The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
pilige

Grahmne on Re-entry Waivers/Recall

Wow .....another 10 pages of just beating up on this guy and really has leighton really proven himself yet? Yeah, Grahame wasn't that great or lets put it this way not as good as he thought he was but has his replacement earned the praise yet?

I think most people are just frustrated that we've had him for awhile and that he's never completely fit this system. He has had a few moments where we've thought, "Ok, this might be what we've waited for," but overall his attitude, skills and consistency have been a problem time and time again. It seems pretty obvious that we've tried to unload him on several occasions, but no one wants him. So the frustration comes from being stuck with someone who holds a roster spot when that spot could be used on giving someone else a chance (i.e. Leighton). Watching Leighton from the beginning of this season, I think he has a lot of potential to be our back-up. He might need a little more AHL seasoning, yes. But I think some of us think that at this point anything would be better than keeping John Grahame.

Well, if Cam is going to be number 1 and play most of the remaining games, it might not hurt to have Grahame warming the bench while Leighton get more playing time in the AHL. I think its a pretty safe bet that Grahamme won't be back next year.

I think Grahame is a great goalie, but he needed more time in the AHL. Unfortunately (Well, not entirely unfortunate) Leights is starting the AHL All-Star game. So we were bringing Grahame back anyways.

I think Grahame is a great goalie, but he needed more time in the AHL. Unfortunately (Well, not entirely unfortunate) Leights is starting the AHL All-Star game. So we were bringing Grahame back anyways.

In a way, I see that as the silver lining. For as bad as I want to see Leighton playing up here, I would never want to take away the honor of being the starting goalie in the AHL All-Star game. He deserves it and should be down there playing for now so that he can be eligible to be in the game.

I'll just gag if we bring Grahame back up here...I can see it now in his first game back..."5-0 loss...Grahame gives up 4 on 11 shots" or something like that. He wasn't healthy for our locker room...like a virus that brought everybody down...including the fanbase.

during the game, Tripp said the Graham would be coming back to Carolina and Leits back to AHL?

Yep, Leighton's starting the AHL All-Star game and Grahame's supposedly starting tomorrow.

I'll just gag if we bring Grahame back up here...I can see it now in his first game back..."5-0 loss...Grahame gives up 4 on 11 shots" or something like that. He wasn't healthy for our locker room...like a virus that brought everybody down...including the fanbase.

Amen. "The logo on the front is a hell of a lot more than the name on the back" is NOT JG's slogan...you can tell by the way he acts.

And Frog, who said JG is starting tomorrow?

I wouldn't mind starting Grahame. Cam doesn't have a good record with starting both games in a back-to-back, and it'll give us a chance to see what Grahame has learned in the AHL and if the team can FINALLY show up in front of him.

Grahame was great in AHL, surely he is a much better goaltender now. :rolleyes:

But the best part - we have 11 pages in this thread already.... Wow... just Wow...

I wouldn't mind starting Grahame. Cam doesn't have a good record with starting both games in a back-to-back, and it'll give us a chance to see what Grahame has learned in the AHL and if the team can FINALLY show up in front of him.

No. We need to ride Cam at this point. Especially if Grahame is our other option. We need to win all games, no need to go taking "Will the guys play in front of Grahame tonight" gambles.

No. We need to ride Cam at this point. Especially if Grahame is our other option. We need to win all games, no need to go taking "Will the guys play in front of Grahame tonight" gambles.

If we need to win all games, why put out a tired goaltender against an angry team? Why not start a goaltender who's got something to prove?

If we need to win all games, why put out a tired goaltender against an angry team? Why not start a goaltender who's got something to prove?

He had something to prove getting sent down. How many times did people say "Grahame has something to prove here"

I believe they said that before the Buffalo game as a matter of fact. Let Cam play.

I hope this is just so Leighton can start the AHL allstar game, then he comes back and grahame is sent down.

I;d be surprised if the canes care enough about the AHL all-star game, and just send him down so he can play it, sounds kinda foolish. If Grahame gets the next start over Leighton, not sure what to say.

Because he's had something to prove for a long time and he lets us down each time. Just a thought. ;)

I'm telling you guys, let's put Stormy in. After his weight training with Brindy and his fruits and veggies training with Cam, of course! :lol:

He had something to prove getting sent down. How many times did people say "Grahame has something to prove here"

I believe they said that before the Buffalo game as a matter of fact. Let Cam play.

I'm actually more inclined to let Grahame start because of Cam's record of starting back-to-backs.

Last season, he wins 6-2 against Washington on Friday, loses 7-3 against Washington on Saturday.

Could easily be a repeat of that situtation.

With Ward starting this afternoon, should Grahame start tomorrow night? I know the answer before I ask, but I usually like not having the same goalie start back-to-backs.