The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Red_Storm

McFarlane's sport figure of Eric Staal - Photos now available

To me, it looks like he butt-ended himself in the stomach. Even the Ron Francis one looked weird, it looked like one of his ankles was broken. Forgive my negativity but I own a few MacFarlane figurines and don't look the same as the ones on his website all the time. Go 'Canes!

The body detail, and the perfection of the flex and angle of the backhand, is simply amazing.

The face looks like Frodo.

I noticed the same thing, Caniac. McFarlane does some gorgeous detail work. I've got one of Khabibulin in his black TB uniform and the detail is amazing. Even the tape on his stick looks real, right down to the tears and wear marks.

But the face on Staal isn't so good. I'd love to get one for my Canes collection, but I'd have to take a look at the packaged product before I actually buy it.

Has anyone seen the rink McFarlane added to the collector's club line. It is huge - too huge for most people probably - but nice. If they ever did enough Canes figures, I would love to match them up with the Oilers on that thing. Then again, as small as his series are, I might end up with Francis and Gretzky thrown into the mix to have enough players. I suppose if I had the time, I could customize a bunch of figures to match up the top Canes and Oilers lines from last year.

Has anyone seen the rink McFarlane added to the collector's club line. It is huge - too huge for most people probably - but nice. If they ever did enough Canes figures, I would love to match them up with the Oilers on that thing. Then again, as small as his series are, I might end up with Francis and Gretzky thrown into the mix to have enough players. I suppose if I had the time, I could customize a bunch of figures to match up the top Canes and Oilers lines from last year.
I haven't seen the rink in person, but the photos of it look pretty cool. Here's a couple of shots of the rink populated with Red Wings and Leafs figures featuring Hull firing a shot and Yzerman delivering a check:

http://www.spawn.com/news/hockey_rink_photo_09_dl.html

http://www.spawn.com/news/hockey_rink_photo_10_dl.html

I didn't know Eric was trying out for the "Caveman" show!!!His face looks like a neanderthol(sp?)(my spelling is probably just as bad),THe rest is fine but the face is terrible!

Very nice, love the detail on the stick/skates and gloves. I think it's funny how the staals are sponsored by nike bauer and they all use easton sticks. Just shows you the great quality sticks they put out.

It's funny.

From the front, the face really doesn't look like Staal. However, the two side shots look exactly like him.

I was thinking the exact same thing. The face looks better than the giveaway figurines at the RBC Center though, so don't complain too much!