The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac-97

Senators acquire Stillman, Commodore

Ok, I'd agree but the retro Paul Coffey mojo (sounds like a new Starbucks flavor), not the Canes' past his prime version. ;)

Agreed, I'm voting for the Edmonton (breaking Bobby Orr's record) version.

Agreed, I'm voting for the Edmonton (breaking Bobby Orr's record) version.

Going old school, I like it.

I'm laying odds that tomorrow we see the first Corvo inspired ID here. The guy has top-end puck-handling skills and could give Hedican a run for his money with his skating. He moves like a top flight forward.

It's easy to see his talent with the puck but I'll be watching him on D when Julien rolls the Savard line while he's out. I'm guessing he will be paired with Gleason b/c the Canes will want him out there more to get the transition game going but it's clear he needs to be with Wesley or Gleason. Since Gleason plays more ES mins., I'm going with him.

I'm laying odds that tomorrow we see the first Corvo inspired ID here. The guy has top-end puck-handling skills and could give Hedican a run for his money with his skating. He moves like a top flight forward.

It's easy to see his talent with the puck but I'll be watching him on D when Julien rolls the Savard line while he's out. I'm guessing he will be paired with Gleason b/c the Canes will want him out there more to get the transition game going but it's clear he needs to be with Wesley or Gleason. Since Gleason plays more ES mins., I'm going with him.

I was wondering who he'd be paired with tonight, havent seen a line up released for the Canes yet though. I wouldnt mind seeing him with Wesley since Wesley is so responsible in our end, it'll give Corvo a chance to get his feet wet. Im sure he'll be seeing plenty of PP time.

I was wondering who he'd be paired with tonight, havent seen a line up released for the Canes yet though. I wouldnt mind seeing him with Wesley since Wesley is so responsible in our end, it'll give Corvo a chance to get his feet wet. Im sure he'll be seeing plenty of PP time.

Interesting pairing but wonder if Hedican and his speed may be better suited for the task of catching the guys that blow by Corovo?

Interesting pairing but wonder if Hedican and his speed may be better suited for the task of catching the guys that blow by Corovo?

Did you mean blow by Corvo, or Corvo blows by? :huh:

Did you mean blow by Corvo, or Corvo blows by? :huh:

Heres the pairings for tonight

HURRICANES

FORWARDS

LW C RW

Samsonov Brind'Amour Whitney

Bayda Staal Cole

Ladd Aucoin Walker

Brookbank Letowski Hamilton

DEFENSE

Kaberle Wallin

Hedican Gleason

Wesley Corvo

GOALIES

1. Ward

2. Grahame

Bayda gets to play with Cole and Staal? That doesn't make any sense.

Cole brings both the speed, forechecking and physical presence to the Staal line and it's always been effective while consistently forechecking. Bayda isn't overly physical but is a good forechecker and used to play for a long stretch of time on the first line for that reason under Maurice.

Aucoin is small and can't win battles along the boards whereas Walker and Ladd can so they are their to balance out that line.

That's my guess anyway.

How is Wesley defensively? I hope he enjoys defending 2 on 1's.

Solid, Overly Slow. Or SOS. ;)

He was Commodore's partner so he knows all about it. He is the Canes top positional Dman by far. Commodore's PK minutes were always solid though so he'll be a plus for you there.

Bayda gets to play with Cole and Staal? That doesn't make any sense.
I'm not sure I'd put Bayda with Cole and Staal either. However, DeCock did say that this was his line-up guess and was not official (assuming that's were Jerseymart got these from).

At least I know now that I will be rooting for Sens in the playoffs. I'll be watching you Comme and Stillman!

Even with this trade, I don't see it putting us over the Craps or the Trashers. It's no secret the Southeast really sucks this year and only one team from out div will make it. I'll have to put my money on the Craps.

Stillman's sticking with #61 in Ottawa, while Commodore will move to #44.

So close to Commodore 64.

Yeah I was always kinda disapointed that Commodore never had the sense of humor like Steve Heinze when he wore #57, maybe he will one day.

That is correct

I guess i forgot to mention that :blink:

At least I know now that I will be rooting for Sens in the playoffs. I'll be watching you Comme and Stillman!

Even with this trade, I don't see it putting us over the Craps or the Trashers. It's no secret the Southeast really sucks this year and only one team from out div will make it. I'll have to put my money on the Craps.

For the moment, all this speculation as to who got the better deal, Carolina or Ottawa, is just that, speculation. No one can accurately guage how these players will impact their teams, there are too many unknowns; i.e injury, team chemistry and a multitude of other variables. Only time will tell. But I guess the speculating is part of the fun of being a sport's fan. Just wish it could be done in a more civilized manner and without the vitriol, rancor and personal attacks that seem to be becoming more common.

I wasn't really hoping for the naked figurine unless it involved Storm Squad members. :D

LAST TIME I CHECKED having tatoos does not have any effect on weather you can play hockey or not. tatoos are a personal choice so why are you talking about it?? this is america and it is a free country.

LAST TIME I CHECKED having tatoos does not have any effect on weather you can play hockey or not. tatoos are a personal choice so why are you talking about it?? this is america and it is a free country.

I think he was joking...in a guy-ish manner... ;)

Might as well trade Stillman while he still had any trade value. He started the season off with a bang but has been whimpering for the past 20 games. I have absolutely no idea what Patrick Eaves might add/or subtract from the team. Ditto for Joe Corvo. Clearly Stillman was foundering and Commodore was - well let's just say he was a part of the hapless defense corps. He wasn't one of the guys I thought were absolute liabilities (Kaberle and Wallin). Maybe just the act of shaking up the team might do something. The Canes clearly won't make the playoffs playing .500 hockey from here on, despite the fact that the Southeast division really stinks. The weakest parts of the team are shoddy defense, inconsistent goaltending, the worst PK in the league, a lame powerplay, lack of hustle after loose pucks, team toughness... So where do you begin as GM? Hard to believe that at the beginning of the season they had 16 guys from the cup winning team and yet had almost no chemistry. Next on the block: Hamilton, Letowski, Cole?