The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac-97

Who would bring us the most value

I hope we never tade Cole, he means to much to THIS team, he's one of the fastest skaters in the NHL we all saw that last night, and right now him Roddy and Sergei are looking really good togeather on a line and we dont need to fix something thats not broken so trading Cole, I think, is not worth it for any defenseman or forward, he's really been stepping his game up of lately and yet after two incidents with his neck he still continues to drive to the net on breakway's that scares the crap out of me at least, but he doesnt care he gives 110% every game. I hope he retire's here!!!

cole might be the most value but look where your problems lie within the team try to pick out the weeds so you will have a nice lawn that will grow good together not apart. i think move d-men first if your going move anyone else but who knows whats going to happen and when. even if if cole gets gone someone else will fill in people will forget and move on :blink:

Since everyone seems to want to keep Cole, trade Kaberle, and still somehow acquire a solid defensive defenseman; what are everyone's suggestions for what we trade to acquire that defenseman? Outside of Sutter, I doubt there is one single prospect that could be packaged with Kaberle to make a deal remotely possible. If we want Kaberle to be part of the deal, it will likely take a couple of high-end prospects (Carson, Bowman, etc.) and a first-round draft pick to make any team listen.

Well it seems to be a toss up between Cory Stillman and Erik Cole. I think I'll sit on the fence and say that depending on the situation one could bring more value than the other. LOL

If there is a team on the brink of making the playoffs and / or rebuilding and is looking for a younger player with speed then definitely Cole.

If there is a serious Stanley Cup contender looking for a clutch goal scorer and playmaker then Cory Stillman. How could you pass up a guy that's won the Stanley Cup the last two years his team has been in the playoffs. Kinda like a good luck charm. LOL

Having said that maybe the latter would bring more value.

This is a tough question when you add value. Lots of things these guys do are not measured on the score sheet, I think I would dump Kabs or Commie. Keep Cole & Stiller.. Rest can be trade bait if need for a stronger d...

As someone else said, JR should look at who already has other plans brewing in their minds. Those players should be the first ones we unload. You don't want to be here? Fine. We can get you a deal to go elsewhere. No hard feelings. If you want to stay, shape up and be willing to work with management in making a deal that best fits you and the organization.

I don't want to see Cole leave, but if he wanted to go then he would be great trade bait. Same with Stiller. If they honestly want to stay here in Carolina then they have to step it up to make sure JR has no reason to trade them off, regardless of the situation the team is in points wise.

But I agree with unloading those players that don't want to stay anyway. It's bad chemistry when someone is just playing to get to the end of a season to be traded away instead of playing with the intent of being resigned and kept on by management. We've seen how that can work out.

So, Cole and Stiller, IMO.

I don't think trading Cole would be logical. Sure he would attract a fair amount of teams but it really depends on who we want to get in return that would help decide who we WOULD trade. You also have to consider the fact there are different kinds of players: Power fowards, Playmakers, Snipers and so on which would factor in on trades.

Cole is a skilled player and when he's in the game he is amazing. Plus he seems to do well with Staal, Brindy, Whitney, Sammy, and Stillman. Although it is a little too early to be certain about Sammy but so far they look good together.

Even if we get a good player that doesn't mean crap if he doesnt have synergy with our team.

Oh well, my opinion.

This is not about logic as it is which player would get us the most in return.

Since everyone seems to want to keep Cole, trade Kaberle, and still somehow acquire a solid defensive defenseman; what are everyone's suggestions for what we trade to acquire that defenseman? Outside of Sutter, I doubt there is one single prospect that could be packaged with Kaberle to make a deal remotely possible. If we want Kaberle to be part of the deal, it will likely take a couple of high-end prospects (Carson, Bowman, etc.) and a first-round draft pick to make any team listen.

This poll isn't about "who should we trade?" and no one wants Kaberle or he would have already been gone. I think we are all in agreement of what the team needs but you have to give up something to get what you want. If we give up Kaberle we just might get a bag of pucks but if we give up Cole then we might get Liles!!

Out of this poll, Cole and Kabs pop out to me.

But for Colesy it depends who we get..

so for the most part I would say Frank.

but as i see it Frank has a fraction of Cole's value and we don't need a fraction on D.

What would dealing Cole do to the chemistry in the locker room? I personally do not favor messing with the forwards right now. We need the addition of a lock-down D-man without weakening our first three lines IMNSHO.

You have to trade something to get something. Trading Lewtowski or as we saw with Adams, you don't get what you want. Usually we would trade someone like Commodore if we were heading no where but we could be in post season and I can see Commodore being traded since I really doubt he will be here next year. I like him and a fan favorite but I have been a fan long enough to see fan favorties traded and the team and area survive.

Case in point: You don't see a lot of Irbe sweaters in the crowd anymore and I would guess there were more Irbe sweaters in the crowd in 2001-2002 than any other player.

well i also hate myself now for voting for Erik Cole, but i think if we trade him we could get 2 or 1 Fast, soft hands player, with great vison and creativity. Im thinking of Pavel Datsyuk, but that would never happen, so get someone in Detroit? Ottawa? Vancouver? IDK but somewhere there (Id Look someone in Detroit) IMO

well i also hate myself now for voting for Erik Cole, but i think if we trade him we could get 2 or 1 Fast, soft hands player, with great vison and creativity. Im thinking of Pavel Datsyuk, but that would never happen, so get someone in Detroit? Ottawa? Vancouver? IDK but somewhere there (Id Look someone in Detroit) IMO

Offensively, Detroit's got Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Holmstrom. That's about it. If you want a forward, Vancouver's not the place to look. JR's already confirmed that Cole will NOT be heading to Ottawa.

Vancouver's a viable option if we wanna get a defenseman. They've got Bieksa (who's injured right now, and probably won't be the same afterwards. That was a BAD injury), Ohlund (little too old), and Luc Bourdon in their prospect line. I don't want Cole going to Vancouver, seeing as how I hate the Canucks, but it wouldn't surprise me if we made a deal with them.

Offensively, Detroit's got Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Holmstrom. That's about it. If you want a forward, Vancouver's not the place to look. JR's already confirmed that Cole will NOT be heading to Ottawa.

Vancouver's a viable option if we wanna get a defenseman. They've got Bieksa (who's injured right now, and probably won't be the same afterwards. That was a BAD injury), Ohlund (little too old), and Luc Bourdon in their prospect line. I don't want Cole going to Vancouver, seeing as how I hate the Canucks, but it wouldn't surprise me if we made a deal with them.

actually Detorit has more than their explosive line of Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Holmstrom,

They have one of the most underrated players is Valtteri Filppula.

but we could get some players out of Detroit: (Ive seen em play when i go back up to Detroit to watch them.)

Cleary, Dallas Drake, Draper, Franzen, Hudler, Kopecky, Kronwall(D-man), Lebda(D-man), Lilja(D-man), Sameulsson.

Any of those?? and maybe Brian Rafalski? idk. but any of those woudl help. :huh:

This is not about logic as it is which player would get us the most in return.

No it isn't logical because of what he has to offer for us as a team and what he brings to the lineup. Why don't we say how much Staal would bring us alot of trade value? He's really good. Lets just trade him. I'm sure he would be great trade bait :rolleyes:

BTW, nice triple post C97.