The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Divinelegion

Patrick Eaves

They should dress 7 d-man and have a random winger plus Letowski and Eaves for our fourth line. That is of course if Seids is ready to play. Whatever they do they better not touch the third line!

Third line with Walker and Aucoin. Eaves is a nice upgrade over Bayda who can move to the 4th line while Conboy goes to Albany.

With the way that 3rd lines been playing I'm not too keen on breaking them up until Eaves is 100% ready to go. Ease him in and attempt to run 4 lines with Letowski and Eaves making up the 4th with a combination of Brookbank and double shifting a top 6 forward.

Eaves has far more talent than a 4th liner. When he is 100% you'll see he belongs as one of our top 9. We didn't give up Stillman and Commie to get someone who plays 5 minutes per game on the Brookbank/Letowski line.

Eaves has far more talent than a 4th liner. When he is 100% you'll see he belongs as one of our top 9. We didn't give up Stillman and Commie to get someone who plays 5 minutes per game on the Brookbank/Letowski line.

I agree he's more talented than that, but he's overcoming an injury and has yet to play a game. That being said he should get Matt Cullen's treatment in his first game, ease him and don't just throw into the flames in case the shoulder isn't actually healed. Additionally I'm not saying he'll play the whole game with Brookbank, I think if that line happened you'd see Brookbank get 1/3 of the shifts with Staal or another top 6 forward out there with him and Letowski.

IMO he should start out on the 4th line,ease him in and rotate him thru the lines and see if he has chemistry with any of the guys.He doesn't have to replace or breakup any lines just short shift him til he is 100% and feels comfortable with the guys in game situations.

Fourth-line. Give it to him slowly. That fourth line is a joke. A Grinder and two enforcers? Enforcers IMO should be placed on lines with high producing forwards so they don't get pushed around too much. That fourth line had one nice chance last night, and Conboy hit the post on a wide open net. If Eaves is placed on the 4th line, that will take some ice-time as the fourth line could have some scoring threat. More depth. If he produces, alternate wingers for the second and fourth line.

I think they'll break him in with the 4th line, maybe he'll get some PP time. As soon as someone slips up on the depth chart...a Riverrat, or Ladd, Eaves will take their spot.

Can't break up the 3rd line for him, that would just hurt the team in the short-term.

Well he won't be playing tomorrow so we don't have to worry about breaking up Scottie and the Rats yet:

No Eaves for Saturday

Not only will Patrick Eaves not make his Carolina debut tomorrow against the Capitals, which the Canes had hoped, he didn't even skate Friday.

"He had a treatment yesterday from the doctors and he came in a little sore," Hurricanes coach Peter Laviolette said.

Dennis Seidenberg, meanwhile, has been told to stay off the ice until Monday. It's the second time he's been shut down since he left the lineup on Jan. 18 with an ankle injury.

The Atlanta announcers are pretty lame, but I must admit they did have one funny in last night's broadcast. They were talking about all of the injuries and illnesses that the Canes have had to deal with and then added, "the Canes are so injury-riddled they even went out and traded for someone that's hurt" referring to Eaves. B)

If he gets significant ice time on saturday where do you put him and why?

I dont feel comfortable breaking up the third line with the chemistry they have developed and the game they had tonight but at the same time I wouldent feel right breaking up the first two either. Ladd has realy stepped up his game since being promoted to the second line and Samsonov is playing lights out. Where do we stick Eaves...We have a surplus of Wingers.

Simple...Scratch Letowski and insert Eaves! (Instant upgrade!)

I would send Conboy back to Albany to make room on the 23 man roster. (Borer should be on the roster vice Conboy...before Eaves is put on the roster)

Hi folks...Sens fan here. I'm surprised that Pat is still not in the line up yet. Does anyone know how serious the injury was...my thoughts was that it wasn't all that bad, but this doesn't sound right? Any thoughts?

Hi folks...Sens fan here. I'm surprised that Pat is still not in the line up yet. Does anyone know how serious the injury was...my thoughts was that it wasn't all that bad, but this doesn't sound right? Any thoughts?

Not sure, but am really Happy with the way Corvo is playing!!!

I'm glad Corvo is fitting into the team...Stillman has been doing a fantastic job with Vermette and Kelly. He had a slow start...but once he was place with Vermie and Kells..things seemed to click.

I'd love to see Stillman back too but there's no room. Simple as that. And Eaves isn't playing on saturday.

I think that was an Ottawa fan saying they want to re-sign him,lol. Canes fans know he most likely won't be back.

wouldn't be surprised if he too has a touch of the flu.

wouldn't be surprised if he too has a touch of the flu.

Yeah, since we've been doing pretty well since his acquisition, we haven't had a need to rush him back, as Bayda's filling in real well.

And I doubt that, Erwin. Murray was quoted as saying that Eaves was the key piece in the trade, and this kid's is like a mix of Willie and Rosie.

I'm looking forward to seeing him on the ice, hopefully by the Tampa Bay game on the first. I'm a be there, and I'd love to see Patty.

Do you all think that maybe this is a player that will not see a Canes jersey and be used to trade with another player for a top player before Tuesday?

I hope not, he's young and potentially very good Id like to see him play for us, but if he doesnt and he is used for trade bait I hope we dont use him to get a rental for the postseason, id rather trade young talent for young talent.

I hope not, he's young and potentially very good Id like to see him play for us, but if he doesnt and he is used for trade bait I hope we dont use him to get a rental for the postseason, id rather trade young talent for young talent.

Let's do what Nashville (I think) did to us, and trade Eaves back into the NE Division.