The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
pilige

Grahmne on Re-entry Waivers/Recall

You know, John Grahame might enjoy working with the Storm Squad. He has a soft spot for the ladies, so I hear... :lol:

AHA! So, This is brilliant. Heather, KOTC, you are now free from having to train John Grahame for we have found him a new position! CanesGrrl, you are a fast worker! Nice Job! :lol: Now if only those Mites could take a speed skating class..

According to Article 13.2B Leighton will not have to clear waivers going down as he hasn't played 10 NHL games since last clearing waivers. Now since he didn't have to clear waivers coming up, not sure if the same rule applies, but from what I'm gathering, he will not have to hit the waiver wire to be sent back to Albany.

So, maybe, JR is doing this so Leighton can play in the AHL All Star game. The rules for that is Leighton will have to play in atleast 2 AHL games in order to participate in the All star game since being called up. They send him down Tomorrow, he plays in 2 games for Albany and he gets to go to the all star game.

We don't have any games after tomorrow, so you start Cam tomorrow, put Grahame on the bench, then after the all star break you put Grahame back on Waivers and send him back down.

Excellent! Look how much we've amused ourselves while we wait for noon to strike! :lol:

Hmm, thanks for that info colesylarosefan.....that actually makes a lot of sense if that is indeed what JR is doing here. It also puts out feelers on whether anyone is interested in Grahame as well, no?

I'm sorry for jumping on you. Wasn't my intention, I just wanted it to be clear that there are real reasons why people may not like him. And I think we agree on the main reasons (attitude, consistency and skill). And I don't believe for one second that our entire future hinges on whether he gets traded or not. Our future depends on if the entire team wants to up the bar and pull it together every night instead of some nights. And that is the bigger issue. I just want to get rid of some weak links (in all areas of play) so that we free up roster space for someone who has the potential to help like Samsonov has done so far. Again, sorry. There are some people out there who don't want to hear anything bad about their favorite players, including Grahame. I have to hear it all the time about Tanabe and Commodore and I can usually agree. Then there are those who won't concede no matter how much fact you show them. Forgive me? :blush:

No worries. I didn't take your response as such and my comments weren't specifically directed at you but more general commentary about some people's Grahame = Satan (not Miro) outlook. ;)

10 minutes, people! 10 minutes! Could everyone please clear the landing strip to prepare for the re-entry of John Grahame. I repeat, clear the landing strip! Please make sure that you are aware of the emergency procedures in case of a fiery crash landing. :lol:

Yeah, I figured after I had thrown a few punches towards John Grahame that I could try and lighten the mood. I know how much we all like to keep the boards drama free. :)

Good call.

Though I'd call it more of switching tracks to avoid a major train wreck of a thread rather than a derailment. :P

I've started reading some things about that this morning, Colesylarosefan. Not sure if it applies or not. Plus, if Leighton is sent down for the ASG, will he have to go thru waivers on the way up the next time?

5 more minutes and maybe we'll know a little more!

I hope it is one of the mind games and trying to be politically correct JR is playing.

Please, someone, claim him.

i agree, it wouldn't really be nice of him to just say "anyone want a goalie, please......please...anybody?"

why is his nickname crackers? always wondered that.

i agree, it wouldn't really be nice of him to just say "anyone want a goalie, please......please...anybody?"

Because his last name is Grahame. Grahame Crackers. Get it? :)

Grahame crackers...get it?

LOL, I type too slow :blush:

Grahame crackers...get it?

LOL, I type too slow :blush:

Good call.

Though I'd call it more of switching tracks to avoid a major train wreck of a thread rather than a derailment. :P

I've started reading some things about that this morning, Colesylarosefan. Not sure if it applies or not. Plus, if Leighton is sent down for the ASG, will he have to go thru waivers on the way up the next time?

5 more minutes and maybe we'll know a little more!

I don't think so b/c the reason he didn't have to clear on the way up before was b/c he wasn't making $100,000 at the AHL level or something crazy like that.

I don't think so b/c the reason he didn't have to clear on the way up before was b/c he wasn't making $100,000 at the AHL level or something crazy like that.

Okay, that's good, then. That's something I haven't seen talked about at all. Everyone is just worried about whether he can be sent down, not what happens after that.

Well, at least JR has the means to find out all these little details so he can be sure before he makes any moves. So we'll just have to keep waiting and watching anxiously.

leighton has a 2-way contract which means he can go AHL or NHL without clearing waivers. grahames is only a 1-way which means if he is sent down or called up, other teams have a chance of picking him up on waivers. but anyone have some news on his status now?

leighton has a 2-way contract which means he can go AHL or NHL without clearing waivers. grahames is only a 1-way which means if he is sent down or called up, other teams have a chance of picking him up on waivers. but anyone have some news on his status now?

it is a two way. but still has to clear i think!

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nhl&id=2951933' target="_blank">http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?sectio...&id=2951933[/post]

I second that one Pilige

Thats why you dont look at GAA when you gauge goalies. .912 SV% says he's stopping over 9 of 10 shots. Which means he was taking 30-40 shots a game and more then likely was getting peppered.

^^If we hear nothing before then, I'm sure John Or tripp will mention something during the game...

Yeah, I'm sure we'll hear all the details about everything then. Like even where JG ate last night. :lol:

ok, so i've looked up some of these rules about the clearing of waivers. pretty confusing stuff, i might be even a little dumber now that i've researched it, glad to know im not dealing with all these little rules. man, all this stuff is so much easier in nhl '08.