The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac247

Trade Winds Swirling

theres a good chance that suter is the one being offered, theres a recent article about him not getting the ice time he wants and fighting to be one of the top 6 D-men. If this is the case, I dont think he solely matches coles value but with a 2nd round pick JR might jump.

I still think Cole is too big of a weapon to trade right now. Let's face it, no one else on this team can blow by the other teams' defense like Cole, and there are very few players with that talent in the league. Does he get injured a lot? Yes, but that isn't because he's fragile, its his style of play that puts him in dangerous situations. He has the unique combo of speed and strength that makes him a great power forward and he still has a lot left in his career, and JR knows this. And I don't see Ladd going anywhere quite yet either. JR is probally gonna try and trade a UFA, possibly Cullen or Stiller (if he waives the NTC, which is a possibility if he feels that temporarily leaving helps the team). Plus, we have to think about the teams future. With Wes and Heddy possibly retirering at the end of the season, the Canes will have 2 open spots for D-men. JR will need too sign atleast one D-man, possibly more. It will be his best chance to rebuild the defensive core if he's willing to spend the money.

i dont think cole is leaving i have only heard it up hear. i saw on the fourth period that they were looking at trading grahme and tannabe for tangauy or somthing like that from calgary and the same d-men that were already metioned

i dont think cole is leaving i have only heard it up hear. i saw on the fourth period that they were looking at trading grahme and tannabe for tangauy or somthing like that from calgary and the same d-men that were already metioned

i would pee my pants if that happened. i still think any legit trade would be cole or ladd for a dman or two, with kabs or commie going the other way.

Yeah, um, Eklund's not even that bad... Way to over-exaggerate... :rolleyes:

LOL. Suter would be fired the moment that happened. When you make up stuff, atleast research first. Calgary signed Cujo to be Kippers backup so they don't need Grahame.

i wouldent even think of making it up go there web site it has it up there in bunch people being traded from all the other teams . I thought that it was kinda out there but if they want him gone like they say who knows. they want salary cap room they would get it. go to web site and see for your selves. :angry:

With Wes and Heddy possibly retirering at the end of the season, the Canes will have 2 open spots for D-men...

MAY have 2 open spots...

Gotta get your grammar right if you think they are POSSIBLY retiring, which would be the Canes MAY have 2 open spots. ;)

Checked Eklund's site for the heck of it and Cory and Mike were on the "rumor chart". I don't trust Eklund, but what would you think about getting rid of Cory and Mike before the deadline?

http://www.torontosun.com/Sports/Hockey/20...793218-sun.html

LUMP OF COLE

Talk won't go away that the Hurricanes are going to move RW Erik Cole before the Feb. 26 trade deadline. There's talk in NHL circles that Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford would like to shake up things and shed Cole's $4-million US salary for next season. The Senators are interested, but GM Bryan Murray would have a tough time taking on that salary. Talk is the Hurricanes are coveting a pair of Senators -- LW Antoine Vermette to help cure their penalty killing woes, and D Joe Corvo. The Hurricanes would likely send Cole out of the Eastern Conference. The Canucks, Predators, Flames and Stars have all been looking for help up front all season.

LUMP OF COLE

Talk won't go away that the Hurricanes are going to move RW Erik Cole before the Feb. 26 trade deadline. There's talk in NHL circles that Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford would like to shake up things and shed Cole's $4-million US salary for next season. The Senators are interested, but GM Bryan Murray would have a tough time taking on that salary. Talk is the Hurricanes are coveting a pair of Senators -- LW Antoine Vermette to help cure their penalty killing woes, and D Joe Corvo. The Hurricanes would likely send Cole out of the Eastern Conference. The Canucks, Predators, Flames and Stars have all been looking for help up front all season.

Well that is sad news, NYMethods. I'm not sure though... it's still a rumor and it has not been proven that the trade is true. If I hear that is is offical, that is really IS going to be traded, then I'll comment.

^I agree. JR won't trade Cole to a team in the East. He'll got out West if traded.

On to other news: Marshall Johnston was seen at the Avs game last night watching Liles:

The Avalanche's press box was heavily populated again Thursday night with scouts, all from Eastern Conference teams Colorado won't play the rest of this season.

A new addition to the mix was former University of Denver and Colorado Rockies coach Marshall Johnston, scouting for the Carolina Hurricanes. The Hurricanes continue to be looking over Avs defender John-Michael Liles, an unrestricted free agent after this season. Carolina has made no secret of its desire for a puck-carrying, offensive defenseman. Liles, however, is suffering through the worst season of his young career, with two goals and 18 points in 48 games coming in.

http://www.denverpost.com/portal/spo...58?_loopback=1

Well that is sad news, NYMethods. I'm not sure though... it's still a rumor and it has not been proven that the trade is true. If I hear that is is offical, that is really IS going to be traded, then I'll comment.

So you made a comment saying your NOT gonna comment until there is something to comment on? :blink::huh:;) (not picking on ya..its just a little funny..thats all) :P

I dont think they should but JR might you never know. he has had injurys and cole is fast to the puck and create plays with speed dont want to see him leave but on the injury side of it i would let him go to much of a risk.

Do you all really think we will trade Cole? I kind of wonder about this one...

I would think it would depend on the return, JR once said the only one that was untouchable was Eric Staal.

Do you all really think we will trade Cole? I kind of wonder about this one...

To be honest I won't be surprised to hear Cole got traded either during the off season to sure up our defense or at the trade deadline next season.

Do I want it to happen, absolutly not, as Cole has been a favorite of mine since his rookie year. I could really see this happening if Samsonov continues to do well here as JR could sign him cheaper than the $4 million he will be paying Cole. Not to mention after next year, Cole and Staal's contracts are both up and you know JRs first priority will be Staal. Not sure if JR can afford both Cole and Staal at that time. Unfortunetly I do see Cole getting traded by the deadline of 2009.

http://www.torontosun.com/Sports/Hockey/2008/01/25/4793218-sun.html' target="_blank">http://www.torontosun.com/Sports/Hockey/20...793218-sun.html[/post]

LUMP OF COLE

This is not the first time the Sens have been rumored to covet Erik Cole. Knowing JR it would still surprise me if he makes a mid season trade with an Eastern Conference team. We've been rumored so often (see CLF's post) to be interested in John-Michael Liles I can't help but think thats who we are trying to work the deal with. Keep in mind last summer we were rumored working a deal for Joni Pitkonen (sp?) that would have involved Cole and Walin (would not release NTC). If that were true, than JR may have already made his mind up that Cole would be his big trade bait.

theres a good chance that suter is the one being offered, theres a recent article about him not getting the ice time he wants and fighting to be one of the top 6 D-men. If this is the case, I dont think he solely matches coles value but with a 2nd round pick JR might jump.

NM--very poor reading skills on my part.

Seriously...can we just pull the trigger on a Liles trade already?? What the heck are we waiting for? He'd come here and automatically be a top-2 defenceman, period.