The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac-97

Senators acquire Stillman, Commodore

Dude, this looks horrible so far. Stillman has almost a point per game average this year, and he's the reason Staal ever scores. We get a low scoring young guy who hasn't proved he's any good yet for Stillman!

Corvo's numbers look great but Commodore will be missed on and off the ice. Why are people saying ottawa couldn't stand Corvo and no one likes him? Can anybody explain why he seems to be a disliked dude.

We better be making room for a high scoring foward or else we made a big mistake.

tattoos make one a freakshow? sweet. way to be judgemental. *claps*

so eaves is injury-prone...so is stillman. missed a lot last season, missed the beginning of this season (not to mention he is older, as some of you probably know that doesn't help ;) ). i don't see a problem with this aspect.

sorta sad to see commie leave. he had excellent character and was a pretty good way to draw new fans (there aren't enough canes fans imo). was one of the few people on our team who wasn't afraid to be physical (not even talking about fighting-i'm talking checking and pressure). however...not too sad about stillman leaving. nice guy, has his amazing moments, but he just wasn't doing anything for us this season. if he would've kept up what he was doing his first few weeks of the season, that'd be a totally different story.

Dude, this looks horrible so far. Stillman has almost a point per game average this year, and he's the reason Staal ever scores. We get a low scoring young guy who hasn't proved he's any good yet for Stillman!

Corvo's numbers look great but Commodore will be missed on and off the ice. Why are people saying ottawa couldn't stand Corvo and no one likes him? Can anybody explain why he seems to be a disliked dude.

We better be making room for a high scoring foward or else we made a big mistake.

Stillman's old, he's a UFA at the end of the season, and he's had 8 points in the last 21 games. Eaves is injury-prone, but has high potential. And he's an RFA.

Ottawa couldn't stand Corvo because he's terrible defensively. We're giving up Commodore's "Penalty Per Game" for Corvo's "Giveaway Per Game".

Why not Kaberle? Please someone make a good argument for keeping Frank. While I see him improving ever so slightly, his play is junior league level at best. Why not get his salary off the books now and use the little bit of money to sure up the UFA we want around next season?

I am okay with the trade for the most part, but Eaves is very injury prone and has not been able to do much this season due to those injuries. Risky if you ask me. Do you sign him again to a long term deal with the injuries he has faced up until now being as young as he is?

-Hexzero

i'm sure Kaberle is being considered but isn't that valuable to trade... would you take him in a trade?

Ottowa is on their way to the playoffs and I'm sure Mike and Cory can help them find the cup this time. Good luck guys!

the youth movement begins. i dont have a problem with this deal. we got two much younger players in exchange for two vetrans that were free agents at the end of the year. getting something is better than nothing. im sure ottawa is looking at it as a rental. i think eaves will help. corvo is probably a project but if the coaches can get through to him he has upside. both young players. im sure that this is just the beginning of the overhaul!!!!! i will be rooting for ottawa and stillman/commadore come playoff time!!!!!

Actually, Corvo's older than Commodore, so it's hardly 2 older for 2 younger players.

And apparently Murray just came on the Sens flagship station and basically flat out said he's going to re-sign Stillman and Commodore.

Eaves sounds ALOT like Ladd, from the grittiness to the proneness to injury. Seems to have higher offensive potential though, so I can't argue with that type of pick-up. I just hope Rutherford isn't done. I expect, since Cole wasn't involved in this deal, another deal is in the works.

Have to look past the INK,which is very nice i may add,not freakish at all,how about the shape he is in,thats whats impressive.Alot of muscle to throw around!!

GOT INK????IF NOT GET SOME!!! B)

Very nice? hahaha

This is pretty off topic but those tattoos are terrible. Nothing original about them at all. Just cliche pieces a million other people have. They're also very basic and pretty much any artist could tattoo them. Just felt the need to chime in with that since I'm heavily tattooed. All my work is custom, though.

I do not beleive this really to be true as a whole I live in the ottawa area and attend many sens games!

The fan goat is Wade Redden, you should here the gasps when redden makes an outlet past in his own zone!

I was at the Florida vs Sens last week and Corvo scored a beauty!

For the people who say the points of Corvo are inflated cause he plays with the sen but the canes can score too!

I am happy with corvo coming and eaves is a young player with upside.

The thing that I am the most happy about is that we did not trade Cole.

I bet Stillman will come back after this year, and commy will probably ask for more than we can afford.

Actually, Corvo's older than Commodore, so it's hardly 2 older for 2 younger players.

And apparently Murray just came on the Sens flagship station and basically flat out said he's going to re-sign Stillman and Commodore.

He may try, but Commie and Stiller like us better :P

Stillman's old, he's a UFA at the end of the season, and he's had 8 points in the last 21 games. Eaves is injury-prone, but has high potential. And he's an RFA.

Ottawa couldn't stand Corvo because he's terrible defensively. We're giving up Commodore's "Penalty Per Game" for Corvo's "Giveaway Per Game".

21 goals 25 assists for stillman so far. They have to replace those numbers, and not with some kid who might be good one day. Theres got to be another move made for a big time scorerer or this seasons gonna get worse.

This is a shocker to me. For some reason i can't picture playing the Sens with Stillman up front, and Commodore on the blue-line. Well, the Sabres play them tomorrow, i will post my thoughts on the new look of the Sens for you.

Hmm, Stillman might stay there if he gets more money then we offer. Still, he said he wants to retire here but money is the true calling for most players.

21 goals 25 assists for stillman so far. They have to replace those numbers, and not with some kid who might be good one day. Theres got to be another move made for a big time scorerer or this seasons gonna get worse.

And how many of those goals and assists came early in the season?

And pillige, Stillman may return, but I think we've seen the last of Commodore in a Hurricanes jersey.

Murray just came on our Sports Radio show here in ottawa. I stole this quote off our Forums:

"Just heard Brian Murray on 1200 and he said Ottawa wanted Stillman for leadership, experience and to possibly open up a 2nd scoring line threat. Commodore was soley for grit on the back end. The were willing to give up some defensive points (Corvo) because they know in July that the grit will be more needed. They didnt want to give up Eaves but that's what finally made the deal in the end. Corvo was also a salary dump for more to come. Eaves is young and his upside is big. Corvo is a great shot on the point and can QB the PP. He lost play time in the finals last season cause him and his pairing, Preissing were getting run over by the Ducks size and grit. Both Commodore and Stillman not only have lots of playoff experience, but know how to win."

And how many of those goals and assists came early in the season?

And pillige, Stillman may return, but I think we've seen the last of Commodore in a Hurricanes jersey.

Can't hurt to hope for a return...

Besides, whose gonna pick on LaRose if Commie's gone?

Very nice? hahaha

This is pretty off topic but those tattoos are terrible. Nothing original about them at all. Just cliche pieces a million other people have. They're also very basic and pretty much any artist could tattoo them. Just felt the need to chime in with that since I'm heavily tattooed. All my work is custom, though.

Mine are custom too, except the stars, but one was a cover up and I looked funny without the other one! :lol:

Thats true. At the same time, you have look at how the whole team plays night in and night out. If our team gets a spark from this, then trading Stillman won't matter as much. Stillman was great at the start of this season, since then his game went downhill.

It really comes down too, which players do better on their new team. If our old players prove to be better in a new jersey, and our new players are ok at best, then the trade doesn't work out for us.