The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
dmonk

BRIND'AMOUR TO HAVE RECONSTRUCTIVE KNEE SURGERY

WOW ... I watched it at the RBC tonight ... it wasn't a massive hit ... a rontine check into the boards ... but apparently in a bad position for Brindy. I'm sorry for Brindy and I hate it.

BUT it makes me again question ... why are so many Canes players getting hurt and sick every year ?

We have [had] one of the oldest teams age wise in the league, the older the team the more injuries overall.

I have faith in eric staal and this team to overcome. I know that brindy knows these guys can get it done without him

I agree completely with you. THis team can get the job done, but they are going have to work even harder. THis is awful news though. I lost my reason to go to the practices. Lol Not really, but I will miss not seeing BrindAmour. THis keeps up, we will have to call down the entire minor club to help us get to the playoffs!

I knew it was bad when the hit happened. I was hoping it wasn't a Willie injury, but no such luck.

Our centermen ain't looking too good right now: Staal, Aucoin, and Letowski.

We need Cullen back, but rushing him back will make things worse for him and we might lose him for the season.

Wonder if Eaves will be back in sooner rather than later though. Although he isn't a center, but he's another NHL body.

Not good timing especially when we are in a fight for the divsion lead.

You know it's bad when the fans start naming injuries after you. :rolleyes::lol:

So guess Brindy pulled a Willy? Boy that doesn't sound right at all... :mellow:

sorry to make light on a serious note, but hey what can yah do?

Is it official? IF we don't win the division, are we allowed to blame it on injuries? I mean honestly, it doesn't get any worse. As my roommate (Asylum44) said, call up all the River Rats!

At this point, that number is probably too high to count.

haha yeah really, i think there is some rule somewhere about a team being void from using that if they've had two guys injured with an ACL and two more with concussions, and two more with the flu at once. (not to mention just a handful of other random injuries) it just isnt fair to the other teams that try to lead the league in man games lost.

Is it official? IF we don't win the division, are we allowed to blame it on injuries? I mean honestly, it doesn't get any worse. As my roommate (Asylum44) said, call up all the River Rats!

depends how long the rest of the team is injured...Williams, LaRose and Rod, all out long-term. If the rest aren't out for more too much longer (especially Cullen, cause we have no other scoring center), I still think Canes should win the division.

I wonder if they'll have rod around the dressing room after a couple of weeks, he'll be way too frustrated to be away from the ice this long at this time of the year.

Im really not surprised about this, it had been our luck all year, numerous injuries one after another and the flu. The only good Im tryin to see in this is it will give the Albany guys a chance to really step up like they never have before and prove that they can play at the NHL.

I was really pleased with EVERY single AHL guy tonight, I mean Mormina rang the pipe and only had 7 minutes of ice time. We can't replace our Captain, but I know all these Albany guys are bringing ALOT of energy which is exactly what we need right now.

BUT it makes me again question ... why are so many Canes players getting hurt and sick every year ?

What kind of proactive training and conditioning program is Pete Freisen running ???

I know you're speaking in broader terms than just Brindy, but really, Brindy's injury tonight is just more confirmation that the Canes have the absolute WORST luck when it comes to staying healthy. Noone in the NHL has a better, harder, consistent workout routine than Rod the Bod, and for a relatively light and routine hit to cause an ACL tear, well, really isn't it just *more of the same?*

Walker's cartilage tear seemed to have come from nowhere, Cullen may very well never be properly diagnosed even after having (reportedly) seen tons of the highest-tier medical professionals in the Triangle, LaRose goes into the boards and breaks his leg, Hedican is just flat out old, God knows just what Dennis did to his ankle, William's ACL/MCL tear on the same knee crashing in front of the net, Ladd getting his orbital bone broken in a fight, and let's not forget Cole gets a minor injury of some kind on every shift. Then there's a slew of other injuries too long to finish listing here. Then there's the flu which no amount of conditioning can prevent. And now of course, Brindy's ACL.

I know a lot of people are extremely frustrated, but if there is anything I've learned watching the Canes, they just flat out have bad luck. Honestly, how can the best conditioning in the world prevent even 25% of the injuries I listed above? They're either flukes (for lack of a better term) or just bad luck.

Sigh.

I had no emotional response when I heard the news about Brindy and the 4 to 6 months. It's just not surprising at all. Literally TEN GUYS OUT OF THE LINEUP NOW. Unbelievable. What can you do? Hopefully the younger guys from Albany can give this team the energy and desire to keep pushing and keep winning hockey games.

I love Brindy, and I respect him mightily, but I hope they give the C to someone. I'd like to see Whitney get it, because I know he'd do his damndest to lead this team the rest of the way. I wouldn't have any problem with Wesley or Staal getting it either, but I don't know if Staal needs any more pressure than what is already on him. Wesley can lead, and Whitney could certainly handle it. If Brindy wasn't gonna be out of the question until next training camp, then I'd say just keep a score of 3 A's going, but someone needs to get that C.

As usual, I didn't have access to a Pittsburgh on Center Ice but read that Brind'Amour had been hurt in Lord Stanley's blog. I continued watching the Tampa Bay game and hoped it was just a bruise of some sort. I'm kinda shocked to read this morning. Good grief. I wish Rod Brind'Amour the best in his recovery.

As for the team, it's hard to know what to think anymore with all of the injuries and sickness. The roster is so different from the one starting the year.

Another key player goes down. At least now Brind'Amour and Williams can re-hab together.

This is eerily familiar to the 2002-2003 season where half the team was Lowell Lockmonsters.

I think that year Cole broke his leg, Brind'Amour tore something in his forearm or wrist as well as other key injuries.