The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
one-timer

Why the first period was needed vs the Rags

Actually, Mark Staal sorta' attacked him first then Avery jumped in. I thought Avery was the third-man-in and Gleason was protecting Walker, which made him the fourth-man-in.

Since Gleason was ejected, Avery should had been ejected as well. But the refs, (Especially #30), did not see it that way. I was glad to see Brookbank finally step in and take Orr, the second time anyway, and that put the cap on the situation.

After one of the most exciting 1st periods the Cane's have had this year, fire was in their eyes and THAT'S why we won. The Cane's need to keep that feeling and just keep shooting, shooting, and shooting!

Way to go Cane's!

I agree it was very important for the Canes to come out and do what they did in the first period. Good for them. With Adams gone, I can only speculate that Wade will be up for the rest of the season.

Actually, Mark Staal sorta' attacked him first then Avery jumped in... I was glad to see Brookbank finally step in and take Orr, the second time anyway, and that put the cap on the situation.

It was Avery who went after Walker first, then Marc Staal came in but didn't really do anything. Gleason was throwing punches thus the third man in call. And regarding the second Orr fight, Brookbank didn't "take" anyone. Orr stepped down on his stick and fell. Even if you call it a takedown for Brookbank he didn't "take" Orr. Orr tagged him with a couple huge rights in the first bout and his eye was swollen up pretty bad when they showed him in the box. Props to him for being brave enough to go at Orr a second time but it was a draw and nothing more.

I wish the refs would have let Walker and Avery have a good go at the beginning. They jumped in too quick. I know they were going to have a tight reign on things, but letting them go might have gotten it out of their system a little. The fans would have gone wild ( they did anyway). This led to the other Avery fight. The way Brookbank/Orr I went, Brookbank/Orr II was inevitable. Brookbank lost the first and had to show face. It was great to see we can do that when needed. The fact that we can may make some teams pay attention and not push us around.

Brookbank's eye didn't look too bad today at the pregame skate, at least from about 40 ft away.