The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  

How would you rate your experience going to the Cane's games?

I like this idea. At Red Sox games in Fenway Park, they have each player one-by-one up on the huge jumbotron reciting each etiquette rule of the ball park. Having the players say it gets people's attention...unless of course they're STH's and are there at every home game and its old news.

I agree. I'm otherwise happy with the RBC Center experience.

My only gripe is I bought a parking pass and we are not recognized by the goons doing the parking as PPass holders and get the same treatment or mistreatment as the $8 pay as you go crowd. Just doesn't seem the way to "reward" people who buy PPasses in advance.

Shoulda read through the others before I replied.

I get a good bar-b-cue sandwich before every game. OK that's boring but I'm old and like the same routine. I had kids and will not eat a fast food burger again in this lifetime if I can help it. Going to the Canes games has saved my marriage. TCISW has NEVER asked to leave because "we know who's going to win." The show ain't over until the 3 (Canes) stars of the game come out and take a bow.

I miss my adjacent STH if they aren't at a game. And being 24 planners, we started taking advantage of the $10 seats on off nights. Don't tell anybody but we sneak into "our" section at the first period break.

I appreciate the opportunity to provide personal feedback. I am a season-ticket holder but have only been here since the lockout so I'm a relatively new Canes fan. I

I'm a STH in the upper deck. Occasionally, I take a friend who is in a wheel chair. The problem I have is that there does not seem to be a good way to get handicap seating for him ahead of time unless I buy extra tickets to the game. I can exchange the tickets that night, but if I don't get there early enough (be waiting at the door when it opens), I'm not getting a wheel chair seat. It took several tries for the ticket rep to finally get me a seat. I would like to see a policy that allows STH to have 2-3 advance handicap exchanges for a game in advance. I know, not a common situation....but the night it happened I was faced with leaving before the game started because I couldn't get the exchange done...something I tried to do a week in advance.

Michael. I have a friend who is in a wheelchair also. Call Karen and she can email you a sheet that you fill out and fax in with any special needs, such as handicapped seating. I've had to do this a lot and have always been able to get seats at my STH rate.

My only gripe is I bought a parking pass and we are not recognized by the goons doing the parking as PPass holders and get the same treatment or mistreatment as the $8 pay as you go crowd. Just doesn't seem the way to "reward" people who buy PPasses in advance.

Wow, this is not my experience at all. Which gate are you entering? When my premier parking pass is displayed AND I enter at the correct gate, I sail right in. Moreover, there have been a few times I wanted to tailgate with friends outside of the parking pass designated area, and was told..."you can park where ever you want".

Nothing really negative as I have been a 24 game STH the past two years and have gotten to know some the ushers/vendors. As was mentioned above, the food selection in the Premire section isn't that diverse and when I have purchased discount tickets for the games not in my plan I usually back to by normal haunts.