The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac247

Trade Winds Swirling

...I'd perfer Liles, but then I've been a Liles fan for years, so I could just be bias.

I agree as I too am a Liles fan but it looks like Zidlicky is doing well for himself this year too. With 4G's and 25A's and only 39PIM's, he looks good to me.

Maybe he doesn't use his free hand as much! :lol:

And here they start:

Erik Cole to the Preds (e3)

I have been told repeatedly that the Nashville Predators will be buyers, and with a ton of cap space Erik Cole may on the radar. I am looking into it more as the day goes on here. Join Julie and me today at 4pm for our Talkcast.

Must say, Ek could be on to something. Preds have a glut of defenseman.

Cole for Licky + draft pick

I think we can get more than Licky or that draft pick better be like a 1st or 2nd, but I still think we can get more.

Licky plays defense like Kaberle, but has much better offensive output and is good for 45-50 points a season. He's locked up for the next 2 years at $3.5 Million which is probably intriguing to JR.

Its a comparable trade for salary, but if Nashville has the cap space, they need to take on Kaberle's $2.2 Million too :P

I think we can get more than Licky or that draft pick better be like a 1st or 2nd, but I still think we can get more.

Licky plays defense like Kaberle, but has much better offensive output and is good for 45-50 points a season. He's locked up for the next 2 years at $3.5 Million which is probably intriguing to JR.

Its a comparable trade for salary, but if Nashville has the cap space, they need to take on Kaberle's $2.2 Million too :P

Believe me, Nashville's got cap space.

They said good by to Vokoun, Kariya, and Timonen this summer and replaced 'em with

*drum roll*

Jed Ortmeyer and Greg de Vries.

It says today that Carolina is interested in the following two D-men:

John Michael-Liles - Col

Marek Zidlicky - Nash

I know I would like to see Liles here but don't know if Zidlicky is worth his 3.2 mil paycheck.

Anyone have thoughts on him and how he would fit in here?

Reportedly, a new name has been seen with Carolina interest.

Brad Stewart - LA

According to the TFP, LA has stated he will be moved by the Trade Deadline.

Reportedly, a new name has been seen with Carolina interest.

Brad Stewart - LA

According to the TFP, LA has stated he will be moved by the Trade Deadline.

I thought of Stuart last night for some reason. Or even Preissing (sp) out of LA. They will be buyers at the deadline.

I thought of Stuart last night for some reason. Or even Preissing (sp) out of LA. They will be buyers at the deadline.

Buyers? I thought LA was pretty much done in the West. Wouldn't that make them sellers?

Buyers? I thought LA was pretty much done in the West. Wouldn't that make them sellers?

After Kabs big wreck in the parking lot we should trade him so we can get that "gator "fixed!!,,Do any of you know what one of those gators cost??? :blink: Its just unbelievable!!! :P;)

Try going for Shea Weber if we can, although I'd be more than happy for Zidlicky.

Maybe we'd be able to get rid of Kaberle too?

Cole + Kaberle for Zidlicky/Weber + draft pick

Sooooo We trade Cole and Kabs and get Zidlicky and Weber and they give us a draft pick too????? I would do that deal all day long and twice on Sunday :lol:

Cole for Weber would not be a bad deal at all IMO...

Sooooo We trade Cole and Kabs and get Zidlicky and Weber and they give us a draft pick too????? I would do that deal all day long and twice on Sunday :lol:

Cole for Weber would not be a bad deal at all IMO...

No way would we be able to get BOTH Zidlicky and Weber for Cole and Kaberle. Well, it is Nashville, who basically gave everyone away over the summer...

I was just suggesting that we go for Weber instead of Zidlicky. Weber's the real deal, and would more than make up for the loss of Jackson.

If we trade Cole, I will be really disappointed if we don't get Weber back. I would love for Weber to wear a Canes jersey, even though it would be very hard for me to say bye to cole.

I wanna see Cole stay. I'd dangle Ladd right now. I know he isn't producing very well, but he's young and has a bunch of potential. If Cole has to go though then so be it. I just want a number one defensman out of it.

I wanna see Cole stay. I'd dangle Ladd right now. I know he isn't producing very well, but he's young and has a bunch of potential. If Cole has to go though then so be it. I just want a number one defensman out of it.

You won't get a #1 defensemen for Ladd. And the reason we should trade Cole instead of Ladd is BECAUSE Ladd's young and has a bunch of potential

Yeah I know, but I really was hoping the CBS line would stay around for a while. I just really don't like what I've seen from Ladd. I think the Canes may have ruined him by rushing him up.

Tis our trademark. I don't think he's ruined, but a couple weeks in the AHL wouldn't hurt.

Tis our trademark. I don't think he's ruined, but a couple weeks in the AHL wouldn't hurt.

Agreed, would be nice to see Andrew get a few weeks of 20+ minutes TOI.

As for a Preds trade, keep in mind JR got burned with the trade of Belanger to Atlanta which was believed to have broken a "gentlemans" agreement that Belanger wouldnt show back up in the same division the year of the trade. Rumor was JR was steaming as a result we played against Belanger merely a few nights later as he helped Atlanta.

Would be interesting to see if he would make another trade with the Preds so quickly.

As for cap space, if I remember the concern this year was the Preds making the league Minimum team salary which seemed to be something like 36 or so million. To complicate things the Preds have to average around 14,000 fans a game this year, and they are currently just under that level. So anything that helps them fill seats ASAP may be what they are after. Anyone that seen Erik Cole knows he can cause some very exciting plays to occur so he may be what the doctor ordered for them.