The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
pilige

Grahmne on Re-entry Waivers/Recall

I just don't get why JR is playing this rotating game with the goalies instead of addressing the bigger issue at hand....our defensive play.

we will know soon enough, Crumbs might not be a good $1.4mil backup goalie but for $330k he just might be great for some other team. We will know in less than an hour.

Or, you know, just play in general. Everyone is kind of lagging. I have an idea! How about we scratch the current roster and go for a whole new team? We'll start recruiting from the Mighty Mites and the Storm Squad. And we'll have Stormy play goalie? LOLZ! :lol: Figured I'd lighten the tone up a bit.

I'm not quite a mighty mite anymore, but a Bantam, can I play too?? :lol:

Well, with less than an hour till he clears, it doesn't look like Grahmne will be picked up. Oh well, better luck next time.

it won't be announced until noon, some other team may have made an offer but it doesn't get announced until noon even if that offer was made yesterday.

it won't be announced until noon, some other team may have made an offer but it doesn't get announced until noon even if that offer was made yesterday.

That's kind of like torture, isn't it? Is your favorite player leaving? We'll tell you at noon. Is your most hated player leaving? Wait until 12. I think it's safe to say that we are all pretty much impatient. :)

I gladly will accept your request to be captain, in fact, it's an honour. Thank you. *bows* :lol:

WOO HOO!

Ok, so your first act of duty is to get Stormy to slim down some. Ask him to talk to Cam Ward about sharing his fruits and veggies. Because, you know, more matters. :lol:

Ok, so your first act of duty is to get Stormy to slim down some. Ask him to talk to Cam Ward about sharing his fruits and veggies. Because, you know, more matters. :lol:

i think the "more matters" is how stormy got in the shape he is in!! LOL

i think the "more matters" is how stormy got in the shape he is in!! LOL

Apparently he didn't listen to Danialle Karmanos about laying off the soft drinks and junk food. I think she needs to make him "work it out" a little bit harder. :D

:lol: perhaps someone should've specified to Stormy that more matters with fruits and veggies, not ALL food. LOL

But, hey now. Stormy is in shape. Round is a shape! :lol:

Ok, let me start off by saying to you that I used to be a huge Grahame supporter, even when he wasn't doing so hot. TangledHeart can back me up on that one. So, if you truly think that someone having a dissenting opinion is "mean-spirited and petty" or that the criticism is "unfounded" then I would have to say you are sadly mistaken. I critisize him because he opens his mouth and says that he just needs a chance and that he can prove that he is good enough to start more games on this team. Then he turns around and doesn't live up to his performance and then we start the cycle over. What I meant by "refusal to use his skill" is that if he is as good as he says he is, then he has left us all wanting. Either he doesn't have the skill, or he's just not giving it his all. Yes, the team could play better in front of him, but they aren't. Step up, take responsibility for your part, go out the next night and try harder. He doesn't do any of those things. If you think that is unfounded, that is your call. But please, explain to me and everyone else why calling him on his crap is unfounded.

You obviously didn't read what I wrote in that regard, which was simply "I have no idea what "refusal to use his skill" means but it seems like you are very willing to toss unfounded criticism his way too." That comment made no sense which is why I labeled it as unfounded criticism.

I made it clear I had called him out on his attitude and play as well so please let's not lump and extend my specific comments into the convenient but misplaced category of knocking "dissenting opinions." I'd be arguing with myself otherwise. ;) My point is that some of the criticism has moved into classless swipes and that is unfortunate.

It really doesn't matter what the future status of Ward was vs. Grahame but the fact that when both were back-ups they got hung out to dry and it's hard to overlook. The bottom line is that, as I've written before, Grahame didn't get the job done when he had his chance. His career in the NHL is teetering so whether through his play or his attitude he is paying the price. Some need to just leave it at that instead of acting like the Canes' future depends on him getting claimed. I personally hope he gets claimed but if he doesn't, there are much bigger issues to worry about on this team.

Ok, I can handle that. How about we get Stormy to train with Cam Ward on his nutrition and then with Roddy with the weight-training; he'd be the perfect pig!

Then I was thinking that the Storm Squard is going to have to bulk up some, they're too skinny. I am appointing you co-captain, so this is your duty, can you handle it?

Major derailment of this thread but its a lot better than the bashing posts. Carry on....

Major derailment of this thread but its a lot better than the bashing posts. Carry on....

That's kind of like torture, isn't it? Is your favorite player leaving? We'll tell you at noon. Is your most hated player leaving? Wait until 12. I think it's safe to say that we are all pretty much impatient. :)

Per Lord Stanley Blog, Leighton will still dress for tonights game regardless of Grahams status. Now tomorrow night be different but look at his stats for while he was gone.

In seven AHL games, Grahame is 4-3-0 with a 3.04 goals-against average and .912 save percentage. Grahame will clear waivers at noon Monday and Michael Leighton will dress for Monday

Aww, TSA.. Do you feel left out because you aren't on the team? Do you want to be the new mascot since Stormy is suiting up?

And Heather, KOTC, I am officially appointing you as Alternate Captain. Your new duty is to get John Grahame to train with Stormy after Cam is done with him.

You obviously didn't read what I wrote in that regard, which was simply "I have no idea what "refusal to use his skill" means but it seems like you are very willing to toss unfounded criticism his way too." That comment made no sense which is why I labeled it as unfounded criticism.

I made it clear I had called him out on his attitude and play as well so please let's not lump and extend my specific comments into the convenient but misplaced category of knocking "dissenting opinions." I'd be arguing with myself otherwise. ;) My point is that some of the criticism has moved into classless swipes and that is unfortunate.

It really doesn't matter what the future status of Ward was vs. Grahame but the fact that when both were back-ups they got hung out to dry and it's hard to overlook. The bottom line is that, as I've written before, Grahame didn't get the job done when he had his chance. His career in the NHL is teetering so whether through his play or his attitude he is paying the price. Some need to just leave it at that instead of acting like the Canes' future depends on him getting claimed. I personally hope he gets claimed but if he doesn't, there are much bigger issues to worry about on this team.

I'm sorry for jumping on you. Wasn't my intention, I just wanted it to be clear that there are real reasons why people may not like him. And I think we agree on the main reasons (attitude, consistency and skill). And I don't believe for one second that our entire future hinges on whether he gets traded or not. Our future depends on if the entire team wants to up the bar and pull it together every night instead of some nights. And that is the bigger issue. I just want to get rid of some weak links (in all areas of play) so that we free up roster space for someone who has the potential to help like Samsonov has done so far. Again, sorry. There are some people out there who don't want to hear anything bad about their favorite players, including Grahame. I have to hear it all the time about Tanabe and Commodore and I can usually agree. Then there are those who won't concede no matter how much fact you show them. Forgive me? :blush:

You have to wonder if JR was feeling that having Leighton playing up here, his skill was not continuing to improve. It is very difficult as a goalie in this league to really improve without quality playing time. Having Leighton up here this year could be an overall detriment to the goal tending depth we desperatley need right now. If crumbs clears re-entry (I love saying that - sounds like I work for NASA or something - lol!) then Leighton can go back to Albany and get the quality playing time he needs for the remainder of this season. Next year he would be ready to compete for a roster spot. JMO

Ok, I can handle that. How about we get Stormy to train with Cam Ward on his nutrition and then with Roddy with the weight-training; he'd be the perfect pig!

Then I was thinking that the Storm Squard is going to have to bulk up some, they're too skinny. I am appointing you co-captain, so this is your duty, can you handle it?

Aw, do I hafta work with the Storm Squad? They refuse to take off their storm shades and they keep trying to catapult t-shirts at me. :( What if I tie a puck to my skates and make the Mighty Mites chase me instead? :lol:

Aw, do I hafta work with the Storm Squad? They refuse to take off their storm shades and they keep trying to catapult t-shirts at me. :( What if I tie a puck to my skates and make the Mighty Mites chase me instead? :lol:

Well then we must find someone who can deal with the Storm Squad, that is your other task, along with your brilliant idea of tying a puck to your skates and conditioning the Mighty Mites.. they need it, so I hear..

Yeah, I figured after I had thrown a few punches towards John Grahame that I could try and lighten the mood. I know how much we all like to keep the boards drama free. :)

Well then we must find someone who can deal with the Storm Squad, that is your other task, along with your brilliant idea of tying a puck to your skates and conditioning the Mighty Mites.. they need it, so I hear..

You know, John Grahame might enjoy working with the Storm Squad. He has a soft spot for the ladies, so I hear... :lol: