The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caseyjones

Saturday's Basketball to Hockey changeover at RBC

Yeah I saw this and forgot to post about it, thanks CaseyJones. What does everyone think about this? Is that really possible? I know they had a video online of when they converted it really fast, but I don't believe it was an hour and a half. Like CJ said, should be interesting.

im excited, im going to both games and im going to try and sweet talk the rbc center stafff into letting us watch. i HIGHLY doubt we'll be able to, but still...a boy can dream.

Yeah I saw this and forgot to post about it, thanks CaseyJones. What does everyone think about this? Is that really possible? I know they had a video online of when they converted it really fast, but I don't believe it was an hour and a half. Like CJ said, should be interesting.

Do you know where the video is would like to see it?

I noticed this a while back, and wondered how the heck they were going to do it. What happened to the traditional late start that we usually do whenever State has a game earlier in the day?

Boy that is funny we have that here in Albany on Saturday also. Our local college basketball team play at our arena on Saturday at 1PM and the Rats play at 7 on saturday. See I hate those days because I work for our arena here

Boy that is funny we have that here in Albany on Saturday also. Our local college basketball team play at our arena on Saturday at 1PM and the Rats play at 7 on saturday. See I hate those days because I work for our arena here

But at least there you have a couple extra hours. On Saturday, if the basketabll game goes to OT, or the workers don't bring their A-game, there could be a problem getting the players on the ice for warm-ups. I hope the RBC web-cam is working.

But at least there you have a couple extra hours. On Saturday, if the basketabll game goes to OT, or the workers don't bring their A-game, there could be a problem getting the players on the ice for warm-ups. I hope the RBC web-cam is working.
Oh the workers will bring there A-game trust me. They will have extra bodies there also. Like I said I work for our arena here so I know how those workers feel. Like with us we have 42 people on our schedule in our arena that work with just setting up and tearing down for the shows. But on Saturday we will have upwards of about 60 to 70 people tearing down form the basketball game and setting up for the hockey game. Because when this happens at our arena the security in our arena comes down to help us and the riggers in the building come down to help us and our bosses up in our front officies come down to help us out. I am pretty sure it is almost the same there when they have these 2 games in one day that they get alot of extra help to help the operations guys out.

I'm just trying to figure out when on earth we're going to go. Too early, nowhere to park. Too late, nowhere to park!

And the traffic, the traffic. I love the warnings they've given on the website - doesn't really give you a solution, just "Um, yeah, someone screwed up and created a logistical nightmare" ;)

I remember a 3PM State game that ran over so they had to keep the doors locked later than they were supposed to. It is so lame. I would prefer them to just do a 7:30 start time for us so they don't have so much of a rush between.