The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
canesfan33

Props to the staff at the RBC Center

before i saw the section # i was going to ask if this was in sec 304. thats where i sit. i was just a few rows behind you and that annoying drunk couple! that women was making my ears hurt. glad you were taking care of though!

I was going to ask if it was 314 as there was an usher at the end of our row with a mop cleaning up a mess. It is neat how the RBC employees get to know the STH's and always make you feel right at home in the RBC.

i think that the problem with whoever we have in goal on the north end might be the woman in section 111 (down low...maybe row c?) who NEVER stops SCREAMING ("light the lamp...light the laaaaaaaamp???") the ENTIRE game. i am all for cheering on our team, but my head was actually about to explode. and i wasn't even in front of her. please, for the sake of your neighbors, give it a tiny rest! (and stand up when the rest of the RBC center does if you want to see whats happening at the other end.....don't hate on us!) ;)

and no, she wasn't drinking......i mean, even the squeegie guys in the tunnel were jokingly shushing her at one point.

(btw, double props to the center's employees for taking care of your situation!!!)

I felt like this story couldn't go without being told. I was fortunate enough to have a drunk couple behind me at the game last night. They were being extremely disruptive & we finally had enough when they spilled beer all under our chairs & all over our stuff under our chairs, so we went & told our usher. The first thing she did was apologize & then ask if we were STHers, which we are. I was just expecting her to get someone to clean up the mess & security to have a chat with the drunk fans. However, she called over her supervisor & before we knew it, not only did they send security, but they came & upgraded us to the mezzanine for the remaining 2 periods of the game. The supervisor, Suzanne I believe, came to check on us several times during the game. What these 2 ladies did is why I don't mind giving my money to be a STHer. The RBC Center does a good job of making you feel like they care about your business, something that a lot of arenas & stadiums don't do. If any of you know Suzanne or the usher, Lynne, outside of 304, I just want to comment on how well they do their jobs & treat their customers. I plan to send them both thank you notes for their actions.

I love being in 304, but I know the girl you are talking about. We were all commenting on it! The more she drinks, the louder she gets! I hope to heck she is NOT a STH!

They are great there! During the Jersey game, there was some girl and her friend sitting two rows behind us. The two girls were screaming as if they were getting chased by Leather Face or Jason Vorhees through the woods. Like the rest of you, I'm all for cheering on our team, but when you are screaming like you are being murdered, to me that is excessive. Most people in our section were looking at them and neither cared. I guess she was really mad at me for complaining cause she apparently was waiting for me to leave and was wanting to start something, so I went in the other directions. I'm not gonna be the one getting kicked out! :) How stupid can you be?

The security and all were very nice and took care of the problem. I love the people who work at the RBC Center. When you are a STH, you get to know a lot of people there.

great story! Judy and Suzanne helped me and mom at a game because we were sitting in between very annoying "fans" a awhile back. mom was starting to loose what patience she has so we went to get different seats or else she was going to punch someone. the staff not only got us different seats. they watched over us the rest of the game and we were able to enjoy what was left of it.

I felt like this story couldn't go without being told. I was fortunate enough to have a drunk couple behind me at the game last night. They were being extremely disruptive & we finally had enough when they spilled beer all under our chairs & all over our stuff under our chairs, so we went & told our usher. The first thing she did was apologize & then ask if we were STHers, which we are. I was just expecting her to get someone to clean up the mess & security to have a chat with the drunk fans. However, she called over her supervisor & before we knew it, not only did they send security, but they came & upgraded us to the mezzanine for the remaining 2 periods of the game. The supervisor, Suzanne I believe, came to check on us several times during the game. What these 2 ladies did is why I don't mind giving my money to be a STHer. The RBC Cen!ter does a good job of making you feel like they care about your business, something that a lot of arenas & stadiums don't do. If any of you know Suzanne or the usher, Lynne, outside of 304, I just want to comment on how well they do their jobs & treat their customers. I plan to send them both thank you notes for their actions.

I would like to thank you for this kind note that you have written about me and my usher Lynne. She was the one who brought this problem to my attention and I was more than happy to be able to help you. This is what our jobs are all about. I thoroughly enjoy my job and the people at the RBC Center. Our bosses always hear about the things that go wrong at the arena but not many write about all the good things that the staff does. This is part of what makes our jobs worth while and satisfying, knowing we have made your trip to our arena a fun and memorable time. Thanks again and if there is anything else we can do for you, never hesitate to ask. Dave and Larry like to know we are doing a good job and I am sure would like to read this too! See you next time. Go Canes! Susanne