The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
dmonk

BRIND'AMOUR TO HAVE RECONSTRUCTIVE KNEE SURGERY

Don't know what to say; seems as if odds of the team making the playoffs just became a longshot.

We need to keep these "kids" blinders on so they don't know any better. It was funny to hear Cam Ward call them kids! :lol:

Is it official? IF we don't win the division, are we allowed to blame it on injuries? I mean honestly, it doesn't get any worse. As my roommate (Asylum44) said, call up all the River Rats!

We are not Buffalo fans!

We do not make excuses...they are for losers. :angry:

This team can still do just fine the way it is..don't lose the faith man!

What's the "Injured against PIT" list look like now?

Cole

Williams

Walker

Brind'Amour

?

The Pittsburgh jinx continues....we should make everyone wear armor shields when we face that team.

WOW ... I watched it at the RBC tonight ... it wasn't a massive hit ... a rontine check into the boards ... but apparently in a bad position for Brindy. I'm sorry for Brindy and I hate it.

BUT it makes me again question ... why are so many Canes players getting hurt and sick every year ?

What kind of proactive training and conditioning program is Pete Freisen running ???

How many man days lost does Detriot have this season ? Closer to the southeast, how many does Tampa have ?

Meanwhile the Canes seem to lead this stat EVERY year !

It was great to see the AHL kids step up and play tonight BUT ....

I think we need a new proactive health and physical training program next year.

The one the Canes have today isn't working.

These guys are professional athletes who are in top physical condition. Brind'Amour leads the pack in that regard. Knees don't bend sideways. One angle of the replay on Brindy's injury showed it very clearly...I think they only showed that angle once. He had himself braced in position, and took a hit that bent the knee inward. I think it was a knee-to-knee.

Lots of people are getting the flu - even those that got the shot. Poor physical conditioning? I don't think so.

The way I see it...

1. Alternates remain just that. No new 'C'

2. Staal steps to #1 Alternate position

3. Aucoin stays up and gets his shot

4. Boyer stays up

5. Eaves gets on the ice and perfoms

6. Brookbank gets more playing time

And the biggest point!

Next meeting with the Pens...DEMOLISH EVERYONE! :angry:

The way I see it...

1. Alternates remain just that. No new 'C'

2. Staal steps to #1 Alternate position

3. Aucoin stays up and gets his shot

4. Boyer stays up

5. Eaves gets on the ice and perfoms

6. Brookbank gets more playing time

And the biggest point!

Next meeting with the Pens...DEMOLISH EVERYONE! :angry:

i agree but the only way that will happen this year is if the canes and the pens meet in the playoffs. they dont play each other again for the rest of the season.

i agree but the only way that will happen this year is if the canes and the pens meet in the playoffs. they dont play each other again for the rest of the season.

didnt they screw us over like that last time with cole? last meeting and they take out a star player?

I'm really starting to hate that team.

What's the "Injured against PIT" list look like now?

Cole

Williams

Walker

Brind'Amour

?

Williams knee injury happened against Florida on Dec 20. Are you referring to a different injury?

Williams knee injury happened against Florida on Dec 20. Are you referring to a different injury?

maybe the letowski hit last year? or walkers abdominal injury this year? we dont have good luck against them when it comes to injuries.

We are not Buffalo fans!

We do not make excuses...they are for losers. :angry:

This team can still do just fine the way it is..don't lose the faith man!

Well said I think this team's transition to youth came at the right time!

With a little luck we can get Eaves, Cullen and Seids back for the stretch run!

Nothing can replace a Brindy but the guys who get lots more ice must step up!

It's incredible how bad the injury bug has hit North Carolina professional sports. All three of our teams have been affected big time by it over the past several years.

It's incredible how bad the injury bug has hit North Carolina professional sports. All three of our teams have been affected big time by it over the past several years.

The Durham Bulls didn't seem to have problems, maybe everyone should figure out what they did to avoid problems.

Brindy got sandwiched and Laraque hit him knee to knee (accidentally, no malicious intent).

One silver lining in the black cloud. This is forcing changes that maybe should have been made a while back. Now we will see Cole and Staal getting more ice time, especially on the PK. And we darn near scored two shorties last night. I said when we traded Stillman that JR was indirectly telling Andrew Ladd, "Here's your chance". And Ladd has responded so far. Now that Bridy is out, its time for Staal to take charge a lead this team. I wish it would not have required Brindy's ACL to tear, but regardless it time for Staal to make the jump into the true upper echelon and carry this team...

Brindy has been playing hurt all year, and it has really limited his effectiveness. I know he brings intangibles and face-off ability to the plate, but other than those two things, he's been quite mediocre this season. I will now don my bullet-proof, flame-retardent suit for the oncoming barrage.

Look like Aaron Ward caught some the the Pittsburgh curse as well the the night before

PITTSBURGH - Boston Bruins defenceman Aaron Ward, who suffered a neck injury during a 2-1 win over the Penguins on Wednesday night, was released from a Pittsburgh hospital Thursday.

No decision will be made on Ward's playing status until he is checked by the Bruins' medical staff, said Bruins spokesman Matthew Chmura.

Ward left the game after Penguins defenceman Sergei Gonchar raised his arm and stick, accidentally striking Ward in the throat. Ward wasn't bleeding, but had to be helped from the ice. Coach Claude Julien later said Ward was coughing up blood as he was led away.

Look like Aaron Ward caught some the the Pittsburgh curse as well the the night before

PITTSBURGH - Boston Bruins defenceman Aaron Ward, who suffered a neck injury during a 2-1 win over the Penguins on Wednesday night, was released from a Pittsburgh hospital Thursday.

No decision will be made on Ward's playing status until he is checked by the Bruins' medical staff, said Bruins spokesman Matthew Chmura.

Ward left the game after Penguins defenceman Sergei Gonchar raised his arm and stick, accidentally striking Ward in the throat. Ward wasn't bleeding, but had to be helped from the ice. Coach Claude Julien later said Ward was coughing up blood as he was led away.

Yeah there's a thread about that in the "Around the NHL" topic.

Good Grief! There went our captain and the playoffs...

I understand that Brindy is a huge loss, but last night, this team showed that they can win even when they're missing literally half their regular roster.

Hopefully we'll get Cullen back soon. That's probably the biggest factor as (no offense intended to either player) neither Aucoin or Letowski should be playing on the second line.

This is what our forward lines should look like once Cullen gets back:

Whitney-Staal-Cole

Samsonov-Cullen-Eaves

Bayda-Aucoin-Walker

Brookbank-Letowski-Hamilton

Once Williams gets back, this is what it should look like:

Whitney-Staal-Cole

Samsonov-Cullen-Williams (unless Eaves plays extremely well)

Walker-Aucoin-Eaves

Brookbank-Letowski-Bayda

I feel that Bayda's hard work ethic makes him more deserving of playing with the big club than Hamilton. We'll be able to win with as long as that roster brings 100% every single night, although for the sake of the future, it might be better to just tank it.

I understand that Brindy is a huge loss, but last night, this team showed that they can win even when they're missing literally half their regular roster.

Hopefully we'll get Cullen back soon. That's probably the biggest factor as (no offense intended to either player) neither Aucoin or Letowski should be playing on the second line.

Whitney-Staal-Cole

Samsonov-Cullen-Eaves

Bayda-Aucoin-Walker

Whitney-Staal-Cole

Walker-Aucoin-Williams

Brookbank-Letowski-Bayda

I feel that Bayda's hard work ethic makes him more deserving of playing with the big club than Hamilton. We'll be able to win with as long as that roster brings 100% every single night, although for the sake of the future, it might be better to just tank it.

Is the 'Williams' on the third line supposed to be Eaves?

^^ Aren't you also forgetting about Andrew Ladd? He's going to get a chance to prove he's a top-6 forward with Stillman in Ottawa. They'll put Samsonov on the RW and Ladd on the LW around Cullen. Cole, Staal, and Whitney will be the top pairing. 3rd line will be Walker, Aucoin and Eaves, when he returns. Hamilton, Letowski and Brookbank will be the 4th.

Forslund also said that since we know Brindy is done for the year, we might consider trading for a low end center from a team out west that is dumping veterans. he mentioned the names Michael Peca and Jarrett Stoll...

Whitney-Staal-Cole

Samsonov-Cullen-Eaves

Bayda-Aucoin-Walker

Whitney-Staal-Cole

Walker-Aucoin-Williams

Brookbank-Letowski-Bayda

The problem is, no one knows for sure when Cullen will be back. And I wouldn't think Williams would be back during the regular season and maybe not even the playoffs if the Canes make it. He was injured around Christmas and was projected 4-6 months. If Cullen is out for an extended period of time, last night was nice, but I don't think they can sustain and continue to get by without making a move to get at least a serviceable NHL center.

^^ Aren't you also forgetting about Andrew Ladd? He's going to get a chance to prove he's a top-6 forward with Stillman in Ottawa. They'll put Samsonov on the RW and Ladd on the LW around Cullen. Cole, Staal, and Whitney will be the top pairing. 3rd line will be Walker, Aucoin and Eaves, when he returns. Hamilton, Letowski and Brookbank will be the 4th.

Forslund also said that since we know Brindy is done for the year, we might consider trading for a low end center from a team out west that is dumping veterans. he mentioned the names Michael Peca and Jarrett Stoll...

That's who I was forgetting!

God, I looked through the roster for last night's game like six times and still didn't see his name.

But anyways, as the guy above me said, Cullen is the X-factor. If he comes back soon, then absolutely fantastic, and we've got just as good a shot as anyone to win the division. If he doesn't appear ready to come back anytime soon, let him and Williams just rest until we know that they're 100% ready, and see what the team can do until then. I would hold off making any moves, as I don't want to lose any draft picks or prospects over what would probably be a very short postseason.

But yes, I think it's imperative that Ladd gets ice time. He's shown flashes of brilliance lately, and it's his time to seize the spotlight. It's almost a shame that we're so deep at forward, because Bayda's looked great and we'll have to send him down.

And yes, I did put Williams twice on the second line-up by accident.