The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac247

Trade Winds Swirling

Seriously...can we just pull the trigger on a Liles trade already?? What the heck are we waiting for? He'd come here and automatically be a top-2 defenceman, period.

I think JR doesn't want to jump too quickly on this trade. He knows we are going to have to lose a contributing player to get anything at this point and that is a big chance to take on someone who may or may not fit in.

Trust me though, I am so ready for Liles to come here already.

If Liles is gonna be a UFA, why trade for him? They're better of signing him in the offseason.

Because before we give someone a contract it would be smart to see if they will fit in with teammates first, etc. Liles is young so chances are if he came here and then we signed him it wouldn't be for a year.

Eklund's back to his old tricks, and since it's supposedly going to affect our division, I figured I'd post it.

Apparently, Dallas and Tampa Bay are making a trade. St. Louis for Turco, or Marty for Marty.

The fact that both of them have a NTC doesn't seem to deter Eklund. :rolleyes:

the avs are supposedly seeking a more physical D-man in exchange for liles, which would leave commodore or gleason.

Not Gleason

Eklund's back to his old tricks, and since it's supposedly going to affect our division, I figured I'd post it.

Apparently, Dallas and Tampa Bay are making a trade. St. Louis for Turco, or Marty for Marty.

The fact that both of them have a NTC doesn't seem to deter Eklund. :rolleyes:

I don't see this trade happening. I know that Dallas is scouting St. Louis but I cannot see Turco giving up his NTC to go to Tampa. He loves Dallas area and team to much. Besides, the fans would be very angry there to lose him.

Commodore is the guy I always think of when it comes to trading one of our D for Liles. I like Commie, but if we could get Liles for him instead of a guy like Cole, I'd do it in an instant.

Not Gleason

"The Hurricanes are fixated on getting unrestricted free agent John-Michael Liles out of Colorado to help their back-end, and might be pitching either winger Andrew Ladd or D-man Tim Gleason."

http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/hockey/story.html?id=7c72da7d-c8cb-42d7-a191-f3a2026af43e&k=62035' target="_blank">http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/hockey...43e&k=62035[/post]

the avs are supposedly seeking a more physical D-man in exchange for liles, which would leave commodore or gleason.

I won't do Gleason for Liles b/c Gleason has too much upside. But Commodore for Liles I don't think is a stretch. Both are UFAs after this season, current salaries are comparable:

Commodore: 1.3 million

Liles: 1.4 million

Giving up Gleason will be a huge mistake IMHO.

I hear the Leafs are looking to trade Kaberle. Why not trade brother for brother....LOL

Just joking! Please don't beat me up for trying to be funny! :lol:

I hear the Leafs are looking to trade Kaberle. Why not trade brother for brother....LOL

Heh...well Tomas is MUCH better than Frank.

"The Hurricanes are fixated on getting unrestricted free agent John-Michael Liles out of Colorado to help their back-end, and might be pitching either winger Andrew Ladd or D-man Tim Gleason."

http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/hockey/story.html?id=7c72da7d-c8cb-42d7-a191-f3a2026af43e&k=62035' target="_blank">http://www.canada.com/topics/sports/hockey...43e&k=62035[/post]

Spector's mentioned Ladd and Gleason too like the first week in January. JR did say that our defense needs to be more disciplined. Well who on defense takes the stupidest penalties, Commodore. :P

Beat you up? You're kidding, where do we sign?

Beat you up? You're kidding, where do we sign?

I won't do Gleason for Liles b/c Gleason has too much upside. But Commodore for Liles I don't think is a stretch. Both are UFAs after this season, current salaries are comparable:

Commodore: 1.3 million

Liles: 1.4 million

Giving up Gleason will be a huge mistake IMHO.

If the Canes really want to upgrade, offer Wallin for Liles. Leave Commodore out of it.

For one, I don't think it's very likely that deal would be accepted. If it were, it would be shot down by Wallin, who already used his NTC over the summer.

They should have never given wallin an NTC. That is a joke! I can see Rod or Staal getting an NTC, but wallin?!?! C'mon! I don't believe the guy has ever been an All-Star, if anything he has been a No-Star!

If the Canes really want to upgrade, offer Wallin for Liles. Leave Commodore out of it.

Wallin wouldn't waive his NTC. That's what happened over the summer, and that's what's going to happen now if JR tries.

While I'd rather the Canes keep Commie and let Wallin go, it's not gonna happen. Commodore's more likely to get us Liles, too.

personally i think this team is way to inconsistant to consider that one or two guys (well unless the two guys are luongo and crosby)will make a winner out of themselves. no physical defenceman and goaltending that looks lost. on top of that is the fact that this team is loaded with veterans and the farm system is barren for serious prospects. this team could get real old real fast. i think we should be looking at moving some vetrans for young talant.

They should have never given wallin an NTC. That is a joke! I can see Rod or Staal getting an NTC, but wallin?!?! C'mon! I don't believe the guy has ever been an All-Star, if anything he has been a No-Star!

Getting No Trade Clauses in your contract is not necessarily something reserved for only the top players. After we won the Cup, Wallin was undecided about staying here or moving his family back to Sweden. He liked this area and didn't want to risk having his family get moved around and have to adjust to a new city. The NTC is what got him to stay. Without it, I believe he would be in Sweden right now.

Getting No Trade Clauses in your contract is not necessarily something reserved for only the top players. After we won the Cup, Wallin was undecided about staying here or moving his family back to Sweden. He liked this area and didn't want to risk having his family get moved around and have to adjust to a new city. The NTC is what got him to stay. Without it, I believe he would be in Sweden right now.

I wish he would be in Sweden right now.