The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
pilige

Grahmne on Re-entry Waivers/Recall

well, its too late for those teams unless we send him right back down again and call him up

we could... Samsonov went twice on re-entry.

Besides, Eklund can't be trusted. He came up with this stuff drinking morning coffee.

well, its too late for those teams unless we send him right back down again and call him up

Unless my memory serves me incorrectly he doesn't have to be called up after he clears re-entry waivers, he could still be staying in Albany and placed on them again if JR felt like it.

Unless my memory serves me incorrectly he doesn't have to be called up after he clears re-entry waivers, he could still be staying in Albany.

yep, they could keep him there. No reason to waste money on plane tickets.

So, to be sure I am understanding, just because we put him on re-entry doesn't mean we will be bringing him here? Can he still play for the Rats then?

So, to be sure I am understanding, just because we put him on re-entry doesn't mean we will be bringing him here? Can he still play for the Rats then?

you are correct, re-entry just allows us to unload him on someone. if memory is correct, sammy kept playing in the ahl until we claimed him.

you are correct, re-entry just allows us to unload him on someone. if memory is correct, sammy kept playing in the ahl until we claimed him.

Thanks and then, one more question if you don't mind!

So now it's past noon, can someone still claim him or how would that all work now?

Thanks and then, one more question if you don't mind!

So now it's past noon, can someone still claim him or how would that all work now?

He can't be claimed on that set of waivers. He could be placed on them again if someone wanted to claim him though.

Got it, thank you! I wasn't very clear on how the waiver process worked and I knew Sergei was on and off before we claimed him.

Thanks again everyone!

when someone is place on re-entry waivers it is not an indefinite thing, there is a deadline. that is where noon tomorrow comes in.

see i know what im talkin about. he ended up not clearing after all. ;)

This is the worst day of my life. Well not the worst. But the worst day this year so far.

I plan on taking a sign showing my feelings on this situation to the game tomorrow. I swear if he starts.....

according to Luke he did clear and will be back with the Canes tomorrow.

I am not understanding this at all.

Why would the Canes carry three goalies? Does this mean that Leighton is going back to Albany? That Cam is getting a major wake-up call?

It's been posted that Chuck K. said after today's game Leights will be headed back to Albany and he will play in the AHL All Star game.

Wow .....another 10 pages of just beating up on this guy and really has leighton really proven himself yet? Yeah, Grahame wasn't that great or lets put it this way not as good as he thought he was but has his replacement earned the praise yet?

Wow .....another 10 pages of just beating up on this guy and really has leighton really proven himself yet? Yeah, Grahame wasn't that great or lets put it this way not as good as he thought he was but has his replacement earned the praise yet?

Leights didn't even get a chance to "prove" himself. That is part of the upset with this.