The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
top-shelf-1

The Season's On Their Sticks

Games in hand dont mean anything unless you win them. Looking at the standings, Id rather be in our position sitting at the top of the divison rather than a few points behind looking up. Of course all this can change very quickly with a loss tomorrow night but Colliefan is right, no more three point games can be allowed in the division.

Games in hand dont mean anything unless you win them. Looking at the standings, Id rather be in our position sitting at the top of the divison rather than a few points behind looking up. Of course all this can change very quickly with a loss tomorrow night but Colliefan is right, no more three point games can be allowed in the division.

Its good that we dont have to go on the road too much either, bc our guys are starting to play pretty well at home. Lets hope we can keep this up.

Its good to be at the top but tommorows game and every game from now on against the caps are big and we must win all but maybe 1

They are playing their best hockey of the year aside from that opening month. Imagine the improvement we'll see as well when we get guys like Eaves and Seidenburg back. Seidenburg, before his injury, was turning into a pretty soid d-man for this team, and Eaves helps to provide a prolonged scoring punch incase guys like Bayda/Aucoin can't keep it going. I think the best thing right now is that we've won games and our PK and PP isn't where it should be yet. We've seen some big improvements on the PP over the last few games and I can't wait to see what we'll do when we can get our PP guys 100% comfortable with each other.

Go CANES!!

Its good that we dont have to go on the road too much either, bc our guys are starting to play pretty well at home. Lets hope we can keep this up.

Yes but did Coach Lavi or someone say something to this effect after a winning streak in 06... "Sometimes long home stands the guys stay at home with family after practice and get comfortable in their own beds..." "this long road trip might be what the doctor ordered for team unity ... that seems spot on now"

IMHO.......

I think this team is finally playing it's best hockey of the year. Yeah, we have some holes, but the team as a whole are FINALLY beginning to react and act like a team. They show the talent we all know that has been there all along.

The key I think is winning division games at home. We have a decisive advantage 2-1 against every division team. That's a big plus if you have good fan support at home.....AND WE DO!!!!

We also have two coming back off injury that will only add a big plus....Sieds and Eaves will only make this team faster and better. I'm foaming at the mouth to see Seids and Corvo pounding some goalie with those huge shots......(add Ham's shot)......and that will be a barrage that no goalie would want to see in a single shift.

Other than that, I'd think Ward needs some heavy duty work on break-aways and shoot-outs. We will see many more tight games as teams get more conservative at this time of year. One on one against the Ward is more likely to happen. He's got to get better in handling that situation or we'll give up points either one or two at a time. Three point games at this time of the year are damaging. We just can't afford them and be on top.

My last thoughts are not about the players.......we need St Peter to be at his best. We need good D pairings...smart lines that are good at speed penetration....and a player with Ward to protect the net.

Sounds simple......but we've seen otherwise. The Rat Pack has pointedly shown what youth can add to our strategy. I'd not like to see that go away. IMHO, we need more of that......wayyyyyyy more than St Peter has done in the past.

And my post script......We don't need a trade.....we're fine as we are right now. Let's not mess with the chemistry that has us back on a winning track.

Other than that, I'd think Ward needs some heavy duty work on break-aways and shoot-outs.

Agreed -- but just in case nobody's noticed, he's just cracked the .900 mark again in SV%. Sitting right on it, in fact.

Agreed -- but just in case nobody's noticed, he's just cracked the .900 mark again in SV%. Sitting right on it, in fact.

WOW!! Good enough to put him 37th in the league in that category...and his GAA is also under 2.9 now, which is amazing enough to put him a very very high 36th!

WOW!! Good enough to put him 37th in the league in that category...and his GAA is also under 2.9 now, which is amazing enough to put him a very very high 36th!

looks like that might go below .900 if this keeps up. OF COURSE CAPS SCORE ON THE POWER PLAY.... :rolleyes: