that tell them about this organization and the way they can treat it?

Truthfully Ive not heard any reports out of Albany saying that Grahame had a bad attitude. Maybe you know something Im not aware of but from what Max has posted, he's done a pretty good job there. The only negative thing I read was his comments that he made about not really getting his chance shine with the Canes (not exact words).

Truthfully Ive not heard any reports out of Albany saying that Grahame had a bad attitude. Maybe you know something Im not aware of but from what Max has posted, he's done a pretty good job there. The only negative thing I read was his comments that he made about not really getting his chance shine with the Canes (not exact words).

I don't think many teams would ever be excited about getting Grahame, but maybe they have a goalie that got hurt, cuz otherwise I didn't think we would ever get rid of him.

Babchuk was banished to Russia because we could banish him to Russia, if Grahame wanted to go to Russia then I'm sure JR would have no problem with that.

There is no way in hell that JR brings back Grahame to the Canes. I know the defense isn't very good, but Grahame was truly awful. I don't care who we get rid of him to, but right now Grahame is taking up time in net in Albany that could go to a younger, developing goalie. Whoever takes him becomes my new #2 favorite team.

I can't say that I'm surprised. We all hope that there is a great reason for Grahame to be placed on re-entry waivers (i.e. someone wants to FINALLY take him). However, would it really surprise anyone if JR honestly wanted Grahame back to play? I'm hoping that isn't the case, but crazier things have happened! As others have said, Grahame has little to offer any team. Someone would have to be hard up for a goalie to be willing to take him. Although, I wouldn't mind that team's complete lack of oversight if it got rid of Crackers. :) A little over 3 hours to go before we find out what is really going on.

I was just on Spector's site where he has this information posted and on there it says that Cam and Leights will remain our goalie tandem and we're getting Grahame back and hoping to maybe get him in a game here or there. So, my question is, are we going to carry 3 goalies for awhile like the Isles did and see what happens from there?