The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
wesley-number-1-fan

Wesley Injury

Anyone know anything? I know he and Ovenchicken collided, but do we know what happened? Is he out for a while? John and Tripp said he was slow to get up but the Hurricanes organization will not disclose any info.

When they interviewed Coach L. he stated that Wesley didn't feel good so they decided to sit him until further evaluation.

I saw the play occur, it was along the side boards not far from the blue line and Wesley got a forearm in the chin/neck area. What I couldnt tell was if the back of his head hit the glass as a result. Wesley was slow afterwards and you could tell looked dazed.

Hope its not a concussion.

According to Lord Stanley's blog (fingers crossed), it may not be too serious if they're calling the injury day-to-day:

"We'll take a look at him," Hurricanes general manager Jim Rutherford said Sunday. "He's day-to-day."

Hope Wesley get's back healthy. At $1.4m, he may be the best bargain in the NHL. There are many (perhaps too many :( ) nights where Wesley is our best defenseman. If he can continue to play at that or near that level and is willing to sign for another bargain basement price, I would love to see him back next season. And I realize this goes against the general advice I've said this team needs for awhile, namely it needs to get younger and faster...but I'm making an exception for #2! :)

I like Borer but I also liked that he was paired with Wesley. I think there was good mentoring going on there and not having #2 will hurt us from an experience standpoint

He'll still be there in the locker room, but on-ice help is definitely something that I'm sure Wesley gives a lot. I think even after he retires he will stay with the team in some kind of advisory role.