The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
rpope4

Playoff schedule...I know its early

but is there any place online that has a general idea of when the playoffs will take place? im a die hard canes fan that goes to college in tennessee and was trying to get an idea on any dates or whatnot. im sure its too early to say but i was wondering if nhl.com or any place had anything. thanks in advance

The actual schedule won't be posted until April in all likelihood, but normally the first round will begin a couple of days after the end of the regular season.

The Hurricanes last regular season game is Friday April 4th, so my guess would be their first round matchup would begin that Monday the 7th. Somewhere around then anyway.

but is there any place online that has a general idea of when the playoffs will take place? im a die hard canes fan that goes to college in tennessee and was trying to get an idea on any dates or whatnot. im sure its too early to say but i was wondering if nhl.com or any place had anything. thanks in advance

The playoffs begin a minimum of 3 days after the last regular season game in the league....this year(just like last year) there are regular season games on Sunday April 6......the earliest potential playoff games will be Wednesday April 9.....if the Canes make it, it has nothing to do with the last game they play(Friday April 4) but arena availability for al teams and TV arrangements. If they are in expect them to have a game either home or on the road that Wed or Thur.

The scheduke will not be announced until after that Sunday however....too many variables league wide.

In the words of a former NFL Coach:

"Playoffs? (smirk), PLAYOFFS? Are you kidding me? Don't talk to me about playoffs!"

:) we'll see....

Everytime I hear that word ("playoffs"), I can't get that Jim Mora rant out of my head. That has to be one of the funniest 'coach at the press conference' remarks ever...! :D

According to tsn.ca the first playoff game will be Wednesday April 9. Should the Canes actually make the playoffs, your guess is as good as mine if they'd play the 9th or 10th or even 11th and then alternate days after that.