The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
I95Caniac

Value Added Canes

This would be great if we just paid guys to put up points...

Preety sure theres a tad more to hockey then the points, like the preventing of points....

It is sorta interesting...but mainly useful for guys who are one-dimensional forwards. I wonder if someone could get some stats, like i saw once earlier this year, points/per time on the ice and goals per time on the ice. You'd be surprised at the ranks.

This would be great if we just paid guys to put up points...

Preety sure theres a tad more to hockey then the points, like the preventing of points....

Yeah, especially for the D. If I find "too much time on my hands" again, maybe I can do the D with +/- and blocked shots (or all the guys).

It is sorta interesting...but mainly useful for guys who are one-dimensional forwards. I wonder if someone could get some stats, like i saw once earlier this year, points/per time on the ice and goals per time on the ice. You'd be surprised at the ranks.

That's an interesting point. Just speaking in broad, GENERAL terms though, we pay forwards to set-up and score, and defensemen to prevent goals. If you look closely though, you'll notice a lot of the top values are guys that don't get as much ice time as the 1st line!

I guess the point of putting that together was that when someone says, "Oh, we can't afford to pay so-and-so "x" amount of money or we shouldn't pay more than "X", they might want to take a closer look at what they might get for the $$. On the other hand, some guys are making a LOT of money for what they are producing.

based on letowski's points and plus/minus, other teams should be paying us for putting him on the ice.

Letowski also averages like 8 minutes a game and most of his time is on the PK.

Yeah, especially for the D. If I find "too much time on my hands" again, maybe I can do the D with +/- and blocked shots (or all the guys).

That's an interesting point. Just speaking in broad, GENERAL terms though, we pay forwards to set-up and score, and defensemen to prevent goals. If you look closely though, you'll notice a lot of the top values are guys that don't get as much ice time as the 1st line!

I guess the point of putting that together was that when someone says, "Oh, we can't afford to pay so-and-so "x" amount of money or we shouldn't pay more than "X", they might want to take a closer look at what they might get for the $$. On the other hand, some guys are making a LOT of money for what they are producing.

I say you look at the cost of player per game maybe breakdown TOI. Then you analyze the production per game (offense/defense). How many games did a forward have with no points...etc.