The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
top-shelf-1

Lavi still doesn't get it...

When you pull your #1 keeper after a bad performance, you start him in the next game because he'll be motivated not to let it happen again. Instead we're down 2-0 less than 10 minutes in.

Cam's last game against the Devils: Down 2 less than 6 minutes in. 4-1 after 1. 6-1 when Grahame comes in, 6-1 Final.

Cam's game against the Devils before that: 4-1 loss.

Yeah, obviously it's Grahame's fault. :rolleyes:

When you pull your #1 keeper after a bad performance, you start him in the next game because he'll be motivated not to let it happen again. Instead we're down 2-0 less than 10 minutes in.

I agree with you. Perhaps Lavi figured that since Cam hasn't played to well against Jersey this year that this was a better option.

Starting Grahame is a right decision.

Cam is terrible in back to back games. He will start tomorro against the team we actually have chances to win.

Grahame starts today with a roster full of AHLers, Cam better get prepared for tomorrow.

:unsure:

It was time for Grahame, give the guy a chance TopShelf. Really bad thread imo, wait until the game ends to discuss who should've started and what not...

Well it is offical - 1/2 way through the game Grahame has given up 4 goals on 14 shots. He Sucks!! We need Leighton back. Grahame has never fit in here at Carolina and his goals against is the worst in the league. He will cost us this game - one we can not afford to lose.

BRING BACK LEIGHTON. :angry:

Well it is offical - 1/2 way through the game Grahame has given up 4 goals on 14 shots. He Sucks!! We need Leighton back. Grahame has never fit in here at Carolina and his goals against is the worst in the league. He will cost us this game - one we can not afford to lose.

:rolleyes:

I'm assuming since you've just joined the board, you missed what it was like here when Leighton was called up.

:rolleyes:

I'm assuming since you've just joined the board, you missed what it was like here when Leighton was called up.

As you can see we do not have a back up goal tender. We have not had one for 2 years now. Lavi needs to find a suitable replacement for Grahame and cut him lose. I watched Leighton when they brough him up and he can do a decent job filling in spot starts. Grahame is not only the worst backup in the league he is the worst goalie in the league. Cut him now before he loses any more games for us down the stretch. :o

As you can see we do not have a back up goal tender. We have not had one for 2 years now. Lavi needs to find a suitable replacement for Grahame and cut him lose. I watched Leighton when they brough him up and he can do a decent job filling in spot starts. Grahame is not only the worst backup in the league he is the worst goalie in the league. Cut him now before he loses any more games for us down the stretch. :o

And how exactly do you expect us to "cut him"? We put him on waivers, no one wanted him. We can't trade him, because if they passed on waivers, why would they give someone up for him?

We're stuck with him till the end of the season, at which point, we'll probably drop him.

For some reason Grahame has never seemed to gel with the Canes... I don't know why mgmt can't see that. I have nothing against Grahame personally, but when we have a strong guy like Leighton in the wings, why aren't we using him? I think Leighton can handle the second spot quite nicely, give Ward rest when he needs it, AND maybe create a little competition for the top spot.

Because's then we'd be paying Grahame an NHL salary to play in the AHL. Not a smart business move, especially if we're still expecting to pick someone up at the deadline.

For some reason Grahame has never seemed to gel with the Canes... I don't know why mgmt can't see that. I have nothing against Grahame personally, but when we have a strong guy like Leighton in the wings, why aren't we using him? I think Leighton can handle the second spot quite nicely, give Ward rest when he needs it, AND maybe create a little competition for the top spot.

Why aren't we using Leighton? Because he's got a five-hole the size of the grand canyon.

I just don't understand why our team always sucks so badly against New Jersey. I can understand having trouble scoring on them, but when you're giving up 6 goals a game to them, we've got a problem. They're far from an offensive powerhouse.

I'm just wondering if you're watching the game?

Goal 2 - Kaberle left the guy open on the back door on a PP

Goal 3 - 3 on 1 breakaway

Goal 4 - Screened shot he couldn't see

I missed the first goal but I can see how you can blame the others on Grahame. :unsure: :unsure:

Grahame has a 3.64 Goals against and an .877 save pct. Leighton could do better than that - hell my duaghter could do better and she doesn't play hockey. Winning games is more important than pissing away an NHL salary away in the AHL. If the Canes don't get to the playoffs this year then they lose money too! Rutherford is not that stupid - he has to see the hand-writing on the wall with Grahame

Grahame has a 3.64 Goals against and an .877 save pct. Leighton could do better than that - hell my duaghter could do better and she doesn't play hockey. Winning games is more important than pissing away an NHL salary away in the AHL. If the Canes don't get to the playoffs this year then they lose money too! Rutherford is not that stupid - he has to see the hand-writing on the wall with Grahame

Like I said in the GDT, Grahame's GAA is inflated because Lavi refused to pull him in a Buffalo game. Not saying he's a good goalie, but I am saying that Leighton won't fare much better.

It's just the system that Carolina plays. High offense, no defense. Leaves the goalie on an island far too often.

Hell Brodeur would have given up at least 3 goals today if he had been in net for the Canes. I'm not a big fan of Grahame and think we'll see Leighton here as the back up next year.

But how can you seriously think the problem today was John Grahame?

I'm just wondering if you're watching the game?

Goal 2 - Kaberle left the guy open on the back door on a PP

Goal 3 - 3 on 1 breakaway

Goal 4 - Screened shot he couldn't see

I missed the first goal but I can see how you can blame the others on Grahame. :unsure: :unsure:

Kaberle owes me a new remote...inject him with some flu virus.

Final 5-1 - gives up a final humiliating goal with 3 seconds to spare. Leave him in NJ - no one wants him here!!! :o

Thats were you are wrong new guy! I am guessing you watched the game and think all goals are the netminders fault. There are 5 others on the ice that are suppose to play on the same team and alot of them were placed on different lines. These guys were asked to make something happen today against a team that will win the east. I said in the start of this that if they lost Johnny would get all the blame and you just proved my point. :angry:

This is a family board, can we lay off the cursing???

I understand why Lavi started Grahame. Look out west with Kiprosoff and Nobokov. They are great goalies, but they aren't getting the rest they need. Cam needed the rest to be ready for tomorrow's game. I believe John and Tripp also said that the reason he was started was because he has a better record against New Jersey. Granted it didn't go the way they were hoping, but that's what happens. I didn't watch the game since I am at work, so I can say if the defense was there or not. Lavi did what he thought was right.

You forgot Hedican't and Seidenberg. Wesley needs to retire - I won't slam him because he is a class act.

Give some of these young kids a chance. Borer is hungry and Suter may be here next year too. They need to find a quality back up goalie or kick Cam to backup and get a starter.

Well I for one am soooo glad that Lavi rewarded Grahame by letting him start a game and made Cam sit for once. Can you all imagine how bad it would have been with Cam in? John saved the day!

Not blaming it all on him today, but he definitely didn't help the cause.

John saved the day!

Too bad he didn't save anything else.

But no, it's not all on him. If we get a win tomorrow night, I'll forget about this one fairly quick. We just need to get healthy, or at least as healthy as we can get, soon.