The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac-97

Senators acquire Stillman, Commodore

The odds for Cole are exponentially higher than anyone else in the game right now because of his previous history with neck injuries.

With Cole, you're taking a much greater risk of losing a top player for a very long time, if not permanently, by playing him. Its very much like Eric Lindros in Philadelphia. One injury started the snowball effect. We almost saw his time here in Carolina ended permanently earlier this year playing the Panthers. One more play like that and he might not be so lucky.

IMHO, better to trade him away now and actually get someone for him rather than keep him, have him injured and unable to ever play again and having to be forced to pay his salary and take the cap hit till the contract runs out with nobody playing in his place, especially if we have to live with this self-imposed Cap that JR has set in place.

Any potential trading partner knows of his risks too and that means his value is diminished. I do think he will be traded but other teams won't give you full value. Cole has long been coveted by Ottawa and I've got to think they wanted him too but weren't willing to exchange fair value for him.

Your point about paying his salary and a cap hit if he has a possibly areer-ending injury is incorrect. He be put on LTI and that doesn't count against the cap and insurance coverage pays his salary.

Have to look past the INK,which is some nice work,not freakish at all,how about the shape he is in,thats whats impressive.Alot of muscle to throw around!!

GOT INK????IF NOT GET SOME!!! B)

He does not really throw his weight around much though.

And you definately wont see him fight. He is great on the PP though

so i just saw that stillman actually waived his no trade clause.

did he want to leave?

i saw this on nhl.com btw

Lol I guess you don't really like hanging around this board after all, do you? Stillman doesn't want to leave. It has been said many times in this topic that Stillman wants too retire here. JR said after the trade that Stillman is welcomed to come back. Its just, he's what Ottawa wanted in the trade along with Commodore since they wanted that kind of Defenseman.

So he waived his NTC because:

-1 He's taking one for his team

-2 He realizes at the same time Ottawa has a good chance of going far in the playoffs (so the third time could be a charm for a Stanley Cup).

ABout Corvo's incident in 2002 (slapping the woman's butt)

He has went through anger management and is a changed man. Do a google search and you will see his story

The only dirt we can give you on commodore is he will take a few ill advised penalty's and has very bad recovery speed!

I gurantee you he won't be puching anythng but the opponents and certainly won't be kicking anybody especially a women when they are down!

I will miss Commodore, I think he was always watching out for the other players. I hope these new guys can throw some punches. Commodore always seemed to come out on top in a fight. And, when we had a few good fights, we seemed to win. But, maybe we can have them back at the end of the season.

:mellow: Bye Commodore, I loved watching you. :mellow:

I will miss Commodore, I think he was always watching out for the other players. I hope these new guys can throw some punches. Commodore always seemed to come out on top in a fight. And, when we had a few good fights, we seemed to win. But, maybe we can have them back at the end of the season.

:mellow: Bye Commodore, I loved watching you. :mellow:

That is why Brookbank now finds himself a full time nhler(TO BRAWL)

Okay, still digesting this trade move. Here's some tangential things that come to mind. Eaves has been suffering from his original injury....separated shoulder....not a minor injury at all. Came back and got wacked again. He may not be ready for a while, and I'm okay with that. Get that shoulder healed and strengthened. Too many pops out of socket and he'll be looking at surgery to stabilize the joint. To say that he's injury prone may not be the most accurate assessment. So, in the meantime, JR will keep Aucoin up, who is working his way onto this team...went 10 out of 15 on faceoffs in Jersey, had 4 shots attempts. Let's see what the kid can do.

And, not to be nationalistic or anything, but we get 2 Americans for 2 Candians! JK!!!

I guess what is in the past is in the past!

I don't see why we are talking about a player's personal life on here. I thought that wasn't allowed. He paid his dues anyway. No one is perfect.

I don't see why we are talking about a player's personal life on here. I thought that wasn't allowed. He paid his dues anyway. No one is perfect.

Something that you can google and find out about in two minutes flat is not personal info!

Where they live,like to eat or places they frequent are personal info?

Corvo butt grabbing was national news!

***** Edited by Whaler

I would not be employed if I was a convicted criminal, would you?

:blink: Luke says:

PA rep curse strikes again!

Mike Commodore is a big man, but not big enough to break the Carolina PA rep curse.

Like Craig Adams, Kevyn Adams, Arturs Irbe and Steve Halko before him, Commodore's time with the Canes was brief once he accepted the job as player representative to the NHLPA.

The question now is, who wants the job next?

Mike Commodore, traded to Ottawa, Feb. 11, 2008

Craig Adams, traded to Chicago, Jan. 17, 2008

Kevyn Adams, traded to Phoenix, Jan. 8, 2007

Arturs Irbe, demoted to AHL, Feb. 12, 2003 (later traded)

Steve Halko, traded to St. Louis, Dec. 5, 2001

Dave Karpa, left as free agent, July 1, 2001

Kent Manderville, traded to Philadelphia, March 14, 2000

We arent talking about private matters off the ice here. Can we possibly give this guy a chance before we tar and feather him and send him to the glue factory with all the other whipping boys on this team?

Honestly folks...if the guy can clear the puck out of the zone and get it to the forwards so they can do their jobs, we've already won in this deal.

We arent talking about private matters off the ice here. Can we possibly give this guy a chance before we tar and feather him and send him to the glue factory with all the other whipping boys on this team?

Honestly folks...if the guy can clear the puck out of the zone and get it to the forwards so they can do their jobs, we've already won in this deal.

Wow...I havent been on here in forever... :D

Well, I would say congrats on the trade, but I wont, bc us Sabres fans are not too happy. Ottawa just got a lot better. And we play them tomorrow. Grrrr.

that's the thing... People can't do that because it was fan favorites who were traded so naturally they're going to overreact and look for anything possible to put the new guys down because they can't stand that their favorite guys might not have been good enough... That is, until these guys have actually played a couple games and the fans realize that these guys really are as good as we hoped.

I mean, these are the same people who lambasted JR in 2005 before the season because of our moves and they're doing the same now. I expect nothing less from the peanut gallery.

:blink: Luke says:

PA rep curse strikes again!

Mike Commodore is a big man, but not big enough to break the Carolina PA rep curse.

Like Craig Adams, Kevyn Adams, Arturs Irbe and Steve Halko before him, Commodore's time with the Canes was brief once he accepted the job as player representative to the NHLPA.

The question now is, who wants the job next?

How about Kaberle???