The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
dmonk

BRIND'AMOUR TO HAVE RECONSTRUCTIVE KNEE SURGERY

Can our odds get any worse? Can they be stacked up against us any more? I don't really think they can, and once again it'll be interesting to see how this team faces this major hurdle. We've never lost our captain for an extended period of time...I just can't wait to see how this changes things in the lockeroom and on the ice. Rod is such a big part of our team.

Yes, I'd like to say now that...

I hate the Pittsburgh Penguins. It's not even funny anymore how you guys destroy our team, either your building or the players themselves. A torn ACL...off of a rather harmless looking hit...just like Walker's weird injury. Absolutely unbelievable.

Don't know what to say; seems as if odds of the team making the playoffs just became a longshot.

Well...we DID win tonight without him.

But my question is...now what?

I have faith in eric staal and this team to overcome. I know that brindy knows these guys can get it done without him

Well, I wouldn't say that. I can't help but remember every game we've played without Brindamour. It's just been a sad, sad state of affairs.

Well, I wouldn't say that. I can't help but remember every game we've played without Brindamour. It's just been a sad, sad state of affairs.

well they have closure that he is not coming back this year, everyone knows what they need to do... dont doubt this team

Ugh...

I think Aucoin has reached his limit and must stay with the big team for the rest of the year now anyway. No way we put him on waivers. Anyone else confirm if hes played his limit?

We need Cullen now.... :( bad....

I have faith in eric staal and this team to overcome. I know that brindy knows these guys can get it done without him

True, but that doesn't mean, it's all good.... JR is gonna be looking in the Western Conference... St.Louis, Columbus, and a lot of teams.

:huh:

I mean there is no away it not hurting us, but we must overcome it now, there is no alternative. I hate rush Cullen back, but we need him now ASAP. Aucoin can hold his own as third line centerman.

uhh....we gotta hope Cullen gets better by next week for divisional games, cause he has provided the points with ample playing time. Now put him on a line with Samsonov and Cole, he could help get it done. No one els eon the team can come in and play a top 2 Center role though, and its too much work to put on a young Staal.

Walker and Cole need to start contributing consistently now, we won't replace rod, but maybe we could replace his offense if we see efforts like tonight.

Eaves, we'll have to see what he can do here also, and I have no clue where the faceoffs will come from. Everyone besides Cullen is subpar in that department in terms of %.

This just sucks...

Since this happened, do you think we will make a move or call someone up from Albany.

But, if we place him on IR, we could sign Forsberg, I dont see it happening, but its possible.

This just sucks...

Since this happened, do you think we will make a move or call someone up from Albany.

But, if we place him on IR, we could sign Forsberg, I dont see it happening, but its possible.

Forsberg is out of the question, so is Sundin... hes not gonna sign them, we'd have to give up too much for them

WOW ... I watched it at the RBC tonight ... it wasn't a massive hit ... a rontine check into the boards ... but apparently in a bad position for Brindy. I'm sorry for Brindy and I hate it.

BUT it makes me again question ... why are so many Canes players getting hurt and sick every year ?

What kind of proactive training and conditioning program is Pete Freisen running ???

How many man days lost does Detriot have this season ? Closer to the southeast, how many does Tampa have ?

Meanwhile the Canes seem to lead this stat EVERY year !

It was great to see the AHL kids step up and play tonight BUT ....

I think we need a new proactive health and physical training program next year.

The one the Canes have today isn't working.

Really, is this surprising at all? I submit to you it is not. Cullen is the big question, hes easily our fit for the second line, aucoin has proved he can be the 3rd but if cullen is still out, we need to get someone to at least man 10-12 minutes a night at center. doubt its going to be anyone big, we don't really have that much to give up with 10 guys out. If you can take anything positive from this, it will give them something more to fight for, you know win one for the captain :|