The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniaczrule

Forsberg

Heck No.

Especially since there are reports he will only sign a long term contract. No thank you.

I think Sammy is filling in quite nicely while Williams recovers.

Heck No.

Especially since there are reports he will only sign a long term contract. No thank you.

I think Sammy is filling in quite nicely while Williams recovers.

I agree, he doesn't bring anything that we don't already have. We really need help on D so we don't need yet another forward.

I agree, he doesn't bring anything that we don't already have. We really need help on D so we don't need yet another forward.

Exactly!

Not like we don't have enough for our top 3 forward lines, anyway. Well, when all healthy. Which is another thing with Forsberg...

no..

our problem is D folks...

Come on the canes could add him to pad their man-games lost to injury numbers since a Forsberg injury is inevitable. That way management can continue the ruse that injuries were/are the problem this season, so unhappy fans could continue to blame the lack of success on on that, instead of management, coaching, the defense, goaltending or the other scape goats we here about all the time on the forums... I think it could be a truly brilliant move from a PR perspective ;)

Yeah of course we take him, any team can always use an old and quite expensive forward, who is very likely to sustain yet another injury and end up being a waste of the team's money. Another reason to get him is once we sign him, not only will we have no more cap room, but we'll have wasted the opportunity to address the team's real problem: defense!

(intense sarcasm)

No our problem is scoring. Can't win a game with 0 points... but can't win a game with them scoring continuously also. We need an even balance.

As to Forsberg... no.

No, the problem with us is that we let in way too many goals. There have been too many games this season where we've scored enough goals to win a game only to let in one more (*cough* 5-4 Toronto game *cough*)

No, the problem with us is that we let in way too many goals. There have been too many games this season where we've scored enough goals to win a game only to let in one more (*cough* 5-4 Toronto game *cough*)

I agree with ya on the "we let in too many goals" i'm not sure if Forsberg can play goalie but he can't do much worse!!!lol,,,,and i think you cough is getting contagious!! :o:o

as i listen to tonites game!!!

I have to agree with everything that has been said. Even if he could pass a physical, it is too risky to have him on the team due to his past with being injury prone. Unless we could make him an indestructable super suit, I think we need to pass. There are other great players with better luck with injuries than Forsberg. We should go for them instead of Forsberg.

Although, the SO would be happy if Forsberg were a Cane seeing as that is his favorite player. God, I'd never hear the end of it. I think he has a man crush. :lol:

although Forsberg has always been a good two-way player...he's extremely fragile, he'll break his wrist when he probably rolls out of bed. Lets thing realistically here though, Forsberg seems to be attracted to contending teams, cane shaven't proven that this year. He also seems to want to play with his buddies, in other words Swedes like Alfredsson, Naslund, etc, we barely have any Europeans on the canes.

Last but not least, we have no room for him. he ha splayed Center his whole career, he won't mvoe to win, I know Rod won't, doubt they would ask Staal too, and I don't think Cullen deserves to lose his ice-time caus ehe doesn'tget enough as it is.

So not only would i not go after Forsberg, I wouldn't go after any centers, we are good at that position for the next couple of years. Any center we draft, or prospect in the minors that wants to come up within the next few years probably needs to start learning to play the wing.

Ummmm NO! I don't think he would sign here he will prob be back in Philly IF he can come back. As stated in other threads Center is not really where we have issues unless we can move him to D :lol: