The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
just-joe

Post-Game Analysis, Feb. 5th Cam Ward vs. Nashville Predators

okay okay okay, just watched the game again after recording it and as hard as I looked I can't fault Cam anymore. Blame me for disliking his play in earlier parts of the year, but Wesley should have scored early, that would have been big.

Good for you. Others could follow your lead and admit that maybe its possible that someone else saw something different than them, and just maybe they were mistaken. The whole purpose of this thread is to share different observations and opinions, and discuss the game. Ive changed my opinion of games several times after reading some posts and taking another look too.

BTW, Wesley actually had 2 good scoring chances ;)

Good for you. Others could follow your lead and admit that maybe its possible that someone else saw something different than them, and just maybe they were mistaken. The whole purpose of this thread is to share different observations and opinions, and discuss the game. Ive changed my opinion of games several times after reading some posts and taking another look too.

I second that

One thing that frustrates me the most about games like this is that the shutout will cause people to absolutely freak out and start demanding that we pick up more forwards to help out with the offensive side of the puck. No, that is not the case, that is not the need we have, that is a simple shortsighted fix that is the simple solution for the here and now. Yes, the offense has had its struggles, but once again it was a defensive miscue that led to our demise, and once again there was nothing Cam could do to stop it.

Its frustrating that even on nights when Cam looks to have regained his composure and play of the playoff run in 2006 that our defense still hangs him out to dry. I'm sorry, but I grow tired of watching our defenders pinch in and get themselves so far out of position that they leave the other dman on an island while the other team is skating with a 2 on 1 or a 3 on 1. In those cases, there is almost nothing Cam can do, and we just get beat. It happens every game.

So yes we may have had some offensive struggles last night, but lets not let it completely overshadow the real problem we've had with this team all season long, being the inept play of our defensive ranks. In fact, I think we'd see an improvement in both if we made a trade that helped thin out some of our forwards and helped bolster our defensive ranks (and not with an offensive minded d-man. I'm talking about a legit, stay at home and shut down the opposition d-man. offensive minded guys just don't work here in Carolina. See Ozolinsh, Markov, Teverdovsky, Kaberle, etc as examples... its just a recipe for frustration and disaster)

I had to give in. Cam played well, and as to how that pass got under Glen, I have no idea. Couldn't really find Cole on the back check at all, but Staal played very well, I would love to see him on a line with Samsonov, but with he and Brind'Amour gelling so well I know that won't happen.

I had to give in. Cam played well, and as to how that pass got under Glen, I have no idea. Couldn't really find Cole on the back check at all, but Staal played very well, I would love to see him on a line with Samsonov, but with he and Brind'Amour gelling so well I know that won't happen.

I wonder why Lavs woul;dn't try it,,Staal sure could be a winger for a few shifts (or even a complete game or 2) because we really need a fast & smart line..Anything at this point is worth a try.I'm sure Eric wouldn't mind if it gets them the win!!!

I wonder why Lavs woul;dn't try it,,Staal sure could be a winger for a few shifts (or even a complete game or 2) because we really need a fast & smart line..Anything at this point is worth a try.I'm sure Eric wouldn't mind if it gets them the win!!!

Um, did we forget that Cullen is out. Who do you suggest moves up to center Staal's line if you move him to wing? Hamilton, Letowski, and Aucoin are not the answer.

Um, did we forget that Cullen is out. Who do you suggest moves up to center Staal's line if you move him to wing? Hamilton, Letowski, and Aucoin are not the answer.

No i haven't forgotten but we have to try and do something at some point in time to try to get some wins.I would put Letowski or Aucoin up there if will help us get a few wins under our belt.Because what we are doing now sure isn't working..Alot of other teams really only have 2 very good lines,some rarely even play a 4th line. Like i said anything to get this team pointed in the right direction,,,anything!!

No i haven't forgotten but we have to try and do something at some point in time to try to get some wins.I would put Letowski or Aucoin up there if will help us get a few wins under our belt.Because what we are doing now sure isn't working..Alot of other teams really only have 2 very good lines,some rarely even play a 4th line. Like i said anything to get this team pointed in the right direction,,,anything!!

Yeah i agree something needs to be switched up right now because what we have now is not working at all.