The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
dg72383

Will we play Anaheim next season??

Can you guys help me figure this out? I'm planning a trip to SoCal and I have a lot of options about when to go I was just wondering if we would be playing over there at any point during next season or do we even know that info at this point? Thanks

There is no info at this point but the schedule is suppose to change next season and we will play a home and an away with every team in the Western Conference. The schedule will not be announced until July 1st.

Yes we will play the Ducks next-this year..we play every western team once,our division 6x and the rest of the east 4x...

Thanks for the quick info! So I guess they decided to change the schedule then. I think that is great news

There is no info at this point but the schedule is suppose to change next season and we will play a home and an away with every team in the Western Conference. The schedule will not be announced until July 1st.
This is not correct! With the new schedule, we will play a home OR an away with each team in the Western Conference. However, we will also have three non-conference "at large" games meaning, for three of our Western Conference opponents, it will be one home and one away.

From tsn.ca when the schedule was approved:

The NHL has approved a scheduling format that will have each team play 24 divisional games, 40 in-conference matchups, 15 games against non-conference teams and three wild card games against out of conference teams.

6 games per team in your division: 3 home, 2 away (down from 8)

4 games per team in your conference: 2 home, 2 away (doesn't change)

15 games outside your conference: will play each Western conference team atleast once (either home or away)

3 wild card games: will be 3 teams from the West. For example if we play Anaheim in Anaheim, and they are selected as our wild card, we will also face Anaheim at home.

24 divisional games + 40 Conference games + 15 non conference + 3 wild cards = 82 games

This is not correct! With the new schedule, we will play a home OR an away with each team in the Western Conference. However, we will also have three non-conference "at large" games meaning, for three of our Western Conference opponents, it will be one home and one away.

No decision has been made as of yet, the NHLPA stated they were open to an 84 game season which would allow for a home and an away with everyone in the opposing conference.

The main rumor ive heard is that every team will play every other team at least once. Ive also heard that the NHL might be planning some changes to the divisions/conferences so we'll see. But both are just rumors I've heard so take em with a grain of salt.

The main rumor ive heard is that every team will play every other team at least once. Ive also heard that the NHL might be planning some changes to the divisions/conferences so we'll see. But both are just rumors I've heard so take em with a grain of salt.

The "play every team once" thing won't go into effect until 2009 or 2010. Remember we just played Anaheim last season here in Raleigh, and in our Cup year made a SoCal trip so we might be due for another next season...like a three-season turn-around. It's all confusing though, depending on when the schedule does in fact change and how it changes.

No decision has been made as of yet, the NHLPA stated they were open to an 84 game season which would allow for a home and an away with everyone in the opposing conference.

Wait?

NHL has made its' decision already. As far as NHL concerned schedule will be changed as outlined in posts above. Does NHLPA has to aprove it as well?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=223975&hubname=nhl''>http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=223975&hubname=nhl' target="_blank">http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=223975&hubname=nhl[/post]

The "play every team once" thing won't go into effect until 2009 or 2010.

Not true... TSN article says the change is for the next season - 08-09.

EDIT: ANd here is the link to the NHL web site: http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?articleid=344951&page=NewsPage&service=page' target="_blank">http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?articleid=34495...mp;service=page[/post]

Either home or away i think, not both