The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac247

Trade Winds Swirling

I would love for Gratts to make his way here. If we get him and Liles than I would have been right about 3 moves this season. I am not allowed to talk about the other one. ;)

good to hear they won't be dumping players.. that's all i was worried about

not yet... :rolleyes:

on the serious note... McGratton is garbage.... he isn't worth more than like 7th round pick. Liles.... I am afraid, other teams, who are interested in him, have better assets to give than Canes.

i dont see how we could even dump players, isn't our problem that we dont have enough guys. what are we gonna do? ask francis to un-retire so he can fill up our lines?

i dont see how we could even dump players, isn't our problem that we dont have enough guys. what are we gonna do? ask francis to un-retire so he can fill up our lines?

well all i've heard on these boards for the past month is how we need to get rid of Staal, Cole, Grahame etc..

well all i've heard on these boards for the past month is how we need to get rid of Staal, Cole, Grahame etc..

haha seriously, its a good thing i wasnt on this board the year after we lost to Detroit in the finals, i guess most people would have considered making 19 trades that year.

As for the forward they are only looking to give up a pick or prospect, so that won't affect the team.

As for the puck moving defenseman it'll probably be a Commodore, Gleason or Seidenberg plus. Yes that is dumping a player on Defense, but we will be getting a player on defense, so it kind of evens out.

As for the forward they are only looking to give up a pick or prospect, so that won't affect the team.

As for the puck moving defenseman it'll probably be a Commodore, Gleason or Seidenberg plus. Yes that is dumping a player on Defense, but we will be getting a player on defense, so it kind of evens out.

it better be a helluva player because those are our 3 top defensive and offensive defensemen so far this year plus their young.

maybe there is an easier way to do this, i say we call up shanny and pronger and ask if they wanna return to their old roots. Solves both our problems right there.

lol you guys are funny (in a good way)

to be serious on this thread for a moment, though... Our biggest need is defense and our biggest surplus is forwards...

Lets just say I wouldn't be surprised to see one of our big name forwards heading out of town to bring in a big name d-man... We can afford to give up one or two of our forwards, and lord knows we need some defensive help... And to be brutally honest, I could see something like that being a big blockbuster deal on both sides, with the potential of a Cole and Kaberle shipped somewhere for a team's top-line d-man and possibly a draft pick.

lol you guys are funny (in a good way)

to be serious on this thread for a moment, though... Our biggest need is defense and our biggest surplus is forwards...

Lets just say I wouldn't be surprised to see one of our big name forwards heading out of town to bring in a big name d-man... We can afford to give up one or two of our forwards, and lord knows we need some defensive help... And to be brutally honest, I could see something like that being a big blockbuster deal on both sides, with the potential of a Cole and Kaberle shipped somewhere for a team's top-line d-man and possibly a draft pick.

yeah i know we need a dmen very very bad. but we need a forward too. we need somebody to take willies spot with brindy. so walks, cullen and ladd can be back together ( who play awesome together)

i just cant see us trading our big forwards (staal and cole) just cause those names keep coming up. i really wish kabs wouldnt get traded, but i hate to say he's never been the same since his surgery last year. i definitely see us trading for some strong D-man. I doubt cullen will go just because we finally got him back, i really just dont see who our 'best trade offer' would be. letowski? ladd? i hate to see those go, especially with their play recently. im just glad its not me to decide who to give up.

I say if we do trade one of our D men we need to keep Casey up full time, he's really impressed me thus far, maybe he can become into an offensive defenseman down the road

I am impressed with Casey too! He is showing definite potential for our team. We definately need the help right now and we don't need to lose anyone either.

I'm sorry, I don't know what Eklund is smoking but there is no way we are trading away Eric Staal, not now with how good he is playing, unless we completely dismantle the other team for all their future draft picks like the Nords/Avalanche did to Philly with the Lindros trade.

Now if we were going to trade someone and expect to get something serious in return, I'm hedging my bets on Erik Cole. The guy still has a ton of skill, and he can throw his weight around when he needs to. But on the other hand, he's very injury prone and who knows how much longer he could last in the NHL before he's done. That hit in Florida earlier this year could have ended his career, and I hate to say this, but I'd rather get something good for him in return rather than have him get injured here and be stuck with his salary cutting into our cap in the future with nothing in return. And, of course, we could throw someone like Kaberle in to sweeten the deal so that a team would be more willing to part ways with a d-man.

I would be more likely be willing to believe what Ek said about Commodore first.

In no way shape or form do I ever believe that we're gonna trade Commodore this season unless we can get something REALLY good for him.

Why on earth would a division leader trade away one of the best players on the biggest weakness of the team? I don't get that, not at all. And JR has specifically said our biggest needs are a d-man and a tough player and Commodore brings both to the ice... why on EARTH would we make ourselves WEAKER in those areas?

Eric will be the future Captain of this team so Im like you I really dont think he's going anywhere. Im not to thrilled to trade Cole either, We see how our team plays when he's not in the line up, we lose alot of speed I mean how many penalty's a year does Cole cause by just his speed alone. Granted hes slipped this year and I think the injuries are gona always be in the back of his mind but the bad thing for us is he'll CONTINUE to use his speed and drive the net while all of us our on the edge of our seats, he's such a competitor and no jersey will change that for him so Id rather it be ours. Id like to see them both stay as I would Commy but this is a business.

Eric will be the future Captain of this team so Im like you I really dont think he's going anywhere. Im not to thrilled to trade Cole either, We see how our team plays when he's not in the line up, we lose alot of speed I mean how many penalty's a year does Cole cause by just his speed alone. Granted hes slipped this year and I think the injuries are gona always be in the back of his mind but the bad thing for us is he'll CONTINUE to use his speed and drive the net while all of us our on the edge of our seats, he's such a competitor and no jersey will change that for him so Id rather it be ours. Id like to see them both stay as I would Commy but this is a business.

Yes, I can understand that about Cole...

But at the same time, if giving him up would help us acquire a very good d-man who will anchor this team for many years in the future to give us more quality on the blue-line, then I'm for it. At this point, we're looking at having a big surplus of forwards and we're going to eventually NEED to make a trade just to free up some space so players like Sutter can have a roster spot in the future. And really, the only 2 players on offense right now that could give us the type of defensive player that would make it worth our while to even speak about a trade are Cole and Staal, and there is no way in hell we trade Staal before Cole.